+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding visitory visa from Islamabad for sponsored spouse

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my husband and their parents lives in the same house in canada.and i ll also live with them in the same house.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
babbi said:
so my husband and in laws have same address.
That's what I said before. You can write up to 2 Canadian addresses in 4. Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit field of DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA section in the TRV application form. You can insert your husband's name in 1 and in-laws' names in 2 and state same address for both.

But you have to put your own address in the fields 1. Current mailing address and 2. Residential address in CONTACT INFORMATION section before.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Folks I need some advice. My wife is visiting me in Canada on TRV and her PC application is also in process in CHC Islamabad (since june 2011). Should my wife contact CHC islamabad and update them about her trip. ALso ask them to change her contact phone number. I intend to keep the mailing address to be the same which is in our parents home in Karachi. But I think phone contact shall be changed to our canada home phone number. Any thoughts and opinions will be highly appreciated. good luck and thank you folks

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
I have completed the visit visa application for my wife and she will be submitting it today via TCS to the Canadian embassy in Islamabad.
I will keep you guys updated on what happens.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Irsum,

I cant help answer the questions you asked, but I was wondering if you would kindly answer some of mine.

I included the following in my application:

Completed forms
A notarized letter of invitation
A notarized copy of my passport
A letter from my employer stating my salary and position. Salary is above 6-figures (I state this because I hope this will put positive light on her application)
A bank statement which shows >$10k in my bank account
Travellers insurance I bought for the time my wife will be visiting me
A letter which shows how much my household income is
A letter from my MP which supports my case, a letter which he forwarded to High commissioner of Canada to Pakistan Ross Hynes on our behalf.
~100 Pictures from our wedding maiyoon mehndi shadi ruksati walima functions
~70 pictures from our honeymoon in dubai
E-tickets and boarding passes from our honeymoon
Copy of the invitation card from our wedding
All receipts from our wedding
All receipts from honeymoon
Copy of our marriage certificate and notarized translation
A letter from her parents giving her permission and giving me temporary custody of her (wife is <18)
Bank statement from her fathers account showing >10k canadian dollars
School letter stating that she needs to be back in school in september and that her fees are paid for next year
Copy of her birth certificate
Her police clearences
Copy of her medical which we did for the spousal sponsorship
My tax assessment and T4
An affadavit signed by me and an oath taken infront of a lawyer that I will take her complete financial responsibility during her visit and will send her back and that she needs to start school...
A copy of the CanadaPost slip which states that I have sent the spouse sponsorship application
A copy of the tracking information which states that the application was received in mississauga on Feb 27th
2 Passport sized photos of my wife
A letter of intent stating that she needs to visit me because my vacation days are exhausted at work. And spending time apart is very hard and strenuous on our marriage.

Some more facts, there is a significant age diff between me and my wife(10 years), and she has no travel history except for our honeymoon..
As someone whose wife has successfully received the visit visa. What chances do you think we have of getting a visa stamped on her passport?
I would like her to visit me in August (which is a little over 90 days from when they should receive the completed application).
How long did it take you to get the VISA, from the day canadian high commission in Isb received your application?
Is there something which I missed?

Thanks,

irsum said:
Folks I need some advice. My wife is visiting me in Canada on TRV and her PC application is also in process in CHC Islamabad (since june 2011). Should my wife contact CHC islamabad and update them about her trip. ALso ask them to change her contact phone number. I intend to keep the mailing address to be the same which is in our parents home in Karachi. But I think phone contact shall be changed to our canada home phone number. Any thoughts and opinions will be highly appreciated. good luck and thank you folks

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
theshaikh said:
Hey Irsum,

I cant help answer the questions you asked, but I was wondering if you would kindly answer some of mine.

I included the following in my application:

Completed forms
A notarized letter of invitation
A notarized copy of my passport
A letter from my employer stating my salary and position. Salary is above 6-figures (I state this because I hope this will put positive light on her application)
A bank statement which shows >$10k in my bank account
Travellers insurance I bought for the time my wife will be visiting me
A letter which shows how much my household income is
A letter from my MP which supports my case, a letter which he forwarded to High commissioner of Canada to Pakistan Ross Hynes on our behalf.
~100 Pictures from our wedding maiyoon mehndi shadi ruksati walima functions
~70 pictures from our honeymoon in dubai
E-tickets and boarding passes from our honeymoon
Copy of the invitation card from our wedding
All receipts from our wedding
All receipts from honeymoon
Copy of our marriage certificate and notarized translation
A letter from her parents giving her permission and giving me temporary custody of her (wife is <18)
Bank statement from her fathers account showing >10k canadian dollars
School letter stating that she needs to be back in school in september and that her fees are paid for next year
Copy of her birth certificate
Her police clearences
Copy of her medical which we did for the spousal sponsorship
My tax assessment and T4
An affadavit signed by me and an oath taken infront of a lawyer that I will take her complete financial responsibility during her visit and will send her back and that she needs to start school...
A copy of the CanadaPost slip which states that I have sent the spouse sponsorship application
A copy of the tracking information which states that the application was received in mississauga on Feb 27th
2 Passport sized photos of my wife
A letter of intent stating that she needs to visit me because my vacation days are exhausted at work. And spending time apart is very hard and strenuous on our marriage.

Some more facts, there is a significant age diff between me and my wife(10 years), and she has no travel history except for our honeymoon..
As someone whose wife has successfully received the visit visa. What chances do you think we have of getting a visa stamped on her passport?
I would like her to visit me in August (which is a little over 90 days from when they should receive the completed application).
How long did it take you to get the VISA, from the day canadian high commission in Isb received your application?
Is there something which I missed?

Thanks,
Dear theShaikh, your wife has very good chance of getting her visit visa. I don't think 10 years age difference will have
any negative effect on your application. Our age difference is also about 10 years. You have attached more then enough
documents. No i don't see you have missed anything. It took about 85 days in our application to get processed. This time
line is variable and you should check what is current time line.
You have strong case and hope you will get good news pretty soon. Take care and my best wishes and prayers for you and family.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Thanks alot Irsum for your encouraging words and vote of confidence. I will wait and see what happens and inshAllah God willing, we will hear good news.

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear All,

My wife is in process of applying for a temporary residence visa (visit visa) to visit me in Canada.

The application instructions say the "Schedule 1 –Application for Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada" (IMM5257 – Schedule 1) need to be filled by the principal applicant as well as the spouse and dependents even if they are not planning to visit Canada.

I am confused, do I need to fill the 'Application for Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada'? Doesn't make intuitive sense given I am a PR residing in Canada.

Would appreciate your perspective.

Kind regards

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

plz tell me that in TRV document checklist there is requirement of "PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR CURRENT IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT(STUDY PERMIT,WORK PERMIT OR TEMPORARY RESIDENT PERMIT)"

anybody tell me what is this???
reply soon..

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi..

i want to visit my husband in canada
tell me what should i write "purpose of visit" should i write "other" or "tourism"??????????

plz reply soooooonn!!!!

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
I believe tourism would be the appropriate selection.

babbi said:
hi..

tell me what should i write "purpose of visit" should i write "other" or "tourism"??????????

plz reply soooooonn!!!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
babbi said:
hi..

plz reply soooooonn!!!!
Yes, the guide states that visiting family and friends falls under tourism. If you wish to tell them a little more about your visit, attach a separate sheet of paper and write the details you wish to convey.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Irsum,

Has your wife arrived yet? How was the experience with the VISA Officer in Canada? What sort of questions did they ask?

Thanks,
theshaikh said:
Thanks alot Irsum for your encouraging words and vote of confidence. I will wait and see what happens and inshAllah God willing, we will hear good news.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
theshaikh said:
Hey Irsum,

Has your wife arrived yet? How was the experience with the VISA Officer in Canada? What sort of questions did they ask?

Thanks,
Hello Shaikh...yes my wife arrived 3 weeks ago. It was all very comfortable. Visa officer asked very few questions. He asked where she will be staying. She did tell him that our PR application is in Islamabad. He asked how long we had been married. Her passport was stamped with entry date but no exit date, which means she can stay 6 months from the date of entry.
Thanks my friend...my prayers and best wishes for you