+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

dsr83510

May 27, 2024
Submitted my PR card renewal application on Aug 9, 2024 (current card expires on Sep 14, 2024), Checked the status using the Inspect tool (on Aug 20), it still says the following,

label: "INTAKE.RENEWAL_CASE_STATUS.SUBMITTED"
type: "submitted"

After reading several posts on this forum I noticed that for many folks, within a span of 10 days, the status gets set to complete. Should I be concerned and start reaching out to IRCC call center. Please advise.

Also please let me know, if as an individual holding a PR status (but an expired PR card), can I undertake new employment, would the expired card cause any issues with proving your work eligibility. Appreciate your responses.

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
June 24 - Applied (RO - 735 days)
June 28 - Completed (status via inspect). Also rejection reason as "Application not signed and dated". View button greyed out
July 16 - Received an email to submit photos
July 19 - Photos received by IRCC
August 13 - Card mailed
The wait is finally over. Card received on August 21st. Thank you all for your support. Good luck everyone!

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
No updates yet. They have not asked for any additional info.
Application Submitted on April 13.
Still no update on this. Thinking of visiting the Etobicoke VO to ask them for an update. IRCC has no update for me, the agent just says "you have to wait". Its been over 4 months now!
Is there anyone that tried to visit them without an appointment?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Submitted my PR card renewal application on Aug 9, 2024 (current card expires on Sep 14, 2024), Checked the status using the Inspect tool (on Aug 20), it still says the following,

label: "INTAKE.RENEWAL_CASE_STATUS.SUBMITTED"
type: "submitted"

After reading several posts on this forum I noticed that for many folks, within a span of 10 days, the status gets set to complete. Should I be concerned and start reaching out to IRCC call center. Please advise.

Also please let me know, if as an individual holding a PR status (but an expired PR card), can I undertake new employment, would the expired card cause any issues with proving your work eligibility. Appreciate your responses.
You are a PR regardless of holding a valid or expired PR card. You can work for any employer in Canada. There is restriction and you should have a SIN card/number that won't expire. Employers seldom/never ask for PR card... They only need your valid SIN.

Adoragreen

Feb 11, 2023
I am submitting the online PR Renewal application, but encounter an issue that the system is not allow me to upload the Front photo and it's grey on Add/Edit button, does anyone is facing the same problem like me?
Any help is very much appreciated.

brarsairi

Jan 10, 2019
PUNJAB
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
13-10-2018
There's big time ambiguity in IRCC processing updates. Received card in 13 days with almost 70 in-out entries.
My Timeline for PR card renewal, applied on August 02, 2024:
Aug 02: Application submitted
Aug 09: Processing done
Aug 12: Sent to Canada post for shipping
Aug 16: Received in mail
Note:
1. There was no update on portal other than submitted status
2. Called IRCC customer care at 18882422100, on Aug 15th, rep. initially said "They are still processing applications received on first week of July, so I have to wait". But, upon checking my specific details with previous PR card no. she told me all above mentioned details and I shall be receiving my PR card in mail soon." The next day I received it.

Best wishes to everyone to get processed like my application.

dsr83510

May 27, 2024
There's big time ambiguity in IRCC processing updates. Received card in 13 days with almost 70 in-out entries.
My Timeline for PR card renewal, applied on August 02, 2024:
Aug 02: Application submitted
Aug 09: Processing done
Aug 12: Sent to Canada post for shipping
Aug 16: Received in mail
Note:
1. There was no update on portal other than submitted status
2. Called IRCC customer care at 18882422100, on Aug 15th, rep. initially said "They are still processing applications received on first week of July, so I have to wait". But, upon checking my specific details with previous PR card no. she told me all above mentioned details and I shall be receiving my PR card in mail soon." The next day I received it.

Best wishes to everyone to get processed like my application.
Please let me know how you were able to get through the phone lines without an application ID (the PR card portal doesn't provide any application id of any sorts). That would be super helpful, Thanks.

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
You are right. Though my son and wife cards were issued, I was not able to link their new renewal card application using IRCC account.
What I discovered was that I could see their previous card application status shows - "invalid" once the card was issued, while mine still shows as valid.
As you kindly shared your application status, your IRCC account shows - previous card invalid "one day after they mailed you".
Although we cannot link our new application on IRCC account, we could expect the card should be delivered soon if only your previous card status changed to "invalid"
That indirectly indicating us that you will soon receive the renewed card soon in your mail box.

So, as long as your previous card status shows valid, you do not need to go to mail box to check your new renewal card. That is what I could only discovered to expect when my card should be issued and delivered. Hope this information is helpful for people who is waiting for their card in their mail box. I will keep you posted if I receive mine then.

Checked my IRCC account, old PR card status has been changed to "Your document is invalid" on August 14th. However, please note, I was not able to link my renewal application to GCKey.

Its better to check that for a status update rather than relying on inspect method.

iiindian

Oct 23, 2023
I applied for PR renewal on 18th Aug via IRCC portal and status on that portal showing submitted .
Two Questions which need help ( if anyone experienced the same )

Q1 : i am login back today on the same portal- it showing Status as "Submitted" and View option is disabled .

Q2 : its already 4 days passed and i am checking PR application status with my UCI code, its showing nothing ( no status ) , is it expected ?

how and when can we check the status ?

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
how and when can we check the status ?
My wife applied online for her new card on July 26 and received it in the mail Aug 10. We found the online portal to be glitchy and were constantly frustrated when trying to check the status of the application. In the end it didn't matter since she received he new card with such fast service.

Reactions: YVR123