+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
It is a hack that does not provide useful information. Do not bother trying to research it.
The application status button doesn't seem to be any better. I called IRCC and asked them if it was normal that the status does not even show as submitted, and the answer the agent gave me was, "I don't have an answer for this question."

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The application status button doesn't seem to be any better. I called IRCC and asked them if it was normal that the status does not even show as submitted, and the answer the agent gave me was, "I don't have an answer for this question."
I'd wait. Their computer system runs on pneumatic tubes and updates take a while.

Reactions: Kiva667

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
June 25: Submitted application through portal
July 2: Inspect tool says completed. Rejection reason : "Photo doesn't meet requirements"

Haven't received any email or notification from IRCC. Portal still says submitted. Called into IRCC on July 14th and they advised its still within application processing time.

Hoping I get the notification to re-submit the photo soon :)

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
My timeline:

July 15: submitted application
July 19: notified via email that I needed to resubmit passport photo because photo did not meet requirements
July 19: resubmitted application with new photo
July 24: I noticed that application changed to Complete (via Inspector tool) but it also says:
rejection reason: Other
rejectionDetails": "The copy of your passport is not legible. Please provide a legible copy."
August 1: received PR card in the mail (from the date on the card, it looks like application was either approved or card was printed July 25).
First of all congratulations! But how? I'm in the same boat except I submitted my application on June 24th, IRCC received photos on 19th July and yet no card.

MahSh

Mar 9, 2024
applied for my 5-year PR card following Minister Delegate’s positive decision regarding A44 report issued while I was a minor in March 2024 allowing me to retain PR status. Applied via online portal on 14th July 2024. Status on inspect shows “completed” as of 19th July 2024. Called IRCC a couple of days ago, they provided me with an app number starting with R instead of XR, indicating commencement of processing and said that my application is in the “initial stages”. No update since. Still can’t locate its status on ECAS or GCkey.

hpham1.ca

Mar 27, 2023
Very close to 730 days. I was at 731, which includes 2 days from 2 leap years (2020 and 2024).

Its already been 4 months. I wish there was a way to contact the Etobicoke VO.
I'm in similar situation. Submitted May 1, 2024 (with 739 days inside Canada). Linked GC Key July 19. So far they asked for more information and consent to access CBSA records.

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
First of all congratulations! But how? I'm in the same boat except I submitted my application on June 24th, IRCC received photos on 19th July and yet no card.
Called IRCC today and they said they're currently processing photos submitted on the June 20th.

Last edited:

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
June 25: Submitted application through portal
July 2: Inspect tool says completed. Rejection reason : "Photo doesn't meet requirements"

Haven't received any email or notification from IRCC. Portal still says submitted. Called into IRCC on July 14th and they advised its still within application processing time.

Hoping I get the notification to re-submit the photo soon :)
@vrahulan Did you receive your PR card?

smurfgirl

Star Member
May 21, 2021
HI everyone,
I submitted my application renewal due to name change on June 8th.2024 still no update ?
Any leads ?
I have to leave beginning of September the country and have flights back in the end of September.. I am worried I won't get it.. but how come some people get there renewals within days or weeks and others not...

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
HI everyone,
I submitted my application renewal due to name change on June 8th.2024 still no update ?
Any leads ?
I have to leave beginning of September the country and have flights back in the end of September.. I am worried I won't get it.. but how come some people get there renewals within days or weeks and others not...
If that's the case, you may need to apply for PRTD

ec1

Aug 6, 2024
Hi,
Does this inspect status mean my application has been reviewed and verified successfully and moving ahead to be issued a renewed PR card?

[
{
"id": 1234567,
"applicationName": null,
"givenName": "XYZ",
"surname": "ABC",
"emailAddress": "abcxyz@xyzl.com",
"createdAt": "2024-07-28 01:12:15.121389",
"updatedAt": "2024-07-30 10:12:12.123456",
"caseStatusId": 20,
"lobId": 29,
"phaseId": 3,