+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

MeetS

May 4, 2017
One more question, I have a sister who is 25 years old and is currently on work permit in Canada. When applying for my parents, should she be included as dependent?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
One more question, I have a sister who is 25 years old and is currently on work permit in Canada. When applying for my parents, should she be included as dependent?
No. But mention her in the additional family form of your parents.

Reactions: MeetS

storage

Jul 24, 2024
Hey guys, Im so confused about the PR portal. I am inviting both my parents, however, I am confused if I should register two accounts or just one for the both my parents application. I created an account on PR portal for my dad and currently filling up the forms. Do I need to create an account separately for my mother too or how does it work? Thanks in advance.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hey guys, Im so confused about the PR portal. I am inviting both my parents, however, I am confused if I should register two accounts or just one for the both my parents application. I created an account on PR portal for my dad and currently filling up the forms. Do I need to create an account separately for my mother too or how does it work? Thanks in advance.
One PR portal account if you are parents are married/common-law/not legally separated. One parent will be the primary applicant and the other parent will be a dependant who will be accompanying the primary applicant

• Love
Reactions: storage

storage

Jul 24, 2024
You are very kind! thanks so much for clarifying! they are married so one will be the primary applicant and the other parent will be a dependant who will be accompanying the primary applicant - got it!

gsshergill

Jul 12, 2022
Hello Everybody,
We need urgent help with one of the form for 2024 application, encountering error before uploading imm 1344e form

- Co-signer contact information -
The format you entered in the following field was incorrect:
1: Telephone No (Country Code)
The correct format is:
Must be numeric and must not start with '11'

office use validated section changes to NO once we save it after successful validation. This year we cant print and scan form, signatures are electronic and need to be uploaded after validation.

cps001

Jul 8, 2021
Hi Guys,
I have quick question about my unique situation, I am Canadian Citizen and I was working in USA for the year 2021 , 2022 and most of the year 2023. I have been staying in Canada now since September 2023. My parents received invitation for PGP 2024 and I am in process of filing their application. As I was working in USA for 2021, 2022, and 2023 I didn't file taxes in Canada as I didn't have any Canadian source income. Now for financial evaluation section, how do I go where they ask about Notice of Assessment. If I include my W-2 and US tax return , will that be suffice? Anyone in Similar situation? Please provide your valuable inputs.
Thanks a lot.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I have quick question about my unique situation, I am Canadian Citizen and I was working in USA for the year 2021 , 2022 and most of the year 2023. I have been staying in Canada now since September 2023. My parents received invitation for PGP 2024 and I am in process of filing their application. As I was working in USA for 2021, 2022, and 2023 I didn't file taxes in Canada as I didn't have any Canadian source income. Now for financial evaluation section, how do I go where they ask about Notice of Assessment. If I include my W-2 and US tax return , will that be suffice? Anyone in Similar situation? Please provide your valuable inputs.
Thanks a lot.
Unless you late filing your Canadian tax return (report those incomes in the tax returns) and you physically lived in Canada for the years 2021-2023, otherwise you won't be eligible for being a sponsor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot.
Only NOA is accepted. US tax returns are not considered.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot.
As others have said, unfortunately you are not eligible to sponsor. To be eligible to sponsor, you must have been a Canadian resident for tax purposes and must have filed taxes for 2021, 2022, and 2023. Additionally, you need to continue being a Canadian resident until your application to sponsor, and your parent's PR application is approved. Current estimated processing time is 24 months. Therefore, you need to maintain the minimum income requirements and continue paying and filing Canadian Taxes until the application for PR is approved.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot.
When you have decided to take a job in USA and become a non-resident of Canada, you have also made a decision to give up sponsoring your parents.
You may have overlook it since the interest to sponsor form was so casual. People just filed them without much thoughs or doing research on the program.

For those who entered or not yet entered the interest to sponsor form, if you ever want a chance to sponsor your parents under PGP, you need to keep your NOA income at least meeting the required LICO.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When you have decided to take a job in USA and become a non-resident of Canada, you have also made a decision to give up sponsoring your parents.
You may have overlook it since the interest to sponsor form was so casual. People just filed them without much thoughs or doing research on the program.

For those who entered or not yet entered the interest to sponsor form, if you ever want a chance to sponsor your parents under PGP, you need to keep your NOA income at least meeting the required LICO.
PGP is very generous program with limited quota. How would people think it would prioritize those who haven’t been living and working in Canada?

Reactions: YVR123

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I received an invitation for PGP 2024, I applied for it in 2020. Now I am in the process of completing application for it, I am inviting my parents and my status in Canada is citizen. I have a question...

For Form 5406 (Additional Family info), should I list myself as a child? I think not because I am a Canadian citizen. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Form says, "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents"

I will be grateful for the response.
yes, you have to list yourself as child. 5406 is the family tree of the PA + spouse (with you included as part of the family tree).
The form is being filled by the principal applicant and spouse only. You are listed as a child.