+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

dsr83510

May 27, 2024
I applied for PR renewal on 18th Aug via IRCC portal and status on that portal showing submitted .
Two Questions which need help ( if anyone experienced the same )

Q1 : i am login back today on the same portal- it showing Status as "Submitted" and View option is disabled .

Q2 : its already 4 days passed and i am checking PR application status with my UCI code, its showing nothing ( no status ) , is it expected ?

how and when can we check the status ?
I applied on Aug 9, same situation as your's, I think the only way to get some "real" status is to call the IRCC helpline number. But even there, the lines are entirely automated & usually busy so its pretty hard to get hold of an agent ( like a real human being to talk to, such a shame ).

Reactions: iiindian

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
PR RENEWAL TIMELINE
Applicants - Famil of 4 ( 2Adult and 2 kids)
PR renewal application submitted Aug 9 2024
PR portal status updates - Submitted
No status updates on portal and unable to link pr renewal application to GC key.

2 kids PR cards received Aug 21.
2 Adult PR cards still waiting .

dsr83510

May 27, 2024
Submitted my PR card renewal application on Aug 9, 2024 (current card expires on Sep 14, 2024), Checked the status using the Inspect tool (on Aug 20), it still says the following,

label: "INTAKE.RENEWAL_CASE_STATUS.SUBMITTED"
type: "submitted"

After reading several posts on this forum I noticed that for many folks, within a span of 10 days, the status gets set to complete. Should I be concerned and start reaching out to IRCC call center. Please advise.

Also please let me know, if as an individual holding a PR status (but an expired PR card), can I undertake new employment, would the expired card cause any issues with proving your work eligibility. Appreciate your responses.
PR Card renewal Application submitted (ROI approximately 1121 days) on Aug 9, 2024
No updates received via email, no AOR, no Completion status using Inspect tool (to be honest that tool is useless)
Called in on Aug 23 to the IRCC help center, they mentioned that the card was processed and shipped out on Aug 19
Received the card in my mail on Aug 23.

Hihen218

Aug 23, 2024
Hello everyone. I am NOT a very computer/phone kind of person as only had a cell phone for less than 2 yrs.Please don't judge me I am 64 yrs, and applied for my renewal PR Card by mail and was delivered in Nova Scotia on June 17th 2024. I received a e-mail from IRRC(?) saying they received my application that date, but the email 11days later. I can't link anything to my UCI # or previous # on the back of my PR Card. I tried calling the # in Scarborough, Ontario when I was off work sick weeks ago. I also tried multiple times, different days/,times as I am home just after noon(work schedule). That # is a joke, they just hang up on you.I see multiple people getting their PR Card thru the online portal jn less than than a month. I am a little nervous as I have travel plans that have been booked for months. I just don't know what to do at this point. Ahhh

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. I am NOT a very computer/phone kind of person as only had a cell phone for less than 2 yrs.Please don't judge me I am 64 yrs, and applied for my renewal PR Card by mail and was delivered in Nova Scotia on June 17th 2024. I received a e-mail from IRRC(?) saying they received my application that date, but the email 11days later. I can't link anything to my UCI # or previous # on the back of my PR Card. I tried calling the # in Scarborough, Ontario when I was off work sick weeks ago. I also tried multiple times, different days/,times as I am home just after noon(work schedule). That # is a joke, they just hang up on you.I see multiple people getting their PR Card thru the online portal jn less than than a month. I am a little nervous as I have travel plans that have been booked for months. I just don't know what to do at this point. Ahhh
Try submitting a web form:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/web-form2.html

Good luck!

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
I had posted the technical issue I am facing with my PR card renewal here.

I had submitted a webform and a seperate form as well to complain about it a week ago. Still haven't heard anything back from them.

Can I call them? Their "contact us" page is a maze and I was not able to find any phone number listed there.

Any advice?

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
PR RENEWAL TIMELINE
Applicants - Famil of 4 ( 2Adult and 2 kids)
PR renewal application submitted Aug 9 2024
PR portal status updates - Submitted
No status updates on portal and unable to link pr renewal application to GC key.

2 kids PR cards received Aug 21.
2 Adult PR cards still waiting .
family of 4 PR renewal - Date of submission Aug 09 - received all PR cards Aug 26

Reactions: YVR123

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
Please let me know how you were able to get through the phone lines without an application ID (the PR card portal doesn't provide any application id of any sorts). That would be super helpful, Thanks.
How I connected to the customer service at IRCC? Yeah, you were right since ARS asked you an application number.
I just simply put any numbers, first, I put single digit number 4, and next I used my PR card number. Both worked and allow me to reach to the end reply - not able to connect this time kind of ARS.
But I tried repeatedly 3 times - and for the three times, ARS responded me - not able to connect my call, keep trying - 4th time, I finally reached and got you have 28 minutes to get connected to the agent. I did it in the early morning (around 9 AM). Hope this will help you some. Good luck!

Another thing, one day after I contacted IRCC, my previous card status in IRCC account became "your document is invalid". which means that my new card is in the mail.
I guess that the card should be arrived within a week or so then.

iiindian

Oct 23, 2023
My PR Card is expiring in Oct 24 , i met the Days requirements and submitted the application and its in process ( new card not received yet) .
i have some urgent work and going to US ( have valid visitor visa ) for a week in Sept and back by 20th Sept .
need expert advise ,

Q1 : am I eligible to travel with Old PR card ? ( which is going to expire Oct'24)
Q2 : My PR card is expiring on OCT'24 ,means its expiring 1st Oct or 31st Oct ?

nathaly.cely

Jun 22, 2018
I found this forum really helpful so I want to share our timeline. PR card renewal application for my dad.
Submitted application online on Aug 11
PR portal status: still showing submitted
The Gckey app link to check the status, never worked, I tried but it said they couldn't find the application.
Received new PR card on Aug 30 by mail.

I checked the inspection tool instructions listed on page 17 of this forum. Status was completed, but it also has a section of photo rejection. I was worried, but we took the photo in a Shoppersdrugmart and they gave us the digital jpeg photo.

Thankfully, nothing wrong with the photo and we received the new card 3 weeks later. The inspection tool is not 100% accurate. If you are worried about the status call the IRCC and talk with an agent. Try several times until they actually connect you with an agent.

Last edited:

iiindian

Oct 23, 2023
Any one - expert ....

pls help me on below

My PR Card is expiring in Oct 24 , i met the Days requirements and submitted the application and its in process ( new card not received yet) .
i have some urgent work and going to US ( have valid US visitor visa ) for a week in Sept and back by 20th Sept .
need expert advise ,

Q1 : am I eligible to travel with Old PR card ? (which is going to expire Oct'24)
Q2 : My PR card is expiring on OCT'24 ,means its expiring 1st Oct or 31st Oct ?