Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi Yogie and other forum members,
Can I get points for this education towards Area of Training?
I completed my Licentiateship Exam from Insurance Institute of India in May 2008.

yogie said:
@ mkshah

As per the "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION" for Quebec for awarding the points for Area of Training criterion "The diploma must be obtained during the 5 years preceding the filing of the DCS or, if it is older, the candidate has been a profession related to his training for at least 1 year full-time during the 5 years preceding filing the DCS"

So according the information provided by you, you will get

1. Education - 12 points (for your master degree)
2. Work exp - 8 Points (for more than 48 months of experience)
3. Area of training - 0 points (bcs. your degree is older than 5 years and you haven't minimum of
1 year of experience in the field directly related to your degree i.e.
chemistry)

Hope this will help !!!

Yogie

Here is the link for "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION" , however it is in french but it has everything what you need to know, and yeah you can use google translator to translate the particular portion of that documents which you want to know. Just Copy and Paste it in Google Translator ,it is as easy as 1, 2, 3, !!!!!

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

and

http://translate.google.com/

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@egrace62,
Pls Can you share, what is the minimum eliminatory threshold point for aot?

egrace62 said:

All criteria have minimum eliminatory threshold point that an applicant must be awarded to an applicant else such application will b rejected. in other words, an applicant must be awarded points from this factors else the application will be rejected regardless of whether the applicant has more than the required cut-off point.they also take into consideration if all necessary factor has contributed to the point an applicant has accumulated. th>: only the following factors s , stay in quebec, family in Quebec, and arranged offer of employment can an applicant be excused for scoring zero.
in the case of applicant who are applying as married, there also must be a spread in the contributors to the total point. for instance it is not allowed for only the Principal applicant to contribute all 63/57 points, such an application will be rejected cos such would only create a picture that the dependent will b useless to them. so spread is the thing and not total point obtained

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks so much again egrace62, you made me feel at ease as always. Talking about water-tight criteria, here is my points calculation:

Education (Bachelors and Masters) - 12 pts (Distance learning for the Masters but I guess it counts)
Areas of Training (Section C) - 6 pts
Age - 16 pts
Language proficiency:
English - 6 pts
French DELF A2 - 6 pts (By the time of my interview, I will have B1 or maybe B2 also)
Work Experience (6-7 mnths) - 4 pts
Financial self-sufficiency - 1 pts

TOTAL - 51 pts

Even if I get 10 instead of 12 pts. for my degree because of the distance learning Masters, my total will still be 49. Also, I am safe if I get 4 instead of 6 pts. for Adaptability, correct? Also, don't forget that by the time of the interview, I will be having French B1 (which is 8 pts.) or maybe even B2 (which is 12 pts. I guess?) but I am not sure if they would consider those points because they were earned after the application was sent.

So for now, my only concern is the little work experience. What do you think of my points?

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
@egrace:

please can u tell me the conditions that will be applied if trying to change the work permit to PR??

thank u so much ..

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Egrace! Please note that i was only airing my own view based on my understanding of the immigration manual. None of us here is an immigration lawyer but we only tend to give our individual opinion based on what we've read or heard as no one of us can experience or has experienced all scenarios. Of course Officers at the BIQ will definitely use their discretion from time to time to take some decisions. We all do that daily in life.

I wasn't referrring to Neville's case in particular but only trying to add my understanding to this very important course as it relates to each and every one of us that may reading this forum.

egrace62 said:
note that for some one with zero wrk experience, dont u knw that the person will av to build strongly on other points (Exactly my point! Score the required total points and you are there bro!) . the applicant in Question is Neville (I wasn't referring to Neville alone, was only airing my understanding for the interest of the general house). and i am not sure that this guy has a P.HD (doesn't matter as i did the online test with a Bsc) plus a b2 french (this is not impossible, someone in this forum moved from zero to advanced intermediate after the submission of his application), then aw come u advised him that with zero experience that he still will pull 2ru (you got me wrong here as i was writing generally, my response wasn't meant for Neville alone, Neville please take note). one thing i think u need realize is that there is no general answer to these immigration issues -- there is never a general solution for anything in life but there must be guidelines. that is y every case has to be addressed differently and for this reason (yes i agree with you but the case you are referring to here is a pretty straight forward one) , the BIQ-officer need rely on thier descretion at times b4 they can conclude a case (yes, if and only if the case is an ambigous one, i sincerely do not see any confusion here).ok when u did ur on line assessment with zero wrk experience, what did u put in as ur highest educational qualification,stay in quebec, french ability,english ability, nos of children,spousal xtics,AoT, etc ( Try it out yourself bro if you are doubting me and lets have your experience here)

My point remains that an applicant can make it with a good overall total which of course will entail scoring good scores in some other factors to make up for deficient areas. The manual usually indicates minimum cut off for any factor that requires one

I believe we have flogged this issue so much and have decided to rest my case at this point. I will not comment on any response bothering on this particular issue being generated by Neville's case going further.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@egrace62,
@DONSOFT,

I think we should not criticize each other over those controversial terms that as egrace said ony BIQ people can face in real situation.

I think QSW is its own procedures and criteria so if an applicant is taking self-assessment test any in this test checks his experience as zero and he goes through it so it means they are accepting him/her without experience as far as he/she can meet the cut-off point otherwise they don't.

This self assessment test is so programmed that everything is loaded into its logic so it can't make mistake.

I think we should not disturb the friendly atmosphere of this thread by objecting or proving wrong each other because as far as I know many friends have learned so many things from this thread and that is only because of you guys.

God bless,

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Read the extract from page 32 paragraph 2 of the immigration manual below:

"If no NOC has been awarded based on the criterion Area training, the immigration officer shall record in the computer system departmental code of the profession (4-digit NOC) that is either experience longer gained by the candidate or the experience acquired by it in a field related to its formation. If the candidate has no work experience or experience does not correspond to Quebec or does not meet the requirements in factor, the official Immigration must record the appropriate code as indicated in section 5.3.3 IPG 5-10 (SEE IPG 5-10, Section 5.3.3). The new worker will be coded 9914"

I rest my case.[/b][/color]

egrace62 said:
@ DONSOFT,

i just am wondering on some thing now....

at least i know that a CSQ must contain an NOC-Code. now for an applicant with zero wrk experience what will their NOC code be..... blank i guess or will it be that they will refer to their degree certificate?
i trust u knw that it is d experience and not Education that is used in placement in an NOC code?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

Et al, i really do hope that someone will b bold enough to file an application without experience. But for me i knw i won't try that in even in my dream. Well for those of us like stillhope who maintains an account with cohen u can pls 4wad d questn of zero wrk experience to him. Cos really wish to correct my error so that i wont av to b a stumbling block to anyone who seeks my advice. And as Quebec 2011 statd let d friendliness continue. Cheers guys

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ DONSOFT, THE mere fact that a code is being enterd does nt mean d action is positive cos every thing is identified by a code even rejectn. The code 9914 means worker not on ANY OF d 600+ NOC list. so i dnt think such applicnt ll b safe. And what u av quotd clasify no-experience / those nt meeting factor requiremnt under such. Also note dat d actiom word 'enter' does nt refer to CSQ but it rfers to their GCM-SYSTEM

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's ok guys, anyone's idea is welcome, that's the reason we belong to this open forum. just keep being a helpful friend to everyone.

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masters youve each made your point..... Its just individuals point of view for this particular subject but that doesnt mean each one have to be right and the other wrong.... Youve help us so much with your views/knowledge/opinions etc that makes this journey bearable as the waiting game is excruciating enough...

As they say love not war. ;D peace everyone and have a nice day ahead.

May god bless us all.

A

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
Hi Yogie and other forum members,
Can I get points for this education towards Area of Training?
I completed my Licentiateship Exam from Insurance Institute of India in May 2008.
@mkshah

Does your course falls into one of the category in the below pdf list for INDIA , if your answer is YES then you might get points for your AOT.

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_INDE.pdf

Yogie

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
many thanks to everyone that has been assisting me and others on this forum, especially egrace, ready4canada, DONSOFT, and abehola.
I will take my time to study the checklist of Mexico BIQ, cos I preferred the QSW to FSW.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ Abehola,wings,iceberg77,marylat... Pls guys & ladies, i just ll like to knw d number of digits ur NOC codes contain. I only knw of 4-digits but strange enough mine has 5-digits. i had initial thought it was a mistake, & at a point i was thinking that those at d Visa office had seen d error & hence d reason for my file being delayd. But all of those thoughts of mine were wrong cos d last digit actualy meant sth. Just wanna knw if i av got company wit this strange but correct Code

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a said:
Masters youve each made your point..... Its just individuals point of view for this particular subject but that doesnt mean each one have to be right and the other wrong.... Youve help us so much with your views/knowledge/opinions etc that makes this journey bearable as the waiting game is excruciating enough...

As they say love not war. ;D peace everyone and have a nice day ahead.

May god bless us all.

A
Hi Buddy,
Even i have also send my file in March-2011 and got AOR in first week of April-2011 but after that
i hv not rec any thing from HONG KONG
so can u pls tell me about ur edu and experiece all