24-10-2011
AOR Received.
Pending
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help I got from this forum. Finally I collected all the documents for supporting QSC except one. My wife didn't have her birth certificate and we have applied for new one in India. It would take around 20-30 day to get it. So just need an advice from the senior members, So should I send the other documents with application and later I can add the Birth certificate to my file Or should I wait until i get the certificate ?

Also I want to pay using my Credit card. I have filled the form given on the Quebec website but not sure if I need to write down the Security# from back of Card, though there is no place for it on the form.

Can some one who used the Credit card suggest me on this ?

Thanks

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
grataul,

the ideal situation will be to apply with a full & complete set of documents. so if its only a matter of waiting 20 days to get it, then i suggest you wait.

if you're in india, then your biq is hk. they dont accept credit card payments.

grataul said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help I got from this forum. Finally I collected all the documents for supporting QSC except one. My wife didn't have her birth certificate and we have applied for new one in India. It would take around 20-30 day to get it. So just need an advice from the senior members, So should I send the other documents with application and later I can add the Birth certificate to my file Or should I wait until i get the certificate ?

Also I want to pay using my Credit card. I have filled the form given on the Quebec website but not sure if I need to write down the Security# from back of Card, though there is no place for it on the form.

Can some one who used the Credit card suggest me on this ?

Thanks

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
grataul said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help I got from this forum. Finally I collected all the documents for supporting QSC except one. My wife didn't have her birth certificate and we have applied for new one in India. It would take around 20-30 day to get it. So just need an advice from the senior members, So should I send the other documents with application and later I can add the Birth certificate to my file Or should I wait until i get the certificate ? - Hi grataul, you can apply without BC, write down a cover letter and explain them you need to prepare the certificate and once you get your AOR, you will send them the BC of your wife and meanwhile they can consult with your passport or family register certificate. It doesn't really a big problem. I have done it with my application as well.

Can some one who used the Credit card suggest me on this ? You just need to give credit card number. though I have read it in previous thread, if you use other methods of payment, they are fast. Credit card is a slower method of payment, as they put in the queue. I hope it clarifies. Thanks

Thanks

grataul

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
Pending
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Thank you fReSco & vibez_well.

@vibez_well I am in US on Work visa but my wife is still in India. So I am sending my application to Montreal. This office do accepts Credit Card. Only reason I want to use Credit so that I can track when transaction is done by immigration office.

Well I am still confused regarding the sending the application. I believe nothing would change in 20 days but it will delay my application.

Thanks

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone taken the TEF or DELF Pro exam? if YES, Please share some ideas and how was the exam?

Merci!

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fReSco said:
You just need to give credit card number. though I have read it in previous thread, if you use other methods of payment, they are fast. Credit card is a slower method of payment, as they put in the queue. I hope it clarifies. Thanks
No, BIQ doesn't accept credit card payment. Only the following payment methods are accepted:

- certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank);
- Canada Post money order;
- bank draft or international money order

To verify Please follow the link given below :

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/fees.html

(method of payment column)

freddy83

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I'm new here. I am going to apply for Quebec skilled visa. I need advice from you guys on a few things. I did the evaluation on the Quebec site. It turns out that I qualify with the below given criteria.
Country - Sri Lanka
Age - 28
Education - 4 year BSc Degree in Computer Science
Work - 2 years as a QA Engineer and 2+ years as a Web/PHP Developer
Single
French - Minimal (even though i dont know French I'm planning to learn)
English - Advanced

ok. Now here are my questions for u, if u can kindly answer them.

1) Do u think I have a good chance of getting the visa?
2) Would it be better to get the services of a lawyer or can one submit the applications on their own without any issue?
3) I have mentioned my skill in French and English. Do I need to give any test results such as IELTS to prove this? I'm asking becoz they are only expecting speaking and listening skills. Will providing a french language test mark cut down the time it'll to process my application? Can I submit my application and then take these tests and send them the results later? Or will I be interviewed to test my language skills, and that's just it.
4) And for my BSc degree is it sufficient to send my Transcript and a copy of my degree certificate? Does the transcript need to be sealed in an envelop since i already have gotten two transcripts but they are not sealed.
5) And for my work experience is it sufficient to provide service letters from my previous and current employers?

Hope some one could answer this especially the third one. Please elaborate on that one specifically.

Thank You ( Merci :D )

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
francaise said:
No, BIQ doesn't accept credit card payment. Only the following payment methods are accepted: sorry my friend he want to apply from montreal not honk kong and his BIQ accept payment with credit card here the link below

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/fees.html
Method of payment
Only the following payment methods are accepted:

•credit card (if you mail in your application, you must fill in the form Payment by credit card (Dynamic PDF, 376 Kb), sign it and attach it to your application);
•certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank);
•cashier's cheque;
•cheque issued by a Canadian company;
•Canada Post money order;
•bank draft or international money order.

stillhope

- certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank);
- Canada Post money order;
- bank draft or international money order

To verify Please follow the link given below :

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/fees.html

(method of payment column)

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@still hope&fresco,

Thank you so much guys,for your grading.hw about your federal process?ve you submited your document?

@egrace62,
wishing you safe landing in Montreal.Cant wait to join you soon.However,dont forget to share your experience with us.I ll also you get contact with Nigeria In diasporal Organization(NIDO) Montreal Chapter they will be of great help.You also connect with NIDO on their website.

aimable

Sep 29, 2011
quebec2011 said:

Hi,

Why did they make you wait 2 and half year for CSQ interview? where did you have your interview?

If you don't mind could you please tell me that why did they ask you to provide them more info about your profession?

They might be doing some background check once that is over they will return your passport with stamped visa back to you.

Good luck
this is a normal waiting time as they have to come form hongkong to take interview in delhi, firstly they sent me a letter in october 2009 that my application is queued for selection interview and then they gave november 2011 but got cancellled due to some reason finally they called for the interview in feb 2011 in CHC new delhi,

grataul

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
Pending
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Thank you, Friends.

I Know I do have the option to pay using the Credit as StillHope Mentioned I am applying from NY, but my query was do I need to mention security code (from the back of the card or not, ...coz there is no place for this on the form).

Stillhope can you also suggest me on below, Just wanted to confirm. ( no offense with fReSco & vibez_well 's replies ):

My wife didn't have her birth certificate and we have applied for new one in India. It would take around 20-30 day to get it. So just need an advice , should I send application without the BC and later I can add the Birth certificate to my file Or should I wait until i get the certificate ?

Thanks

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
grataul said:
Thank you, Friends.

I Know I do have the option to pay using the Credit as StillHope Mentioned I am applying from NY, but my query was do I need to mention security code (from the back of the card or not, ...coz there is no place for this on the form). You dont need to include the security code @ back of your card.However, you can make a copy of the frontage of the card like i did.

Stillhope can you also suggest me on below, Just wanted to confirm. ( no offense with fReSco & vibez_well 's replies ):

My wife didn't have her birth certificate and we have applied for new one in India. It would take around 20-30 day to get it. So just need an advice , should I send application without the BC and later I can add the Birth certificate to my file Or should I wait until i get the certificate ?(it all depends on you,but i'll advise you file your application now and send the BC when it is ready)

Thanks

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
grataul said:
Thank you, Friends.

I Know I do have the option to pay using the Credit as StillHope Mentioned I am applying from NY, but my query was do I need to mention security code (from the back of the card or not, ...coz there is no place for this on the form). i also made my payment via my credit card as per i remember i also didnt given my cvv no, . just fill the form and send it, they automatically take the payment from your account

My wife didn't have her birth certificate and we have applied for new one in India. It would take around 20-30 day to get it. So just need an advice , should I send application without the BC and later I can add the Birth certificate to my file Or should I wait until i get the certificate if u can wait for your wifes birth certificate then its fine. if u want to come in the queue then just apply and when u will get your aor then update your file. Without Birth certifcate they will not reject or return your application and i think no need to give any explanation letter regarding becaue may be they doubt why u didnt make it befor. so just send your application without her birth certifcate and may be later they send u letter regarding missing document at that mean time u allready got your birth certifcate and u send them

stillhope
?

Thanks

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Biolah said:
@ still hope&fresco,

Thank you so much guys,for your grading.hw about your federal process?ve you submited your document? thanks dear, but unfortunately my attorney didn applied my case yet, i hope he will apply this week.

@ egrace62,
wishing you safe landing in Montreal.Cant wait to join you soon.However,dont forget to share your experience with us.I ll also you get contact with Nigeria In diasporal Organization(NIDO) Montreal Chapter they will be of great help.You also connect with NIDO on their website.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@STILLHOPE,
Please kindly give me a link to QSC "bible" thank you.