+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

rhsn

Jul 10, 2024
Same status showing our side
My fiance PR Card renewal application submitted January 10
Now there is no response
We are so much trouble ‍
Oh dear. How long has it been on that status? I just got that update today.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Just received my PR card today. I had applied on June 4th. My card had expired a few months ago. Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. All the very best to those who are waiting. Hope you get it soon. I was not able to link the pr card application and didn't bother to submit ircc ticket since I was within processing time

Reactions: YVR123

EkkoRanga

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Just received my PR card today. I had applied on June 4th. My card had expired a few months ago. Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. All the very best to those who are waiting. Hope you get it soon. I was not able to link the pr card application and didn't bother to submit ircc ticket since I was within processing time
Congrats!

anshul_prusty

Apr 18, 2017
Dear All,

I know and I agree that the “inspect tool” is not something provided by IRCC and we are not supposed to reach any information that are not officialy provided by the authorities.

However, just like anyone, I am also curious and trying to get as much insights as possible. I have checked the tool and saw the status “Completed” on my application. There is no rejection reason or something. However, I have submitted my application on the 15th of July, so it’s pretty new. Although the inspect tool is NOT a valid source, could we still think that it is a good sign? Or would you think it is a complete nonsense?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Dear All,

I know and I agree that the “inspect tool” is not something provided by IRCC and we are not supposed to reach any information that are not officialy provided by the authorities.

However, just like anyone, I am also curious and trying to get as much insights as possible. I have checked the tool and saw the status “Completed” on my application. There is no rejection reason or something. However, I have submitted my application on the 15th of July, so it’s pretty new. Although the inspect tool is NOT a valid source, could we still think that it is a good sign? Or would you think it is a complete nonsense?
I applied on June 4 and the inspector tool said completed since June 12. No change. I received my Card two days back. So i dont think the inspector has any relation to actual status. The only way to check accurate status is to add it to the cic portal or call IRCC. But IRCC rarely gives more details other than its in process. They might tell if photo is rejected or something missing. I was not able to link new pr card to the cic portal and just thought of waiting. Many are not able to link. When i called IRCC , agent asked me to submit webform. If you are not able to, try to use camel case for place of birth, use different combination. Like Town, State or Town State or just Town. I think place of issue of passport sometimes creates a headache if it is two words

Reactions: anshul_prusty

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Although the inspect tool is NOT a valid source, could we still think that it is a good sign? Or would you think it is a complete nonsense?
So you agree it's not a valid source, but maybe if it gives positive news, then is it okay?

This is called biased sampling - you're looking for info that confirms what you want to believe.

It's a stopped watch: it may be right from time to time (at least twice a day!). That doesn't make it a reliable source.

anshul_prusty

Apr 18, 2017
So you agree it's not a valid source, but maybe if it gives positive news, then is it okay?

This is called biased sampling - you're looking for info that confirms what you want to believe.

It's a stopped watch: it may be right from time to time (at least twice a day!). That doesn't make it a reliable source.
It seems like for most of the ones waiting for a PR Card, this inspect tool became like a fortune telling tool.

Correct, statistically speaking I am doing some non-probability sampling where I only focus on the previous comments of the people who received their PR Cards after seeing this “Completed” sign.

Anyway, I’ll keep waiting and see.

Reactions: armoured

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Almost 7 month complete
There is no update.
Very stressful situations
Sorry to hear about that. YOu may have replied before. But did you have extensive travel or barely completed the residency requirements? Wondering what could be holding your application so long.

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
Sorry to hear about that. YOu may have replied before. But did you have extensive travel or barely completed the residency requirements? Wondering what could be holding your application so long.
[/QUOTE
Residency requirements all good
So many time called ircc
We ask ircc members any documents required
Ircc agent said all good
But don't know why my application stuck around 7 month ago

float

Jan 23, 2015
My case is also very troublesome. PR Card renew application submitted online end of March, but the IRCC only shows "submit" for 4 months. Trying to link to GCKey account, but it shows no application to be found. Someone in this forum mentioned a PR card arrived after 5 months. This is absolutely not 75 days processing time as advertised on the IRCC website. Should it be as long as it is not returned it means there is hope? Or my application has already been lost? IRCC should say "received" or "pending for review" instead of "submit". Submit is the action client takes, but the government can always say they didn't receive it. Maybe this is a word game.

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
My case is also very troublesome. PR Card renew application submitted online end of March, but the IRCC only shows "submit" for 4 months. Trying to link to GCKey account, but it shows no application to be found. Someone in this forum mentioned a PR card arrived after 5 months. This is absolutely not 75 days processing time as advertised on the IRCC website. Should it be as long as it is not returned it means there is hope? Or my application has already been lost? IRCC should say "received" or "pending for review" instead of "submit". Submit is the action client takes, but the government can always say they didn't receive it. Maybe this is a word game.
Almost same status is our side

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Got it. Sometimes if name matches someone with a record, it may go through additional security check. They will likely not disclose this if you call. I might be wrong, but assuming they do atleast some background check during pr card renewal

Last edited: