Submitted PR renewal - 19th Aug
Status change to completed (on inspect tool) - 26th Aug
Status change to invalid (older PR card on GCKey) - 28 Aug
Card mail date - 28 Aug
Received the new card - 5 Sep

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Sharing my timeline in case it helps anyone. Similar to others, I received my card in record time as well.

Application submitted : 16 August (Pr portal still shows submitted)
Inspect tool showed status as completed on 22 August. With rejectionReasonEn as "Other" and rejectionDetails as "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality) – please review Guide IMM5445.
Could not link my Pr renewal application to GCkey but Document Status of older, 1st PR card application (which I received when I first came to Canada 5 years back) changed to "Your document is invalid. " on 27 August.
Today (30 August) : received card in mail.

I was concerned about the photo as it was a digital photo and wasn't sure what to submit for the back side. So i just scanned the receipt from the photo store along with required details such as name and DOB etc which I had hand written on a piece of paper. Ultimately, it seems it got accepted in spite of the inspect tool warning.
I'm in the same boat having applied in June but I haven't received the card yet not any email fo new photos

lizlizliz

Mar 19, 2019
Hello! I'm seeking some clarification on form IMM 5444 question 3.5: "Have you ever been issued any of the following documents? Travel document and/or PR travel document"

Travel document: Does this include travel within Canada? During the pandemic I received a travel notice from the government of New Brunswick in order to move there.
PR Travel document: Do they mean a PR Card here or something else?

Thank you!

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hello! I'm seeking some clarification on form IMM 5444 question 3.5: "Have you ever been issued any of the following documents? Travel document and/or PR travel document"

Travel document: Does this include travel within Canada? During the pandemic I received a travel notice from the government of New Brunswick in order to move there.
PR Travel document: Do they mean a PR Card here or something else?

Thank you!
No, its not the PR card. Its only applicable if you had applied for and received a PTRD (Permantent Residency Travel Document) which is used to enter Canada without a PR card.

lizlizliz

Mar 19, 2019
No, its not the PR card. Its only applicable if you had applied for and received a PTRD (Permantent Residency Travel Document) which is used to enter Canada without a PR card.
So "travel document" and "pr travel document" only mean a PTRD in this case, and nothing else? Just clarifying

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Does this mean it has been completed:
"createdAt": "2024-08-09 13:34:21.163412",
"updatedAt": "2024-08-20 16:48:26.268398",
"caseStatusId": 20,
"lobId": 29,
"phaseId": 3,
"submittedAt": "2024-08-13 00:23:12.338796",
"representativeId": null,
"representativeConfirmationTimestamp": null,
"isUrgent": false,
"urgencyGranted": null,
"caseMetadata": null,
"capEventId": null,
"urgencyRequestDate": null,
"paWillSignWebform": true,
"referralOrganization": null,
"officeId": null,
"designatedEntityId": null,
"commCertId": null,
"hasCommCert": null,
"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [],
"members": [],
"phase": {
"id": 3,
"phaseEn": "Renewal",
"phaseFr": "Renouvellement"
},
"lob": {
"id": 29,
"programEn": "Renewal",
"programFr": "Renouvellement",
"programId": 5,
"categoryEn": "Permanent Resident card",
"categoryFr": "Carte de résident permanent",
"isHidden": false,
"phaseId": 3,
"categoryId": null,
"sortOrder": 47
},
"readOnly": false
}
Yes. You can expect the PR card anytime.

Reactions: GlobalJourney

lizlizliz

Mar 19, 2019
Thank you for your help! For imm5444, 4.1 Address History (Inside and Outside of Canada) they want you to list from most recent to oldest. Do they want the location I currently live in too, or just my previous addresses? Asking because it only allows me to input a date, and I can't leave the input field blank and add my prior address, the option is greyed out

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
People are getting the renewed cards after applying in August and mine is still showing submitted from July 8th.
Applied on June 25th. Was finally able to link the application to my IRCC account last week. Got an update today on the profile saying application was approved on Sep 5th, which is exactly 72 days (processing time). Expecting the PR card in the mailbox soon.

As you had submitted on July 8th, you can expect approval on Sep 18th :)

Reactions: saini1987

JasonXS

Sep 9, 2024
Applied on June 25th. Was finally able to link the application to my IRCC account last week. Got an update today on the profile saying application was approved on Sep 5th, which is exactly 72 days (processing time). Expecting the PR card in the mailbox soon.

As you had submitted on July 8th, you can expect approval on Sep 18th :)
My renewal application was submitted on June 21, 2024, but as of today, it is still unable to link to the IRCC account. do you have the application number? or just UCI number to link it? and inspect tool says anything after Sep 5th approval?

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
My renewal application was submitted on June 21, 2024, but as of today, it is still unable to link to the IRCC account. do you have the application number? or just UCI number to link it? and inspect tool says anything after Sep 5th approval?
I got the application number from IRCC agent sometime in July but I wasn't able to link it until last week. When I had used my UCI, it didn't pull up the renewal application.