AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ Abehola,wings,iceberg77,marylat... Pls guys & ladies, i just ll like to knw d number of digits ur NOC codes contain. I only knw of 4-digits but strange enough mine has 5-digits. i had initial thought it was a mistake, & at a point i was thinking that those at d Visa office had seen d error & hence d reason for my file being delayd. But all of those thoughts of mine were wrong cos d last digit actualy meant sth. Just wanna knw if i av got company wit this strange but correct Code
Egrace,

What I have is 4-digits and my spouse who is also on the priority list has 4-digista as well. I hope you can find a way of clarifying what the extra digit means and let us have your findings.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Quebec2011, joidiple, a and all i wish to state categorically clear that we are not criticizing each other or at war but only discussing an issue of utmost importance to all of us. As a matter of fact, Egrace is my friend and elder brother in this game and therefore i do not have any reason whatsoever to fight or criticize him. We learn more when we express our views/understanding of an issue and that is exactly what we are doing here. That is basically the usefulness of a forum as opinions/views are never one sided.

My dear brother Egrace, i have decided to bring in the proper definition of the term skilled worker into this discuss as you clearly pointed out earlier in the discussion that the program is termed Skilled Worker and therefore every prospective applicant has to be skilled. That is very correct bro but looking at the proper definition of the term will help us clear some issues as well.

The Quebec regulation - (Page 11 line 1.2.1) defines a skilled worker as "a foreigner aged at least 18 years who recently moved to Quebec for a job that he is likely able to hold". The definition as given by wikipedia is "A skilled worker is any worker who has some special skill, knowledge, or (usually acquired) ability in his work. A skilled worker may have attended a college, university or technical school. Or, a skilled worker may have learned his skills on the job". The free dictionary also defined the term as "a worker who has acquired special skills". The businessdictionary.com defined the term as "An individual that is knowledgeable about a specific skill or trade. An auto mechanic is one example of a skilled worker because they posses extensive knowledge about repairing an automobile".

The keypoint to take away from the definitions is that the KNOWLEDGE OF A SPECIAL OR SPECIFIC SKILL (WHICH QUALIFIES ONE AS A SKILLED WORKER) IS USUALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH TRAINING. THIS TRAINING COULD HAVE BEEN ACQUIRED AT A TRAINING SCHOOL OR ON THE JOB. I am only trying to point out the fact being skilled could actually be as a result of your Area of Training (A.O.T) or job experience and not just one's experience on the job. In other words, you are expected to be skilled in a particular area if you have received training in that area - the reason why an applicant earns his full points for area of training if he graduated less than five years ago as it is expected that the aquired skill will still be fresh or have an experience in the past one year if degree is more than five years. As an example, if you have received training in a particular area and also have a good command of the french language coupled with other factors even with little or no experience in your AOT, you should be employable in Quebec and of course should be able to surpass the employability threshold. Think about this point critically bro.

It is always better to work with the information we have and not drawing some conclusions that may be harmful to us at the end of the day. I will advise we desist from implying conclusions especially when we cannot substantiate our claim with an official document from the immigration office. You actually stated earlier that some factors have minimum cut off points while others do not have but you have not been able to show us an official document where this was stated. I will suggest you point us to such a document if you have any as this will go a long way in clearing some of these confusions.

Lets keep sending in our views/opinions as this will do all of us a lot of good not just in this discuss but generally on all the other factors.

Peace to all.
[/size][/size]

egrace62 said:
@ DONSOFT, THE mere fact that a code is being enterd does nt mean d action is positive cos every thing is identified by a code even rejectn. The code 9914 means worker not on ANY OF d 600+ NOC list. so i dnt think such applicnt ll b safe. And what u av quotd clasify no-experience / those nt meeting factor requiremnt under such. Also note dat d actiom word 'enter' does nt refer to CSQ but it rfers to their GCM-SYSTEM

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Egypt2011 said:
@ egrace:

please can u tell me the conditions that will be applied if trying to change the work permit to PR??

thank u so much ..
sorry dear for the late response. if u will like to change ur TRV into a PR for to be able to reside in Quebec, u will need to apply under the category: PEQ ( peogramme de l'experience de Quebecoise. click the link below for details:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html
BUT if u av a TRV for other pronvince and u wish to change the TRV to PR so that u can reside anywhere outside Quebec, click the link below for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

abehola said:
Egrace,

What I have is 4-digits and my spouse who is also on the priority list has 4-digista as well. I hope you can find a way of clarifying what the extra digit means and let us have your findings.
whao, i guess i am on an island of my own then........
the 5th digit signifies the step in which such applicant is on that very NOC

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Thanks so much again egrace62, you made me feel at ease as always. Talking about water-tight criteria, here is my points calculation:

Education (Bachelors and Masters) - 12 pts (Distance learning for the Masters but I guess it counts)
Areas of Training (Section C) - 6 pts
Age - 16 pts
Language proficiency:
English - 6 pts
French DELF A2 - 6 pts (By the time of my interview, I will have B1 or maybe B2 also)
Work Experience (6-7 mnths) - 4 pts
Financial self-sufficiency - 1 pts

TOTAL - 51 pts

Even if I get 10 instead of 12 pts. for my degree because of the distance learning Masters, my total will still be 49. Also, I am safe if I get 4 instead of 6 pts. for Adaptability, correct? yeah u right, that is the way to go about it, those mrks u are shedding in ur calculations are like a shield againt margin of error. it is ok Also, don't forget that by the time of the interview, I will be having French B1 (which is 8 pts.) or maybe even B2 (which is 12 pts. I guess?) but I am not sure if they would consider those points because they were earned after the application was sent. if u are able to send it in b4 an interview date is fixed for u, they will av to take it into consideration

So for now, my only concern is the little work experience. What do you think of my points? ok, and ur experience is just ok

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012

egrace62 said:
whao, i guess i am on an island of my own then........
the 5th digit signifies the step in which such applicant is on that very NOC
Step how? Don't u think its cos u didnt attend interview? I want to believe if it were to be the step one is on the NOC ascertaining that at the interview should point that out to the interviewer coupled with the submitted Employment reference. My spouse's code was given as 2112 and mine as 2173 although it was meant to be 2147.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Merci beaucoup egrace62, vous êtes le meilleur !!! :)

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
egrace62 said:
sorry dear for the late response. if u will like to change ur TRV into a PR for to be able to reside in Quebec, u will need to apply under the category: PEQ ( peogramme de l'experience de Quebecoise. click the link below for details:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html
BUT if u av a TRV for other pronvince and u wish to change the TRV to PR so that u can reside anywhere outside Quebec, click the link below for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

Thank you so much for ur always here to help :)

osidabdelkader

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New York- USA
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Requested Police certificate fom my homecountry 04/03/2014
File Transfer...
Ecas went "In Process" 04/02/2014
Med's Request
august 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
august 23nd 2013 Ecase shows received on 12/13.2013
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
egrace62 said:
that is the game bro. waiting and waiting but depending on your area of training this wait time can b considerably reduced. what is ur area of specialization in ur degree?

Sorry for being late
I have a bachelor degree in economics, and nearly two years experience in purchasing among an industrial company.

Really

Aug 14, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have a question. In the employment for the past 5 years section. Do you have to list all the jobs you have held, even if you are not claiming eligibility for work experience points with them? Or do you only list jobs which qualify for work experience points?

Thanks guys!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
attested copy

shersta said:
Do we need to submit the original DELF certificates or just notarized copies? Thanks!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Hey guys just a quick question once again. To those of you who have been called for an interview and faxed or mailed their confirmation for the interview, did the BIQ reply to you to confirm that they have received your fax or letter? I'm just curious since they haven't replied after I've sent them my confirmation a week ago.

Thanks a lot!