+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Hi seniors ,

This is a tough one I guess, and really need your expertise here!

My AOT is part of: 2009 List of preferred areas of training so I thought I can be part of this list. However, the page says that:

"The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). Failing this, the candidate must have practised for at least one year, within the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, an occupation directly related to the diploma obtained for which he or she is being assessed."

Now the problem is that I have got my degree more than 5 years ago so basically I am not qualified unless I satisfy the other option which is to have practiced, for at least one year, within the past 5 years an occupation directly related to my diploma.
My diploma is in Computer Engineering and I work as an IT Project Manager, so its not a technical role as my studies in Computer Engineering.

Can anyone tell me whether my experience as an IT Project Manager can be considered as directly or indirectly related to my diploma ??

Thank you guys

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
OsamaR said:
Hi seniors ,

This is a tough one I guess, and really need your expertise here!

My AOT is part of: 2009 List of preferred areas of training so I thought I can be part of this list. However, the page says that:

"The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). Failing this, the candidate must have practised for at least one year, within the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, an occupation directly related to the diploma obtained for which he or she is being assessed."

Now the problem is that I have got my degree more than 5 years ago so basically I am not qualified unless I satisfy the other option which is to have practiced, for at least one year, within the past 5 years an occupation directly related to my diploma.
My diploma is in Computer Engineering and I work as an IT Project Manager, so its not a technical role as my studies in Computer Engineering.

Can anyone tell me whether my experience as an IT Project Manager can be considered as directly or indirectly related to my diploma ?? - Hi Osama, IMHO, It (0213) should be fallen into Computer Engineering. According to my understanding, You were more like practicing a management job but weren't you managing a team of ICT Professionals or Computer Engineers? You should ask yourself that what kind of projects you were managing? And you can also explain them by sending a letter or email as well. Thanks

Thank you guys

agnes_blush27

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 2, 2011
Doc's Request.
financial suff sept. 24
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
sept. 23 dated sept.12
File Transfer...
june 13 sent application to ns: july 19 aor received from ns
Med's Request
In God's time
Med's Done....
In God's time
Interview........
may 31
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Thanks mate,

I will download.
fiirm

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello fReSco,
how are you ?
could you please send me the links that i can download the "150 activities" and the audio related to this book?
thank you

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Bachar said:
Hello fReSco,
how are you ? - I am fine thank you!
could you please send me the links that i can download the "150 activities" and the audio related to this book?
thank you - please check your inbox.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Thank you fReSco for your feedback, you are totally right.. I never thought of it from the perspective :D..

I checked Human Resources and Skills Development Canada website: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213 and it clearly shows the Computer Engineering Degree is a requirements to a computer projects manager role which is the same as IT Project Manager..

Thanks for insight :)

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
OsamaR said:
Thank you fReSco for your feedback, you are totally right.. I never thought of it from the perspective :D..

I checked Human Resources and Skills Development Canada website: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213 and it clearly shows the Computer Engineering Degree is a requirements to a computer projects manager role which is the same as IT Project Manager..

Thanks for insight :) - you are welcome and all the very best : )

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
thekhaled said:
I would like to apply.

I went to the consultant today (Dubai UAE) but he asked me to pay 2500$ just for legal fees.
Hi thekhaled, you do not need a consultant.. you will get all the help you need from the fantastic members of this forum. I have tried a consultant before and I got rejected because of him..

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Hello everyone! Please help me. I am a nurse here in the Philippines. I've read this on Quebec Govt site, it says:

"If you plan to practise a regulated trade or profession in Québec and you have obtained recognition of the equivalence of your diploma or training from the relevant regulatory body, you must provide proof"

What proof should I give them? Please help. Thank you in advance.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011