+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

rblc

Mar 14, 2018
Sharing my timeline in case it helps anyone. Similar to others, I received my card in record time as well.

Application submitted : 16 August (Pr portal still shows submitted)
Inspect tool showed status as completed on 22 August. With rejectionReasonEn as "Other" and rejectionDetails as "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality) – please review Guide IMM5445.
Could not link my Pr renewal application to GCkey but Document Status of older, 1st PR card application (which I received when I first came to Canada 5 years back) changed to "Your document is invalid. " on 27 August.
Today (30 August) : received card in mail.

I was concerned about the photo as it was a digital photo and wasn't sure what to submit for the back side. So i just scanned the receipt from the photo store along with required details such as name and DOB etc which I had hand written on a piece of paper. Ultimately, it seems it got accepted in spite of the inspect tool warning.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
I applied on August 14 and it says submitted on both online pr portal and gc account.
How to check on gc account? Is there any application number that we can use? I am also not able to check on the inspect tool.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
People are getting the renewed cards after applying in August and mine is still showing submitted from July 8th.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
I tried linking in the GIC account and it says no application found. It is for a PR card renewal for my legal name change as I have added my surname.

nathaly.cely

Jun 22, 2018
My PR Card is expiring in Oct 24 , i met the Days requirements and submitted the application and its in process ( new card not received yet) .
i have some urgent work and going to US ( have valid visitor visa ) for a week in Sept and back by 20th Sept .
need expert advise ,

Q1 : am I eligible to travel with Old PR card ? ( which is going to expire Oct'24)
Q2 : My PR card is expiring on OCT'24 ,means its expiring 1st Oct or 31st Oct ?
It expires on the date showing on your card, my dad for example is Nov 6, 2024, it says "06 Nov / Nov 24"

nathaly.cely

Jun 22, 2018
Hello everyone. I am NOT a very computer/phone kind of person as only had a cell phone for less than 2 yrs.Please don't judge me I am 64 yrs, and applied for my renewal PR Card by mail and was delivered in Nova Scotia on June 17th 2024. I received a e-mail from IRRC(?) saying they received my application that date, but the email 11days later. I can't link anything to my UCI # or previous # on the back of my PR Card. I tried calling the # in Scarborough, Ontario when I was off work sick weeks ago. I also tried multiple times, different days/,times as I am home just after noon(work schedule). That # is a joke, they just hang up on you.I see multiple people getting their PR Card thru the online portal jn less than than a month. I am a little nervous as I have travel plans that have been booked for months. I just don't know what to do at this point. Ahhh
Try to call IRCC several times. I called first time the machine said they had to many calls to try again. I called like 10 minutes later, and the same. But the third time was the charm, I called 10 minutes later and my called was transferred to the waiting list. I waited like 40 minutes to talk to an agent.

Reactions: Hihen218

Debojit

Aug 30, 2024
Hi,

I applied for a PR card renewal for my wife on July 16th. We are going on a trip (Sept 15th - Oct 22 ) and her PR card expires on 11th October.

Was getting anxious about this whole process so have called the customer center a few times and they said its "under process".While searching online, I came across this forum and learnt about the "inspect tool" to check status.

I see the status on the inspect tool

{
"id": 23,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Incomplete application",
"rejectionReasonFr": "Demande incomplète",
"documentTypeId": null,
"createdAt": "2024-07-22 14:51:51.481296",
"updatedAt": "2024-07-22 14:51:51.481296",
"phaseId": 3,
"rejectionDetails": "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality, smiling/teeth showing, shadows, light glare, head not straight to camera) – please review Guide IMM5445"
}
But also,

{
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
}

I am a bit confused now.. is it rejected and we need to upload a new photo? But the status was updated on 22nd July and we never received any email for this. Also, the status says completed - not sure what to make of it. Did anyone else have a similar issue?

Linuxengineer

Nov 17, 2020
People are getting the renewed cards after applying in August and mine is still showing submitted from July 8th.
pr card renewal applications with name change usually take more time than normal renewal applications. I talked to someone, for them it took approx 80 days to receive the card in mail with new name.

Last edited:
Reactions: saini1987

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
I had posted the technical issue I am facing with my PR card renewal here.

I had submitted a webform and a seperate form as well to complain about it a week ago. Still haven't heard anything back from them.

Can I call them? Their "contact us" page is a maze and I was not able to find any phone number listed there.

Any advice?
Finally I was able to submit my application. Called IRCC as well and they gave me a standard reponse that technical issues have to be reported via the webform (which I had already done 2 weeks ago).

Anyways, the issue was that the text I was typing into the "reason" column was too long. The form itself no where tells you that there is a certain limit to the number of characters. But surely there is. I reduced all my text to few words for all of my "non Canada" days and it worked.

Relieved!

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
pr card renewal applications with name change usually take more time than normal renewal applications. I talked to someone, for them it took approx 80 days to receive the card in mail with new name.
Oh ok, it shows 74 days as processing time. The thing is, when I applied, they rejected it a couple of times for the photo and then for the ID proof. After that when I submitted the correct photo and docs, it shows as submitted. Hopefully will see some updates upcoming month.

whoiami

Sep 2, 2024
Sharing my timeline in case it helps anyone. Similar to others, I received my card in record time as well.

Inspect tool showed status as completed on 22 August. With rejectionReasonEn as "Other" and rejectionDetails as "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality) – please review Guide IMM5445.
Could not link my Pr renewal application to GCkey but Document Status of older, 1st PR card application (which I received when I first came to Canada 5 years back) changed to "Your document is invalid. " on 27 August.

I was concerned about the photo as it was a digital photo and wasn't sure what to submit for the back side. So i just scanned the receipt from the photo store along with required details such as name and DOB etc which I had hand written on a piece of paper. Ultimately, it seems it got accepted in spite of the inspect tool warning.
Is it urgent or not urgent application? Sounds like so fast.

AnahitaGupta

Feb 2, 2024

Hi,
Can you please advise how to use inspect tool?