+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you personally travelled over the border with an expired card? I will probably have to do it again at this rate. It's taking so long. It is costly and very irritating
Yes, not personally (because I'm Canadian citizen), but my passengers used their expired PR cards.

smurfgirl

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Submitted my PR card renewal on 8th June 2024
Received card in mail on 14th August 2024
No way to link it.still shows submitted. No email or anything like that.
Had to request an urgency of my pr card renwal due to wildfire.submitted the request via web form on 6th of August and could see on the card they printed it on the 7th August.
Good luck everyone.

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Submitted my PR card renewal on 8th June 2024
Received card in mail on 14th August 2024
No way to link it.still shows submitted. No email or anything like that.
Had to request an urgency of my pr card renwal due to wildfire.submitted the request via web form on 6th of August and could see on the card they printed it on the 7th August.
Good luck everyone.
Congrats! The wait is finally over

Reactions: smurfgirl

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Called IRCC today and they said they're currently processing photos submitted on the June 20th.
June 24 - Applied (RO - 735 days)
June 28 - Completed (status via inspect). Also rejection reason as "Application not signed and dated". View button greyed out
July 16 - Received an email to submit photos
July 19 - Photos received by IRCC
August 13 - Card mailed

Last edited:
Reactions: smurfgirl

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
June 28 - Completed (status via inspect). Also rejection reason as "Application not signed and dated". View button greyed out
August 13 - Card mailed
Congratulations. I applied on June 25th and waiting for the card

Reactions: EkkoRanga

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello everyone,
I wanted to give a quick update on the status of my application.

Aug 4th - Submitted Online Application (736 days)
Aug 12th - Inspect tool showed the status as Complete.
Aug 15th - Called them today asking for Application Number to link my app to GC Key/IRCC Secure Account and I was told my card was already mailed on Aug 13th.

Hope this helps for people who are waiting for updates on their application. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aman6591

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
Sharing my PR Card renewal status if anyone has a similar situation:

I applied PR renewal on June 7th, 2024, used three different email accounts for myself, my wife and a minor child.
Applied three applications on the same day online, and nothing changed at all on PR application sites - all of them showed submitted.

However, my son received it about 7 days later, June 13th
my wife received it two days after (due to weekend), June 17th
(I applied for them as a family representative)

Ironically, I have not received my card yet. It has been almost 75 days but nothing has changed - in my IRCC account, my current one is still valid which means they did not process my renewal card yet, while my son and wife's previous cards status shows as "no longer valid".

I read that smurfgirl said: - applied on June 8th and card received August 14. So I am worried if I should call them to check my status.

Anyone please share if you have the similar situation like me?

Thanks for the attention and stay cool and safe!

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
August 13 - Card mailed
Checked my IRCC account, old PR card status has been changed to "Your document is invalid" on August 14th. However, please note, I was not able to link my renewal application to GCKey.

Its better to check that for a status update rather than relying on inspect method.

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

Ganbaro

Feb 12, 2021
Red Deer, AB
Category........
FAM
I just want to mention that I submitted a PR card renewal for a friend as she is going through a hard time in her personal life.

August 9th - Applied
August 14th - Inspect Tool says Completed
August 19th - Received card in the mail

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: nrsinquest

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
I am trying to fill up my application for my PR card renewal.
In the section for "5.5 Time Spent Outside Canada", I have 10 entries. I have entered all of them multiple times correctly and am able to "save Table" as well.

But when I click on "Complete and Return to Application", it gives an error: Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later.

Tried it in different browsers. In incognito mode too. Tried Firefox, Chrome.

Same issue.

Raised a technical complaint via webform. I guess it will take many weeks if not months for them to get back to me on this?

What are my options here? (I don't want to do a paper based application).