Dancu said:
Application to sponsor my mother sent in Apr. 2008
Documents requested by Mississauga in Nov. 2011
Sponsorship approved in Jan. 2012 and PR file sent to CPP-O
Medical requested and done in Feb. 2012
Medicals received in Mar. 2012
"In process" since Apr. 2012
"Decision Made" in Aug. 2012

We never asked for Seattle Consulate as the LVO - we wrote in the application that, if necessary, the file could be sent to our home country, Romania. So, maybe more people receive requests to send passports to Seattle if the CIC is informed that the parent is presently visiting Canada (as we let them know).
Hi, do you know what would be the reason why they ask to send passports to the Canadian Consulate in the US of people from the Europe?
Thank you.

Sep 25, 2012
Today the status changed to "Decision Made". Now I can breath again:).

I Wish everyone all the best! I will post again when they receive their passports and visas.

Sep 25, 2012
here are my time lines -

1. Applied for sponsorship at CPC Mississauga - August 2007
2. Sponsorship Approved and file transferred to Delhi - Jan 2010
3. Request to parents by CIC delhi to submit forms - Feb 2010
4. Forms submitted by parents alongwith PCC - Mar 2010
5. Online status - "We have received your application for Permanent Residence" - Mar 2010
6. Medicals and passports requested with new PCC, RPRF and original academic certificates for my mother(i wonder why). - Dec 2011
7. Medicals done and all papers sent alongwith passports to CIC - Jan 2012
8. Online status - "We have recieved your application for Permanent Residence. Medicals results have been received" - Mar 2012
9. Ordered CAIPS notes. Results read "Medicals passed. Initial review in progress. Criminal checks not started." - Aug 2012
10. Online status changed to "We started processing your application on Sep 4 2012. Medicals have been received." ;D

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
user828 said:
I don't think anyone's from India has been asked to send PP to Seattle ( if currently living in India ), I doubt they will but it could be different if they are visiting Canada
The above warning was not just for parents living in India. It also applies to parents who are here in Canada on a visit. One cannot mail an Indian passport to a country where they are not 'residing'

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath said:
The above warning was not just for parents living in India. It also applies to parents who are here in Canada on a visit. One cannot mail an Indian passport to a country where they are not 'residing'
We certianly cannot mail passports to and from India. However, if parents are in Canada they can mail passports to USA, because Canada and USA do not have problems with that. If Indian Embassy later on raises concerns, we can tell them that we went in-person to USA for stamping. A lot or people on work-permit in Canada have got stamping done from USA.

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
Under the categories Sponsored Person, Sponsorship Application Status, Permanent Residence Application Status there used to be 2 lines, today it changed to one, did this every happened to anyone, any suggestions as to what this means, several months ago it was one line and changed to two now it changed back to one line... ?? tired of this long wait.

seang

Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2009
Doc's Request.
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
File Transfer...
02-10-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
29-10-2012
taking4eva said:
Under the categories Sponsored Person, Sponsorship Application Status, Permanent Residence Application Status there used to be 2 lines, today it changed to one, did this every happened to anyone, any suggestions as to what this means, several months ago it was one line and changed to two now it changed back to one line... ?? tired of this long wait.
I can't tell you what it means, but this morning my status has completely disappeared , where there used to be my address, and application status there is now just this:

XXXX XXXXXXX

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Unfortunately there is nothing to click on!

Maybe they are doing a mass update and we will all be getting good news later today..

kltt

Mar 14, 2012
Today's Ecas update for my parents application:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 25, 2012.
We started processing your application on May 30, 2012.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

LVO called on Thursday for them to pickup PP on Monday..

Still waiting on my wife parents, latest ecas status is medical received.

Both applications are at LVO Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.

Hope we all hear more good news soon...

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
rajmalhotra7 said:
However, if parents are in Canada they can mail passports to USA, because Canada and USA do not have problems with that.
I doubt there are any exceptions to that. Its not the question of US/Canada. Technically, the passport is the property of India.

rajmalhotra7 said:
If Indian Embassy later on raises concerns, we can tell them that we went in-person to USA for stamping. A lot or people on work-permit in Canada have got stamping done from USA.
A lot of people do mail it and their work gets done without any issues. But in future this may cause some issues. People who recently applied for OCI found out the hard way that when a foreign citizenship was acquired, they have to cancel the Indian passport. If they failed to do it, they had to pay hefty fines. Similarly, people who had their passports mailed to another country faced problems when they had to renew a passport as the embassy staff questioned the passport holder as to how they got the canadian visa stamped in US when they do not have a us visa.

Once again, this is just a caution. Its not that the sky would fall upon us. Just forewarned is forearmed.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath said:
I doubt there are any exceptions to that. Its not the question of US/Canada. Technically, the passport is the property of India.

A lot of people do mail it and their work gets done without any issues. But in future this may cause some issues. People who recently applied for OCI found out the hard way that when a foreign citizenship was acquired, they have to cancel the Indian passport. If they failed to do it, they had to pay hefty fines. Similarly, people who had their passports mailed to another country faced problems when they had to renew a passport as the embassy staff questioned the passport holder as to how they got the canadian visa stamped in US when they do not have a us visa.

Once again, this is just a caution. Its not that the sky would fall upon us. Just forewarned is forearmed.
If you go by law, then yes... but it works for hundreds of people..

OCI is a separate issue.... after acquiring Canadian Citizenship... It has nothing to do with mailing of Indian Passports.

I think that there are slim chances that Indian Consulate will ask how you got Canadian visa from USA when you don't have US visa. Even if they ask, we can answer that we sent passport with an authorized person to USA. You got to be smart with that... I haven't heard that Indian consulate giving hard time to someone on those questions... even if they ask we can answer smartly.... On visa, there is nowhere mentioned that passport was received at consulate by mail or in-person... so I do not see any issues with that... That is my viewpoint...

You may perceive it to be of a severe concern... but I think it is a light issue....

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My home country (Russia) is very strict in terms of mailing out passport or ANY ID document outside the country. We have absolutely no way to mail out a passport, birth certificate etc. So hopefully, Ottawa will get info from those whose parents are visiting here and send request for PPT to Seattle.
When we were gathering documents, RUssian notary public would not certify a copy of my mom's birth certificate because all stamps were faded (of course they would...it is an original cert and my mom is 65 y.o.). So we decided that she DHLs it to Canada and I will make a copy and certify it here. But! She COULD NOT send an original birth certificate from RUssia: she tried all possible courriers and postal services. In the end she had to travel to another country and DHL it from there :eek: A canadian lawyer certifited a copy with no problem, saying that she did not care that stamps were faded.
Details, details...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
rajmalhotra7 said:
If you go by law, then yes... but it works for hundreds of people..

OCI is a separate issue.... after acquiring Canadian Citizenship... It has nothing to do with mailing of Indian Passports.

I think that there are slim chances that Indian Consulate will ask how you got Canadian visa from USA when you don't have US visa. Even if they ask, we can answer that we sent passport with an authorized person to USA. You got to be smart with that... I haven't heard that Indian consulate giving hard time to someone on those questions... even if they ask we can answer smartly.... On visa, there is nowhere mentioned that passport was received at consulate by mail or in-person... so I do not see any issues with that... That is my viewpoint...

You may perceive it to be of a severe concern... but I think it is a light issue....
Atleast in Canada, you don't have to deal with Indian Consulate as its done by VFS now. Lets wait for the 1st CPP-O - Indian PPR case, we will find out coz so far , none of them have been Indian

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sibnadian said:
My home country (Russia) is very strict in terms of mailing out passport or ANY ID document outside the country.
i think that CIC is asking to send passport to US only those parents who are currently in Canada... if the parent is in the home country - then they will be sending passports to LVO... so it should not be a problem...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shuga said:
i think that CIC is asking to send passport to US only those parents who are currently in Canada... if the parent is in the home country - then they will be sending passports to LVO... so it should not be a problem...
I actually WANT our passport to be sent to Seattle, not to Moscow.

And my point was that hopefully for those parents who are in Canada, CIC will ask passports to be sent to Seattle. We only have one case here whose passport was asked to be sent to Seattle.
An agent over the phone told me that CPP-Ottawa is about 3 months behind in opening their mail/faxes/emails.
Which means that it could well happen that by the time they request passport, they will not know yet that a parent is in Canada.

That is exactly what happened to our medical exam request. I sent them a letter in March saying that my mom did a complete exam for TRV, as well as attached a copy of what kind of exam she did. But they still sent a request for another exam in May. Then, when i started investigating and insisting that she does not do another one (or at least skips an X-Ray), Ottawa informed me that, at the time when they sent a medical request, the DID NOT open my mail from March yet.

That's why I am worried that they will ask to send passport to Moscow, as in our application, visa office is listed as Moscow.

My mom is staying here until at least next August. By then, I hope to get a passport request and I don't want it to be Moscow. Because Canadian Embassy in Moscow will have no chance to mail the passport back to Canada.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Snspring said:
Hi Anik,

thanks for your reply. I feel your frustration :(

My parents had to obtain pcc from 4 different countries and two of them took 3 months to get. I have waited 4 month for the request letter, now that they are getting close to expiration i have no choice I will send them out and prey they do not ask for new ones.
Just wanted to give an update: today I finally received a reply to my email to LVO (regarding my earlier mailed police certificates) and they finally confirmed that they located them and that there is no need to send new ones! Such a good news for me (one less hassle and more than $300 in unnecessary extra costs avoided!)

So, looks like if you have a file number and know your office (lvo or ottawa) it definitely makes sense to mail those certificates and there is a good chance they will be accepted (nothing to lose really)

Now awaiting the mailed medical forms (they did confirm in that same email that I need to wait for the actual forms to arrive - the ones they mailed to my canadian address (hopefully the right address!))