+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So Strange. So if inspector says missing document, then its good news and we will get card soon. If it says complete, that means - no idea when card will arrive. Lol
You're using a web-browser feature that is not at all part of anything suggested or supported by IRCC. A 'trick' as many put it here.

And yet you're complaining that it doesn't give you accurate information.

As you so eloquently put it, LOL. I'd add, "WTF".

Frankly I mostly don't even bother looking at posts here about this inspector thing. It's not reliable. Of course not - it's not intended for your use, and for all we know, IRCC doesn't even know this trick exists or ever even tried to make the data it shows reflect reality.

If it turns out sometimes it's accurate, for all we know that may be by accident/coincidence.

Reactions: YVR123 and CNP

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
You're using a web-browser feature that is not at all part of anything suggested or supported by IRCC. A 'trick' as many put it here.

And yet you're complaining that it doesn't give you accurate information.

As you so eloquently put it, LOL. I'd add, "WTF".

Frankly I mostly don't even bother looking at posts here about this inspector thing. It's not reliable. Of course not - it's not intended for your use, and for all we know, IRCC doesn't even know this trick exists or ever even tried to make the data it shows reflect reality.

If it turns out sometimes it's accurate, for all we know that may be by accident/coincidence.
I am more amused than complaining. This inspector thing worked very well for Indian passport . It may or may not work in this case.. People looking for answers will try these ideas for self assurance or try to find any clues. Thats the fun, people experiment and find out. So for some its lol, and for some its wtf. To each his own

Reactions: armoured

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi, i submitted Pr renewal application on feb 1 via online. Still, i did not receive any confirmation email and view button on online still greyed out. Please advise if someone is on same timeline and submitted online application. Any update?
Hi,

I am in the same boat and submitted early this week. Did you ever receive the confirmation email or just directly the AOR and the updated card?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,

I am in the same boat and submitted early this week. Did you ever receive the confirmation email or just directly the AOR and the updated card?
Based on what i hear, there is no AOR. You link the pr card application and see status. But i have not been able to link. I called IRCC and they asked me to submit ticket. I will wait for a while before i do it. The agent said it is in progress and everything looks in order. So wait for a month or so and then try to link your application. If you cant, then call them. I applied first week of June, so i am hoping i get it in next 3 weeks. I waited 6 weeks after application to call them as i was unable to link and see status. Dont think most people see an update before a month, so it might not serve any purpose calling too early.

Last edited:

notthatguy

Jun 3, 2024
I submitted the renewal application on April 30th and since then the status is is submitted on the main application page and there has not been any update.
I checked the inspect tool and it shows rejected reason that front photo could not be opened due to a technical error but I have received no emails/update on the application as to what I should be doing next, it also shows the status as completed there.
The last update on the inspect tool is May 9th.

I have raised a webform query, however, there's no UCI or application number that I could provide. It's been 72 days and no update, anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Edit: The expiry of my current card is in October, wondering is that has played a part in the delay in processing.
Just wanted to update this message in case anyone finds it useful/

Application submitted: Apr 30th 2024

Checked inspect tool which showed rejected reason as front photo does not open due to technical issues and shows last updated as May 9th 2024
No email or communication of application received or if there's any issue with the photo that I need to resubmit.
I never got a response on the webform query.

Called IRCC on Jul 17th 2024, they said PR card is emailed

Received PR card in mail : Jul 18th 2024

My application took quite a long time compared to some folks on this thread, almost to the date of expected waiting time (75 days). It could also be that my card expiry was still a few months aways so they kept it at a low priority (just a guess).
The application status/inspect tool never changed and still says submitted and rejected reason on inspect.

What I learned is, the online portal and the inspect tool are highly unreliable. Wait for the processing time and call IRCC to verify (they don't entertain any request if application is within expected processing time).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The application status/inspect tool never changed and still says submitted and rejected reason on inspect.

What I learned is, the online portal and the inspect tool are highly unreliable. Wait for the processing time and call IRCC to verify (they don't entertain any request if application is within expected processing time).
Am I correct that your application status in the online portal read submitted?

Because if so, what I learned from your experience is that the online portal might be weeks and months behind, i.e. info out of date, but did not tell you any information that was out-and-out wrong. (It was correct when the status was put up). This info may have made you anxious because it was out of date but didn't outright mislead you - you could have simply waited.

Whereas the info from the browser inspect tool 'trick' was simply incorrect - your photo was not actually rejected and neither was the app. The info you got this way actually led you to worry far more, and undertake unnecessary and indeed counterproductive steps that used up IRCC resources, also for no reason.

Conclusion is clear: the browser inspect tool trick should not be used. If you want to, you could roll some dice or consult a magic 8-ball and get just as useful info, but at least you'd probably not take that seriously.

What strke that - the magic 8 ball says "don't count on it."
https://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pptreo

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • Haha
Reactions: armoured and pptreo

pptreo

May 6, 2024
How is everyone doing today? I reached the threshold of waiting for PR card renewal of 75 days. (Applied May 8th Urgent Online) I am outside Canada and decided NOT to do a PRTD card to return. I will drive across the border in a private vehicle with my expired PR card this week....I hope others are starting to hear back. What do you think the chances are that the PR card will show up when I arrive home? I spoke with my Lawyer this week and he said it is a waiting game for most people.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is everyone doing today? I reached the threshold of waiting for PR card renewal of 75 days. (Applied May 8th Urgent Online) I am outside Canada and decided NOT to do a PRTD card to return. I will drive across the border in a private vehicle with my expired PR card this week....I hope others are starting to hear back. What do you think the chances are that the PR card will show up when I arrive home? I spoke with my Lawyer this week and he said it is a waiting game for most people.
It's impossible for anyone to answer your question. The good news is that you will be allowed to enter with your expired PR Card.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Doing well. Hope you are doing good too. Just enjoy your drive and forget about PR. Good thing is that you dont need a PRTD , another wait. HOpefully your card arrives very soon. Wouldnt be surprised if it comes when you are traveling or right after you return

pptreo

May 6, 2024
Doing well. Hope you are doing good too. Just enjoy your drive and forget about PR. Good thing is that you dont need a PRTD , another wait. HOpefully your card arrives very soon. Wouldnt be surprised if it comes when you are traveling or right after you return
Thank you for the encouragement and kind words @maverick1982. This is a lot about havivg faith and letting go. They just shut the highway down this morning too so our drive will look a little different as well. I'm looking forward to getting home it's been a few weeks. Grateful for this forum to maintain a level of sanity of immigration craziness. Re-entering Friday!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you for the encouragement and kind words @maverick1982. This is a lot about havivg faith and letting go. They just shut the highway down this morning too so our drive will look a little different as well. I'm looking forward to getting home it's been a few weeks. Grateful for this forum to maintain a level of sanity of immigration craziness. Re-entering Friday!
You are welcome. Thank You for your kind response. Thats what we are here for. Encourage and console each other. Istnt it crazy, how everything becomes slow and there are obstacles all at once? Then all of a sudden everything is resolved. Happened so many times to me too. When the highways are stuck, i sometimes take local roads and countryside route. ITs good for a change. But long drives on slower country roads can become tiring too

rhsn

Jul 10, 2024
Anyone come across the status?

Final decision - Month date, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Aman6591

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
Anyone come across the status?

Final decision - Month date, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same status showing our side
My fiance PR Card renewal application submitted January 10
Now there is no response
We are so much trouble ‍