+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
@shiremag I wrote my mom and dads name in question 12 “every other family member not listed above and dependent on you financially weather living with you or not. We are 3 people me(sponsor) and my mom and dad (being sponsored). So the final number of people the form calculated was 3. But question number 6 also asks that same question but I put 0 in that box. I put (2) in 3A current undertaking. Was it correct to list my mom and dad’s names in question 12? Will my application get rejected or delayed?
In 12, I listed my parents who will be sponsored in the current application... you should be fine. They ask us to re-fill it if there is an issue

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted one set of photos each for my mom and dad front and back. We only needed to give one set right?
Hi! Can i please ask if you hand signed any of the forms? Thank you
They specify on the document checklist which forms need to be signed digitally. If it doesn't specifically say, you should be fine to print them out and hand sign them.

e_ash

Jun 24, 2019
Hello,

Quick question regarding form IMM5406 (family information) - my brother and I are both Canadian citizens. In the form it says to list ALL family members except those who are PR or Citizens. I just want to confirm if I should still add myself and my brother to this form?

MeetS

May 4, 2017
Hello, I received an invitation for PGP 2024, I applied for it in 2020. Now I am in the process of completing application for it, I am inviting my parents and my status in Canada is citizen. I have a question...

For Form 5406 (Additional Family info), should I list myself as a child? I think not because I am a Canadian citizen. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Form says, "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents"

I will be grateful for the response.

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi guys,

Questions about personal history for principal applicant- if retired for the past 10 years do they have to fill out visits to Canada for 6 months or more (visitor extension) or that would have to go under travel history ?
My mom who is a principal applicant stayed in Canada during covid and had her visitor visa extended during that time so I guess that would have to go under personal history since she stayed in Canada over 6 months but all the other 6 months visits would have to go under travel history ?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Also if I don't remember exact dates/months but will not leave any gaps, it should be fine? They don't go into details as checking exact dates?

Thanks! :)
Hi
Did u put your parents visits to Canada in address section as well or just in travel history?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

Quick question regarding form IMM5406 (family information) - my brother and I are both Canadian citizens. In the form it says to list ALL family members except those who are PR or Citizens. I just want to confirm if I should still add myself and my brother to this form?
You need to double check which form does the instruction says it's for.

This is the instruction for IMM5406:
SECTION B
Write the personal details for your children. It is very important that you list all of your children (even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). This includes:
  • married children,
  • adopted children,
  • children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
  • any of your children who have been adopted by others,
  • any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.
You must answer all questions. If any sections do not apply to you, answer “N/A”.

How to complete immigration forms for paper applications - Canada.ca

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks! I submitted yesterday and did the same!
hi there
Did you write your relatives names like your parents siblings and children name in native language or just your parents?
Also in the supporting document section
Whos travel documents,proof of status are they asking PA or sponser?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
hi there
Did you write your relatives names like your parents siblings and children name in native language or just your parents?
Also in the supporting document section
Whos travel documents,proof of status are they asking PA or sponser?
Yes all names in native language if a digital font is available. If digital font is not available, add a letter of explanation and hand write the names in a piece of paper and scan it and attach it as a pdf document in the Additional Document (Others) Section titled "<last name> - <first name> - imm5406e_names_native_lang.pdf"

If name in English + native language is > 64 characters and will not fit in the online form, type and attach a pdf document in the Additional Documents (Others) section titled "<last name> - <first name> - imm5406e_names_native_lang.pdf" for each section in the form. Also, add a letter of explanation stating that you have attached the native language names as an additional document.

Last edited:

Chinnaprem

Mar 28, 2018
Need suggestion, I have filled myself as Sponsor in interest form and gave my in-laws details as applicants, which got selected now ( by mistake not aware that my spouse details should be as sponsor ).
Should i process for my in-laws mentioning that my spouse had mistakenly entered my details instead of hers. Or shoud i process my parents and provide the explanation saying that mistakenly entered my in-laws details instead of my parents

Request your suggestion and opinion please.

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Need suggestion, I have filled myself as Sponsor in interest form and gave my in-laws details as applicants, which got selected now ( by mistake not aware that my spouse details should be as sponsor ).
Should i process for my in-laws mentioning that my spouse had mistakenly entered my details instead of hers. Or shoud i process my parents and provide the explanation saying that mistakenly entered my in-laws details instead of my parents

Request your suggestion and opinion please.

In this case, since you received your invite and you are listed as the sponsor: you can sponsor only your parents with your spouse being your co-signer. You are unable to sponsor your in-laws if you are listed as the sponsor in the interest to sponsor form. The names of the people being sponsored should match the information provided in the interest to sponsor form you filled out in 2020. Generally, if there is a mismatch between the interest to sponsor form and the PGP PR application, your application to sponsor will likely get rejected and following this the application for permanent residence will get denied or withdrawn.

Two options:

1. You can try to add a letter of explanation stating that you mistakenly put your in-laws names and the persons you ACTUALLY intend to sponsor are your parents and try your luck.

2. Or you may contact an immigration lawyer (preferred) or a Registered Immigration consultant (RCIC) to see if they have handled cases where mistakes like these were made in the interest to sponsor form. Also, if you are unsure about what you entered in the interest to sponsor form, you can try calling IRCC to confirm.