2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smallie said:
Congrats Mansoor, waoh, 8months!!! This gives me some comfort that i will recieve mine before the end of this month. I hope you get the interview call or waiver sooner than that. All the best.
@ Monsoor, congrats... on ur A.O.R

@ Smallie; yeah it really will be conforting for u to find someone with a near similar story with urs..... this Quiebec road is best walked with a partner.... a loner in this journey will get weary and tired pretty soon..... hope u get something too at the dot of 8months..... And to ur coming A.O.R..... CHEERs ;D

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
I sincerely do not agree that all factors have a minimum cut off point, where did you read this please? This was clearly stated for criteria Educational attainment but not for any other. It was not stated anywhere in the immigration guide i quoted. I even tried the online evaluation test selecting experience as zero and it went through. From my own understanding, if points makeup for the individual factors can give you enough points to cross employability threshold and get you to interview/waiver, then you you should be fine.

egrace62 said:

All criteria have minimum eliminatory threshold point that an applicant must be awarded to an applicant else such application will b rejected. in other words, an applicant must be awarded points from this factors else the application will be rejected regardless of whether the applicant has more than the required cut-off point.they also take into consideration if all necessary factor has contributed to the point an applicant has accumulated. th>: only the following factors s , stay in quebec, family in Quebec, and arranged offer of employment can an applicant be excused for scoring zero.
in the case of applicant who are applying as married, there also must be a spread in the contributors to the total point. for instance it is not allowed for only the Principal applicant to contribute all 63/57 points, such an application will be rejected cos such would only create a picture that the dependent will b useless to them. so spread is the thing and not total point obtained

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
egrace62 said:
@ Caribgrl55, well it seems everyone get this code 130 then, since u who do not get priority in CSQ issuance get same code 130 as those of us who got priority in CSQ issuance, it means we all get this code 130. which is a testament to my earlier claim that all QSW get same treatment with the federal guys except for those with A.O.E.

@ Mk24, if ur BIQ is demanding primary school certificate, then it will be wrong for u to say it is important. get it for them. and if u can get it maybe due to loss, go to the court and get a sworn affidavit for them stating the reason y u are unable to provide what they wanted
What do you mean by A.O.E?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
DONSOFT said:
I sincerely do not agree that all factors have a minimum cut off point, where did you read this please? This was clearly stated for criteria Educational attainment but not for any other. It was not stated anywhere in the immigration guide i quoted. I even tried the online evaluation test selecting experience as zero and it went through. From my own understanding, if points makeup for the individual factors can give you enough points to cross employability threshold and get you to interview/waiver, then you you should be fine. A lot of people do score zero in factor Area of Training and yet they are not rejected.
as per A.O.T, not everyone will be awarded points here. and no one will be punished for scoring zero.
so A.o.T is part of those criteria that does not require this minimum point.
if u disagree. y then do they reject an application that does not sign the financial self sufficiency form?
the reason is this. anyone who fails to sign it is indirectly saying that i do not need this point ( even though d applicant might av done it unintentionally). u may wish not to believe me.....fine.....
but come to think of it.... this immigration route is called Quebec Skilled worker..... then how can an applicant who claims to be a Skilled worker be awarded zero for experience which is the main thing that will portray him/her as a professional, and yet u believe such an applicant will still qualify as a skilled professional? do u think such applicant will pull 2ru?

manoylo_bg

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Belgrade
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2010(QSW) - 05-05-2010(Federal)
Nomination.....
31-03-2011 CSQ received
AOR Received.
28-07-2010 (QSW)
Med's Request
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
31-03-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maybe September :)
@Wingsofmaybe7777

Please!!!!!!!!!!! Send me e-mail! I want to reply on your message but private messaging is not working!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p

-m

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
caribgrl55 said:
Abehola, did you also have code 130?
Caribgrl, yes I have that with PRIORITY on it as well.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks DONSOFT and EGRACE62 for your point of views over this issue of minimum threshold for different categories. This is exactly what I was saying, different people have different opinions and that is why it is really scary.

@ EGRACE62: According to you, what is the minimum threshold points for the different categories? I totally get your point that this category is clearly titled "SKILLED WORKER" so logically, work experience should be COMPULSORY. But since they have not mentioned HOW MUCH work experience is necessary, how can I be sure that I will be accepted with only 6 months work experience also??? We're just assuming that 6 months would be fine but there is no surity, right??? Because, a small 6 month internship is very less to really make any background check or assess my professional skills anyway.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Thanks DONSOFT and EGRACE62 for your point of views over this issue of minimum threshold for different categories. This is exactly what I was saying, different people have different opinions and that is why it is really scary.

@ EGRACE62: According to you, what is the minimum threshold points for the different categories? I totally get your point that this category is clearly titled "SKILLED WORKER" so logically, work experience should be COMPULSORY. But since they have not mentioned HOW MUCH work experience is necessary, how can I be sure that I will be accepted with only 6 months work experience also??? We're just assuming that 6 months would be fine but there is no surity, right??? Because, a small 6 month internship is very less to really make any background check or assess my professional skills anyway.

for FSW category, it is 1year.... but for QSW it is 6months. maybe those who told u do not know the difference between FSW and QSW. it really is not confusing

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
egrace62 said:

for FSW category, it is 1year.... but for QSW it is 6months. maybe those who told u do not know the difference between FSW and QSW. it really is not confusing
Great, so should I be 100% sure that I should have no problem with the "work experience" category if I have 6-7 months of work experience?

Also, I read in the "Guide des Procedures d'immigration" that one of the criteria considered for the 6 Adaptability points is the test of the candidate's professional skills, abilities and how he has performed at his job, what are his professional achievements, etc. so don't you think that a candidate with very little work experience like me would NOT get FULL adaptability points?

Also, when they say minimum 30 hours a week is full-time work exp, let's say, I have a 9-to-3 job (Mon-Fri) which makes total 30 hours a week but then there is a lunch break from 1-1:30, so does that get counted as 5 1/2 hours or 6 hours only?

Thank you so much :)

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
You failed to answer my question correctly. You stated that factors such as stay in quebec, family in Quebec, arranged offer of employment and A.O.T does not require minimum points and my question remains where you read that. I have already giving you the document i read - Guides des procedures d'immigration. As far as i am concerned, this document can be likened to a Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration Bible! I am yet to find another document that is more detailed. As a matter of fact you have not been able to prove me wrong as you have failed to provide the document where all these assertions were stated. There is no arguement about financial self-sufficiency as it was clearly stated on page 46 (line 3.3.9) of the Guides des procedures d'immigration, that this factor is like a play off factor. You can also refer to it as a signature of engagement, in other words, an applicant must agree to the terms of the contract provided by the Minister by signing the form for his application to be processed. Please note that this route is termed skilled worker route does not mean that one must be skilled professionally in other to qualify. As clearly pointed out by Cohen, this program uses the human capital model which which awards points based on various selection factors such as age, education, language, work experience, and adaptability. Cohen also went ahead to point out that to qualify for this program , an applicant must, at minimum, have completed a diploma which is equivalent to a general or vocational high school diploma in Quebec and must have sufficient settlement funds.

I still maintain that you point out to us where you got these information from and that is the only time i can agree with you. As for now i still strongly disagree with you and still maintain my stand, so the answer to your last question is definitely A YES, THE APPLICANT WILL PULL THRU.

egrace62 said:
as per A.O.T, not everyone will be awarded points here. and no one will be punished for scoring zero.
so A.o.T is part of those criteria that does not require this minimum point.
if u disagree. y then do they reject an application that does not sign the financial self sufficiency form?
the reason is this. anyone who fails to sign it is indirectly saying that i do not need this point ( even though d applicant might av done it unintentionally). u may wish not to believe me.....fine.....
but come to think of it.... this immigration route is called Quebec Skilled worker..... then how can an applicant who claims to be a Skilled worker be awarded zero for experience which is the main thing that will portray him/her as a professional, and yet u believe such an applicant will still qualify as a skilled professional? do u think such applicant will pull 2ru?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
DONSOFT said:
You failed to answer my question correctly. You stated that factors such as stay in quebec, family in Quebec, arranged offer of employment and A.O.T does not require minimum points and my question remains where you read that. I have already giving you the document i read - Guides des procedures d'immigration. As far as i am concerned, this document can be likened to a Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration Bible! i have also digested this said document my brother, but one fact is this that even two students in the same class with same lecture note will still av different degree of understanding, I am yet to find another document that is more detailed pls note that yeah the guide is detailed but the guide is a theory which does not fully give a description of all the cases that these BIQ-guys will confront in d real sense.at times their discretion av to come to play. havent u seen applicats with two NOC-codes? is there any where in this guide that two NOC-codes shld be alloted?. As a matter of fact you have not been able to prove me wrong as you have failed to provide the document where all these assertions were stated. well i am not in a contest with u, so there is no need for me to prove u either right/wrong.all i am doing is just to make my opinion known and to accept when my knowledge is outdated There is no arguement about financial self-sufficiency as it was clearly stated on page 46 (line 3.3.9) of the Guides des procedures d'immigration, that this factor is like a play off factor. You can also refer to it as a signature of engagement, in other words, an applicant must agree to the terms of the contract provided by the Minister by signing the form for his application to be processed. Please note that this route is termed skilled worker route does not mean that one must be skilled professionally then i wonder y points were been alloted to experience or y they av stated 6months as the minimum required work experiencein other to qualify. As clearly pointed out by Cohen, this program uses the human capital model which which awards points based on various selection factors such as age, education, language, work experience, and adaptability. Cohen also went ahead to point out that to qualify for this program , an applicant must, at minimum, have completed a diploma which is equivalent to a general or vocational high school diploma in Quebec and must have sufficient settlement funds.

I still maintain that you point out to us where you got these information from and that is the only time i can agree with you u really do not need to agree with me, i do not need to force anything down ur throat,so for that i wish not to state the source cos it will only add to the confusion on ground.. As for now i still strongly disagree well, goodluck with that, that is y we all cannot be the same. it makes the world interesting.but the most important thing is that every decision has consequences and each one of us must be ready to face the consequences of our decisions with you and still maintain my stand, so the answer to your last question is definitely A YES, THE APPLICANT WILL PULL THRU. ok, fine. but did u also apply with zero work experience?
note that for some one with zero wrk experience, dont u knw that the person will av to build strongly on other points. the applicant in Question is Neville. and i am not sure that this guy has a P.HD plus a b2 french, then aw come u advised him that with zero experience that he still will pull 2ru. one thing i think u need realize is that there is no general answer to these immigration issues that is y every case has to be addressed differently and for this reason, the BIQ-officer need rely on thier descretion at times b4 they can conclude a case.ok when u did ur on line assessment with zero wrk experience, what did u put in as ur highest educational qualification,stay in quebec, french ability,english ability, nos of children,spousal xtics,AoT, etc

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
@ DONSOFT,

i just am wondering on some thing now....

at least i know that a CSQ must contain an NOC-Code. now for an applicant with zero wrk experience what will their NOC code be..... blank i guess or will it be that they will refer to their degree certificate?
i trust u knw that it is d experience and not Education that is used in placement in an NOC code?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Great, so should I be 100% sure that I should have no problem with the "work experience" category if I have 6-7 months of work experience? yeah, no problem. but hope ur other criteria are water tight?

Also, I read in the "Guide des Procedures d'immigration" that one of the criteria considered for the 6 Adaptability points is the test of the candidate's professional skills, abilities and how he has performed at his job, what are his professional achievements, etc. so don't you think that a candidate with very little work experience like me would NOT get FULL adaptability points? fear not, with ur 6-7months experience u are ok, it now depends on aw skillfull u are with d use of ur mouth

Also, when they say minimum 30 hours a week is full-time work exp, let's say, I have a 9-to-3 job (Mon-Fri) which makes total 30 hours a week but then there is a lunch break from 1-1:30, so does that get counted as 5 1/2 hours or 6 hours only? funny :D, but never mind, it still will b 6hours and not 5 1/2hrs.

Thank you so much :)