+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dancu said:
Thanks a lot for your information on my question!

Re-reading their instructions for mailing it seems they really prohibit any option other than just regular mail (for Canadian return addresses). So I might just do that since otherwise they may delay the whole process of passport return.
What I understood from the PPR email text you posted, I think the do not want to go to any courier service (DHL, fedex etc.) for mailing the passports. If the xpresspost pre-paid envelope is from US post and the regular mailing is also through US post, then it does not matter if they use xpresspost or regular mail. They will give all mails to US Post for delivery. If it is an xpresspost then they save of postage stamps as well.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I wish I could get Seattle, I am 20 min drive from the border, drop the passport, do shopping and come back
Come to think of it, can you actually go personally and drop the passport or do you have to mail it?

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
user828 said:
I wish I could get Seattle, I am 20 min drive from the border, drop the passport, do shopping and come back
Come to think of it, can you actually go personally and drop the passport or do you have to mail it?
You can't drop it in person

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
What I understood from the PPR email text you posted, I think the do not want to go to any courier service (DHL, fedex etc.) for mailing the passports. If the xpresspost pre-paid envelope is from US post and the regular mailing is also through US post, then it does not matter if they use xpresspost or regular mail. They will give all mails to US Post for delivery. If it is an xpresspost then they save of postage stamps as well.
It makes perfect sense what you're saying.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you can0can and dancu!

Oh, medical is another piece of the puzzle. My mom's medical expires on march 28. Oh my, lots to worry about!

seang

Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2009
Doc's Request.
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
File Transfer...
02-10-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
29-10-2012
Hi

when the request for medicals is sent out, is it by regular mail or email, and are there papers that need to be taken to the DMP for processing. If someone could share a copy of their letter, or at least the relevant parts, that would be great

thanks

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seang said:
Hi

when the request for medicals is sent out, is it by regular mail or email, and are there papers that need to be taken to the DMP for processing.
in case of OTTAWA Pilot, it was an email with forms attached.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Parents who are Indian passport holders and are asked to mail the ppt to Seattle may have to take precaution. There were reports that Indian Embassy staff may create some issues if they come to know if it (when you go to embassy for some work).

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/368776361/sending-indian-passport-outside-the-country-of-residence

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
seang said:
Hi
when the request for medicals is sent out, is it by regular mail or email, and are there papers that need to be taken to the DMP for processing. If someone could share a copy of their letter, or at least the relevant parts, that would be great
thanks
My parents' file is currently at LVO and they just recently send us an email saying that medical forms were mailed to us (and requested PCC). So I assume we have to wait untill we get the actual forms by mail (which may take a while because our mailing address is in canada, not in my parents home country, because we knew my parents will be visiting me in canada for several months at at least)

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
gaggidhillon said:
Hi raju same thing happen in our e-cas till yesterday my mailing address is india.but from today i saw both my home address and mailing address change to canada one dont know if there is any sign of letter but happens today
thanks for reply......on Ecas my address was Canadian from beginning ( I am rep. for my mom's file). I think officer at ND should be reviewing file or they should have started processing file. I will contact MP to get updated status for my file

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
no news.

Haven't heard much news of approvals from cpc-m lately.

How many are still waiting for approval after sending documents to cpc-m?

What is the time between "docs complete" letter and approval of sponsorship, roughly?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
canvis2006 said:
no news.

Haven't heard much news of approvals from cpc-m lately.

How many are still waiting for approval after sending documents to cpc-m?

What is the time between "docs complete" letter and approval of sponsorship, roughly?
FOr me it was a couple of weeks (and it was around easter time so the mail seemed to take longer)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sakamath said:
Parents who are Indian passport holders and are asked to mail the ppt to Seattle may have to take precaution. There were reports that Indian Embassy staff may create some issues if they come to know if it (when you go to embassy for some work).

trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/368776361/sending-indian-passport-outside-the-country-of-residence
I don't think anyone's from India has been asked to send PP to Seattle ( if currently living in India ), I doubt they will but it could be different if they are visiting Canada

Snspring

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO: Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
Anik said:
О my! 4 countries and I am complaining about 1 country PCC only :)

If I were you I 'd send it too (at least if you have your parents' file number). That was my logic back in June - either it expires or there is a chance they accept it :) (still do not know if they did but will let everyone know if I manage to find out)
Do you already have your parents' file number (the one starting with F...)? Idid have the file number so I put it in the cover letter when mailed.
If you do not have file number yet, that may be a bit more complicated (and more chance of them misplacing it or returning it - at least this is what they told me - even though my letter did include the file number :) )

Here is part of their email reply back in June when I tried to inquire if the LVO received my mailed PCCs: "Documents should never be mailed until you receive the file number from the office. If our office did not send you a file number, it would not be possible to match unsolicited mail to a non existent file number."
(From the rest of the email it was obvious that they did not even check any files and just typed up a reply without any checks. Moreover, I did provide the file number in teh email and stated that it was included in the mailed package with the PCCs but looks like they did not even read that carefully - as in their reply they were saying I should not have mailed without file number :) )
Oh well...
Hi Anik,

Thanks for your reply.
I have my parents file number which starts with letter F and I will include it in cover letter as well.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Dancu said:
Hello everyone,

I just received passport request from CPP-Ottawa -- we have to send the passport within 30 days to Seattle Consulate. I've got one question - it refers to their instructions for mailing the passport back to us:

"Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed "Canada Post Photo Mailer" envelope. No postage is necessary,
unless they are US stamps.

The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail)
only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes.
The Consulate is not responsible for any passports lost in the mail.

NOTE: The Visa Office will not return your passport using registered mail, certified mail, return postage coupons.
The Visa Office will not return passports to addresses in the United States or Canada using ANY commercial courier
services (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)"

I'll ask Canada Post what is the Photo mailer envelope and if there is some possibility of a more secure means of mailing still within the received instructions. Does any of you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
I hope all of you will receive soon PR visas for your families!
Congratulations! :) Are you parents in the US or in Canada?