+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

HarryHH

Jul 10, 2024
Sure, i will try to call them. I have no idea but im inclined to think you are right. They checked for completeness when it shows complete. But the tracker account is not enabled so its not even in system. They will always say its in process so not sure what to think. Do they issue AOR for PR card? I
Follow the tips when calling IRCC. You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach. That worked for me at 8am.

In the gckey account, the PR card applications that I linked were from 5 years ago. Even with the application numbers they gave me over the phone, it could not link the new application in gckey.

Apparently they don't issue AOR for online applications. They do that for paper-based applications.

HarryHH

Jul 10, 2024
Hi All - Came home to a surprise in the mail. Sharing my application story below.

• Application: Submitted a non-urgent application online on February 23rd, current card expiring in Nov 2024.
  • Supporting Documents: Provided the last two years' NOAs and submitted bank statements for a randomly selected month from each of the two years, matching the NOAs.
  • Background: Had extensive travel during the eligibility period, including multiple day trips to the US. Did not include day trips but disclosed any trips lasting longer than a day.
Received the new card in the mail today, April 22nd. No updates on the online portal, unable to link via GC Key, or view status on CAS. Called once to obtain the application number but unable to link it or view status using it till date. Happy to answer if there are any questions. Good luck to those who are waiting.
Hello, thanks for sharing.

When was your card issued? Curious to learn how long in between the complete day in the inspection tool and the card issue date. I submitted mine online on May 18, inspection tool shows complete on May 24. But card has not yet arrived.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Follow the tips when calling IRCC. You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach. That worked for me at 8am.

In the gckey account, the PR card applications that I linked were from 5 years ago. Even with the application numbers they gave me over the phone, it could not link the new application in gckey.

Apparently they don't issue AOR for online applications. They do that for paper-based applications.
Tried a few times. Unable to transfer to agent. Will try to wake up and call in morning. Thanks

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Called regarding my application submitted on May 24th. The agent said it's within 75 days application time, so just wait more.
You have applied for PR and citizenship? If so, your case is similar to mine. I applied for PR renewal on June 04 and Citizenship on June 16th. Havent been able to link the pr card application on cic portal

Last edited:

Elivy

Feb 18, 2021
Montreal
You have applied for PR and citizenship? If so, your case is similar to mine. I applied for PR renewal on June 14 and Citizenship on June 16th. Havent been able to link the pr card application on cic portal
Same - it found only my original PR card request back 3 years ago

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Same - it found only my original PR card request back 3 years ago
Thanks. My thinking is that it doesn't get into the tracking system until they seriously work on it. After they pick up the file it likely takes 10 days or so to approve. Let's wait and see. The processing time was 60 days a while back now increased to 75.

Last edited:

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
Anyone can help me what should we do
My fiance PR Card renewal application submitted till January 10 2024
And now no have any update regarding pr card renewal
Status showing descion made
Almost 7 month passed away
We are very trouble
Please reply what should we do now

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
Hello, Have you received any update.

My Husband's PR card renewal application submitted on Feb.22,2024 and in GcKey its also showing Final decision : May09, 2024 In Progress. Please reply
Have you received any update now ? Please reply

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
I have Submitted my Wife's PR Card renewal online on 2nd March 2024, the application status in portal still shows submitted. I sent a webform query and got the application number but i am unable to link it to GCKEY Portal nor i can track in Application Status check portal.
Does this mean that the processing hasnt yet started? My wifes PR expiry is on end of July 2024. Its been more than 2 months now and i am bit worried as to why its taking so long to process and havent been able to get proper answers through web form as well.
Is anyone else who has submitted during this timeline and waiting for PR card? Is there any other way to expadite the process?
Do you have received any confirmation regarding pr card

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
It seems some people are seeing no updates for months. Some one had mentioned that they applied for PR and citizenship and they worked on citizenship quickly before the PR. Wonder how many are not seeing an update due to this reason.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018

I was able to reach them. The agent said my application is in process and so far everything is in order. i asked if photos are ok. The agent said it is at the ending stages that they check it, when ready to print. I tried to link the application while on the phone, but couldnt(they provided app number). The agent said they will send instructions to submit a webform. So the application is being processed but there is an issue with linking it.

Last edited:

notthatguy

Jun 3, 2024
I submitted the renewal application on April 30th and since then the status is is submitted on the main application page and there has not been any update.
I checked the inspect tool and it shows rejected reason that front photo could not be opened due to a technical error but I have received no emails/update on the application as to what I should be doing next, it also shows the status as completed there.
The last update on the inspect tool is May 9th.

I have raised a webform query, however, there's no UCI or application number that I could provide. It's been 72 days and no update, anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Edit: The expiry of my current card is in October, wondering is that has played a part in the delay in processing.