+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

madi0426

Jun 12, 2024
Hello, I have a situation and read all the posts in the thread but didn't find anything relevant so posting here for any expert advice.
I submitted the request to sponsor in 2020 and my confirmation number is selected and invited to apply this year however I didn't get any invitation email from CIC. I checked online tool on May 31st where they posted all the invited confirmation numbers and my confirmation number shows as invited to apply.

The email address which was used on interest to sponsor form back in 2020 is no longer active - my immigration lawyer had filed that for me and she is retired now so that mail box is not active anymore. I had reached out IRCC last year asking them to update the email address on file and they confirmed back mentioning email address is updated - yet I didn't get invitation letter on the updated email address.

I checked my mail and I don't have anything there too

I called IRCC three times asking if they can send an invitation letter to me on my recent email but agents on the call mentioned they don't have authority do access my file. So I tried to send my enquiry using "Find your lost Confirmation number" web form as advised on IRCC website and due to technical issue on their side, upon submission - form got me error mentioning I am not able to submit my enquiry. I tired that almost for one week and form is still giving me error.

Sorry for the long story here but I have two questions:

1 - Do I really need Invitation letter to apply OR online tool mentioning that I am invited to apply is more than enough and I can just go ahead and file my application - wondering if the application would be rejected as I don't have the invitation letter?
2 - If it is necessary than how do I get invitation letter now OR how do I contact CIC about this?

I am afraid I am losing time to complete my application so really appreciate any guidance here.
Thanks a lot!
Hello, I have the same situation as yours, do you find a solution for that? If the ITA letter is mandatory for submitting the complete application for sponsoring parents?

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Hello, I have the same situation as yours, do you find a solution for that? If the ITA letter is mandatory for submitting the complete application for sponsoring parents?
Fill this form. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/SponsorPGPParrainerPGP/en/Home. If they find that you are invited, they will send you a copy in 10 business days.

If your email address is updated, they give you an option of adding new email address so they will send it to you at your new email address. In the mean time, get everything else ready for your application.

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
I havent been selected for this years lottery program,I submitted the interest to sponsor form back in 2020,couldn't find the confirmation number,therefore used the lost confirmation number tool to submit a request to retrieve that number,cic got back to me today stating that they havent found my confirmation number,I carefully searched my email again today and found that number,it starts with C2,my question is “has CIC lost my confirmation number from their server?” is my number even in the pool to participate in this flawed lottery program?what can I do from my end to fix it?
If you read the email again, you will see that they only find your confirmation number if you are selected for this draw. otherwise, you are not selected if they can't find. That means you are still in the pool

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Hi All, PGP 2024, My father is principal applicant and mother is dependent spouse, as application will be submitted by father for both principal applicant and dependent. DO my mother (dependent) need to sign USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM as application is being submitted by father?
yes. on the last page you see option for both principal applicant and their spouse to sign. so they both need to sign.

UPDATE: Sorry missed the last part, if your father is doing the application (not you or any paid representative), then I dont think you need that form

Last edited:

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Having hard time downloading IMM 1344 E: Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking

Is anyone able to download and post here for me.

Please and thank you.
If you are seeing this message when you try to download "Please wait... if this message is....." you need to click on the download icon on the top right of this page, save it on your pc somewhere and open it using adobe reader

Last edited:

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Morning All,

imm 5768 question# 12 do i need to list my parents whom i m sponsoring and two children? if i need to add one additional row how can i do it ? please let me thanks abhi

Mielly

Sep 19, 2019
Question For the PGP, I received an invite to sponsor my parents but my father was banned and can only enter on 2028 here in Canada.. should I only apply for my mom this PGP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Question For the PGP, I received an invite to sponsor my parents but my father was banned and can only enter on 2028 here in Canada.. should I only apply for my mom this PGP?
Your father must be included and if banned, then mother is not eligible either.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot apply only for your mom. Your father must be included in the application as either an accompanying or non accompanying dependent. To the best of my knowledge, your mother's PR visa cannot be approved while your father is inadmissible to Canada. You can try submitting the application with your father as non accompanying and see what happens. Be prepared for the possibility the application will be refused due to your father's ban.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Lamb2024

Jun 12, 2024
When I filled out the interest to sponsor form in 2020, I only input my mother’s name in the form. Can I apply for both my mom and dad in the PR application even my dad’s name was not on that form? Thank you!

Reactions: inq_54

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
Morning All,

imm 5768 question# 12 do i need to list my parents whom i m sponsoring and two children? if i need to add one additional row how can i do it ? please let me thanks abhi
Parents - yes
Children - yes if they are under 22 or still financially dependent on you for any other reason

This is what they say about if not enough space in their application guide
"If you need more space for any section, include an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and upload it to your application under the section “Additional supporting documents” and select the document name “Other.”"

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
When I filled out the interest to sponsor form in 2020, I only input my mother’s name in the form. Can I apply for both my mom and dad in the PR application even my dad’s name was not on that form? Thank you!
You can include both. Here is what they say on their page. You will need a letter explaining why you are adding them if they were not on the interest form.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1539&top=14

You can apply to sponsor both parents (or both grandparents) under the same confirmation number if you’re invited to apply.

You’re able to sponsor your parents or grandparents based on your invitation to apply, whether or not they’re included on your interest to sponsor form (if you meet the eligibility requirements). You must identify one parent or grandparent as the principal applicant on your application. Once you have submitted the application, you can’t change the principal applicant.

You should also include a letter explaining why you’re sending an application for a parent or grandparent that wasn’t listed on your interest to sponsor form.

It’s important to note that invitations to apply are not transferable. For example, you can’t use your invitation to sponsor your spouse’s parents and grandparents or give it to a friend or other family member. If you transfer your invitation, we’ll return the application. There are no exceptions.

Note: if you’re applying to sponsor parents and grandparents, a separate application is required for your parents and for your grandparents.

Reactions: inq_54

indo.can

Jun 12, 2024
No. She would be also inadmissible. Here is the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions/admissibility.html

In most cases, an applicant will be found inadmissible on the grounds of having an inadmissible family member if that person, whether accompanying or not has been determined to be inadmissible [A42(1)].

An accompanying family member who is inadmissible will make the applicant inadmissible. Even if the family member is non-accompanying, there are circumstances under which the applicant is still inadmissible [R23]. These circumstances include non-accompanying family members who are:

• spouses, except if they are separated (in law or fact)
  • common-law partners
  • dependent children, of whom the applicant or their accompanying family member has custody or the power to act on their behalf
  • dependent grandchildren, of whom the applicant or their accompanying family member has custody or the power to act on their behalf
In order to not be rendered inadmissible by a non-accompanying dependent child, the applicant must satisfy an officer either that they do not have custody or that they do not have the power to act on behalf of the child. This includes situations where another individual has sole legal custody or guardianship of the child. Depending on the circumstances, a court order or written agreement may provide sufficient evidence that the applicant does not have (or never had) custody or legal authority to act on behalf of the child