+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Step1 - While creating account on Permanent Residence Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login)- Email should be of Principal Applicatnt (my mom) or Sponser (thats me) ?
It can be yours if you are going to be the representative. Otherwise principal applicant's.
If you are going to be their representative, You will still use the Permanent Residence Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login). Just need to add USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM.

Representative Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login) is only for paid representatives.

Reactions: Amrinder Singh1986

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I have an important question. My parents listed brothers and sisters birthdays and in some cases surnames (family info form) based on memory on past visitor visa applications. Now for the additional family info form we reached out to everyone and the spellings,surnames, and birthdays are different. What should we do?

a) list the same info we previously listed.

b) listed the updated info and provide a LOE saying previously we had estimated things based on memory and now are listing accurate info. We are worried they might say we misrepresented.

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
I have an important question. My parents listed brothers and sisters birthdays and in some cases surnames (family info form) based on memory on past visitor visa applications. Now for the additional family info form we reached out to everyone and the spellings,surnames, and birthdays are different. What should we do?

b) listed the updated info and provide a LOE saying previously we had estimated things based on memory and now are listing accurate info. We are worried they might say we misrepresented.
Keep it same as you did previously. They have all records from previous applications.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Keep it same as you did previously. They have all records from previous applications.
But if we add a letter of explanation saying that they weren’t sure about the dates of birth and surnames and spellings and we are now updating to make the record correct would that be okay or count as misrepresentation?

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Once we submit, what are the next steps. Can some one provide reference to a thread or detail out here.
You just wait for the application number AOR. No one really knows how long it can take. For last year’s draw in oct 2023, people who submitted early are getting file numbers in 3-4 months and even some are getting approved already. Whereas people who applied in 2022 or previous years had to wait longer and most of them are still waiting for the application results.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016

Can someone please shed some light on this issue im extremely worried

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
But if we add a letter of explanation saying that they weren’t sure about the dates of birth and surnames and spellings and we are now updating to make the record correct would that be okay or count as misrepresentation?
I would think that would add a lot of complexity to your application. They aren’t going to ask any further details about their siblings. If not misrepresention it will at least add more time to processing.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I would think that would add a lot of complexity to your application. They aren’t going to ask any further details about their siblings. If not misrepresention it will at least add more time to processing.
The problem is in previous applications they have listed only the years for their siblings. So for example:

sibling A- 1940 but left the day/month blank. How should I re-list this on the additional family info form. Do I just put 1940-01-01 and then add a letter saying dates of birth unknown and best estimate used?

thulasibabu

Jun 13, 2024
Thanks , I understand those. I am not asking about timeline. I would like to know about the sequence of steps like AOR, then biometrics, etc., like these

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Thanks , I understand those. I am not asking about timeline. I would like to know about the sequence of steps like AOR, then biometrics, etc., like these
Based on last years:
Doc request if missed any or more needed
File number
Biometrics/medical/pcc usually asked at the same time within a week or so
passport req if outside Canada and from visa required country or copr portal if inside canada

Reactions: thulasibabu

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Parents - yes
Children - yes if they are under 22 or still financially dependent on you for any other reason

This is what they say about if not enough space in their application guide
"If you need more space for any section, include an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and upload it to your application under the section “Additional supporting documents” and select the document name “Other.”"
Thanks for quick reply

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Morning all
In Aadhar card i don't have issue date what should i list the issue date in the form
i cant get issue date online please advise if i can enter any date and write explanation to CIC

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Morning all
In Aadhar card i don't have issue date what should i list the issue date in the form
i cant get issue date online please advise if i can enter any date and write explanation to CIC
What I remember from previous forums, do not add aadhar card as national identity document. Just answer No. Upload Aadhar card only as an additional proof of relationship between principal applicant and spouse