+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Very close to 730 days. I was at 731, which includes 2 days from 2 leap years (2020 and 2024).

Its already been 4 months. I wish there was a way to contact the Etobicoke VO.
Then it is not surprising and not sure anything can be done other than wait. If there is extensive travel, then they will go through each entry exit thoroughly and it can be time consuming.

Reactions: YVR123

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Then it is not surprising and not sure anything can be done other than wait. If there is extensive travel, then they will go through each entry exit thoroughly and it can be time consuming.
But I applied for my wife on the same day and she got the card almost a month ago. Our travel dates were identical. Just 2-3 days of difference.

rhsn

Jul 10, 2024
Do you tell me what's the status showing in your gckey right now
Because ny gckey showing status decision made and ircc agent said your application is approved
It says application is approved. Under document status it says "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive".

Reactions: Kamagg

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Recieved a mail from IRCC to resend photos along with the letter they sent
Photos were received by IRCC on July 19th. I called IRCC yesterday and they said it might go well over normal processing times because the photos had to be re-submitted. Anybody know how long would it take for the card to arrive? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Photos were received by IRCC on July 19th. I called IRCC yesterday and they said it might go well over normal processing times because the photos had to be re-submitted. Anybody know how long would it take for the card to arrive? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I checked my old PR Card dates since my photo was rejected too. What i see is that the difference between card printed date and the photo rejection date is 15 days. I might have sent overnight or two day. So assume it was 13 days after receiving the new photo, that they printed PR card. This is the the printing time, doesnt include shipping. So hopefully yours is printed within 2 weeks. When i had called for the current pr card , they had mentioned that photo is checked towards the end when the printing is about to be done. Kind of makes sense. But lets hope you get it soon

Last edited:
Reactions: EkkoRanga

Mand006

Jul 31, 2024
Hi, my wife applied online for her PR card renewal on May 27 and since then the status is submitted on the PR portal page and there has not been any update.
Today, I checked the inspect tool and it shows 'Completed' status and also rejected reason 'Your Use of Rep form is incomplete (missing information, client signature required, rep signature required)'. While she has not filled and submitted the Rep Usage Form at all.
last update was on Jun 6th.
Does anyone have a similar experience, any ideas on what to do?
Another question: Can I call IRCC on her behalf? Because she cannot speak and understand on the phone well.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, my wife applied online for her PR card renewal on May 27 and since then the status is submitted on the PR portal page and there has not been any update.
Today, I checked the inspect tool and it shows 'Completed' status and also rejected reason 'Your Use of Rep form is incomplete (missing information, client signature required, rep signature required)'. While she has not filled and submitted the Rep Usage Form at all.
The 'inspect tool' is a hack with unofficial information that is often wrong. If you call the call centre, they're not going to know what info is in the inspect tool hack anyway.

Best advice is wait and see.

But yes, if you want to call on her behalf, you'd need the rep form.

gersonj

May 6, 2016
We applied on July 17 and got the PR card by mail on July 30, 2024.
They didn't send any email. Application status always showed as Submitted

Reactions: armoured

sharky2024

Jul 26, 2024
My timeline:

July 15: submitted application
July 19: notified via email that I needed to resubmit passport photo because photo did not meet requirements
July 19: resubmitted application with new photo
July 24: I noticed that application changed to Complete (via Inspector tool) but it also says:
rejection reason: Other
rejectionDetails": "The copy of your passport is not legible. Please provide a legible copy."
August 1: received PR card in the mail (from the date on the card, it looks like application was either approved or card was printed July 25).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
July 24: I noticed that application changed to Complete (via Inspector tool) but it also says:
rejection reason: Other
rejectionDetails": "The copy of your passport is not legible. Please provide a legible copy."
August 1: received PR card in the mail (from the date on the card, it looks like application was either approved or card was printed July 25).
Thank you for yet another example: use of the inspector tool is a hack and is not reliable. Do not take actions based on the inspection tool. Often the messages don't mean anything (reliable, anyway).

Reactions: CNP

Mand006

Jul 31, 2024
The 'inspect tool' is a hack with unofficial information that is often wrong. If you call the call centre, they're not going to know what info is in the inspect tool hack anyway.

Best advice is wait and see.

But yes, if you want to call on her behalf, you'd need the rep form.
Thank you for the reply!

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
What is the "inspect tool"? A Google
Search provides no clues. I know there is an "application status" button. Is this the same thing?

Also, my wife submitted her PR renewal online a week ago but the application status feature still says: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

Is this delay in updating status normal? Thanks in advance.