+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

JasonXS

Sep 9, 2024
Me too. My husband and daughter got theirs within a week or two. I'm past 72 days, can't link my account and can't find my application online. Called CIC, got my application number, and still nothing.
can you link your husband and daughter's applications or find theirs on CAS tool?

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
online or by paper ? at least they should make the application number linkable. it is frustrating! the agent told you that your case is still being processed?
My applications were all online. Mine was sent back for a new photo. Initial application 14 June. Resubmitted 28 June. I've sent a LOT of web forms. No response to those either. Can't link, can't use the lookup tool. When I call, they say they're working on it (the automated message.) I haven't left Canada since we arrived as TFWs in 2012, or since we got PR. So I really don't understand why it's taking so long.

JasonXS

Sep 9, 2024
My applications were all online. Mine was sent back for a new photo. Initial application 14 June. Resubmitted 28 June. I've sent a LOT of web forms. No response to those either. Can't link, can't use the lookup tool. When I call, they say they're working on it (the automated message.) I haven't left Canada since we arrived as TFWs in 2012, or since we got PR. So I really don't understand why it's taking so long.
so wired, I got my application number by calling IRCC, and an agent provided the number, I think you should call them again to get a hold of an agent

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
so wired, I got my application number by calling IRCC, and an agent provided the number, I think you should call them again to get a hold of an agent
I have my application number. Can't link it, and I can't look it up. Just tried with my daughter's UCI, and I can't find hers either, but that might be because there's no application in process for her, since I already have her card.
I just tried to link her account too, and the system couldn't find it using her UCI either. But clearly she has an application, since I got her card!
This is driving me nuts.

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
Applied on June 25th. Was finally able to link the application to my IRCC account last week. Got an update today on the profile saying application was approved on Sep 5th, which is exactly 72 days (processing time). Expecting the PR card in the mailbox soon.

As you had submitted on July 8th, you can expect approval on Sep 18th :)
I'm a few days past 72 days. SO frustrating. I haven't left Canada at all. I MORE than meet the residency obligation. My husband and daughter both got their new cards weeks ago. I even got asked for a new photo, and then just nothing. Can't look it up on the status tool. Can't link it, no matter what I try. Name, UCI, application number. NOTHING works.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm a few days past 72 days. SO frustrating. I haven't left Canada at all. I MORE than meet the residency obligation. My husband and daughter both got their new cards weeks ago. I even got asked for a new photo, and then just nothing. Can't look it up on the status tool. Can't link it, no matter what I try. Name, UCI, application number. NOTHING works.
If they asked you for a new photo, then yours will take longer than applications that didn't need a new photo to be re-assessed.
Did you have to submit new photos for you husband and daughter as well? I don't think tracker works well for PR card renewal applications.

MaHab

Jan 8, 2023
Hi,

What would be the best course of action for a PR card renewal application that has been pending for 109 days without any updates?

I have already submitted a webform, requested and received my GCMS notes, and contacted my MP, but their office was unable to request urgent processing through the Ministerial Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators (MCMPS). If anyone has any further suggestions as to what my MP can do for me, I’m open to reaching out to them again for additional assistance.

Any other ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
If they asked you for a new photo, then yours will take longer than applications that didn't need a new photo to be re-assessed.
Did you have to submit new photos for you husband and daughter as well? I don't think tracker works well for PR card renewal applications.
I was asked for a new photo for my daughter too. She still got hers weeks ago.

yh96

Sep 12, 2024
My timeline:

Submitted as urgent: August 23rd
Got an email about status change - Rejected for poor photo quality: September 3rd
Resubmitted: September 3rd

Used inspect tool to check status and it says 'Completed': September 12th

I guess I wait for it to be mailed now. Will update.

Edit: My PR card expired 5 years ago

Last edited:

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
I just called CIC again to find out what I am supposed to be putting into my CIC account so I can see my updates.

I was using the city I was born in (Cape Town) as the "place of birth," which seemed logical to me.

Turns out they wanted ZAF, which is the country code!

I'm still locked out for trying more than five times yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I will be able to log in once it's available again.

If you're also struggling, calling CIC is a very good idea. NEVER would have guessed that one!

Linuxengineer

Nov 17, 2020
Hi,

What would be the best course of action for a PR card renewal application that has been pending for 109 days without any updates?

I have already submitted a webform, requested and received my GCMS notes, and contacted my MP, but their office was unable to request urgent processing through the Ministerial Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators (MCMPS). If anyone has any further suggestions as to what my MP can do for me, I’m open to reaching out to them again for additional assistance.

Any other ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!
The processing time according to IRCC is 71 days. 109 days is definitely a long time. Did you try calling them ?

JasonXS

Sep 9, 2024
I just called CIC again to find out what I am supposed to be putting into my CIC account so I can see my updates.

I was using the city I was born in (Cape Town) as the "place of birth," which seemed logical to me.

Turns out they wanted ZAF, which is the country code!

I'm still locked out for trying more than five times yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I will be able to log in once it's available again.

If you're also struggling, calling CIC is a very good idea. NEVER would have guessed that one!
When I try to link it, for the place of birth, the system is asking "city/town of birth" and country /territory of birth" I don't think country code should be putting in on city of birth. anyways let us know country code works or not