+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QURAX: Leaving Canada without PR Card - Please help

sarco2000

Sep 26, 2010
Hello Qurax,

I need your expertise please,

I landed in Canada on August 25, 2010 and yet to receive PR card (Sept 25, 2010). I am flying out of Canada on Sept 29, 2010 to my home country. What are my options to return to Canada if I still don't receive PR card until I depart?

A) Can I have my friend to FedEx or UPS to me in my home country? If yes, would it be safe?
B) If option A isn't viable, then do I have to apply for "Permanent Resident Travel Document" from my home country?

Please respond,

Thank you,
Regards,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U have yourself replied your queries correctly.

1. Yes, couriering the PRC is Ok. Many do it. There's a safety concern, as with any such mode of transit, with any docs. But, if u have no other option - it'd should be an acceptable evil.

2. Yes, if u don't get to the PRC before your next move - a PRTD is only the way.

Qorax

sarco2000

Sep 26, 2010
Wow! (Such a quick reply - AMAZING)

Qurax - You're indeed amazing. No kidding, why everyone loves you on Immigration forums.

PRTD
A) What supporting documents should I be submitting in Islamabad, in your opinion?
B) Residency Obligation, Part II of PRTD form IMM5524 says that one should have lived in Canada for 730 days or so to be eligible for PRTD. Is that so? I have been living in Canada for almost 7 years (first on a study permit and later on a work permit), however; I became landed immigrant on August 25, 2010 (i.e., I crossed the border on this day). so am I exempt from the residency obligation because I have lived more than 730 days in Canada (before getting PR though) or because I just became landed immigrant)?

Also, how long do you think it will take CHC Islamabad to process PRTD application?

Please shed some light.

Thank you,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@Sarco2000

U get "1/2" day per day of previous residence (before u became a PR) - & a total of one (1) yr ONLY can be granted.

Qorax

sarco2000

Sep 26, 2010
Qurax thanks again.

So the worst situation would be for me to apply for a PRTD from Islamabad. DO you think I should be worried about that at all? or nothing to worry at all? Also what kind of supporting documents I should submit with PRTD application?

Thanks again,

sarco2000