+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I received my letter last week, the problem I'm having is that I don't have access to my account anymore. The GCKey was revoked (I guess because I haven't logged in in two years). I've created a new account but I'm not sure if/how I can link my interest to sponsor application. I just want to see the information that I entered on there almost 4 years ago.Is there any way to do that?

They said the information has to match but since then I've changed jobs, moved and even recently got married. Not sure if that's going to affect the application.

Anyone has any thoughts on how I can get this information?
are you trying to login into your IRCC account (Sign in (cic.gc.ca) ?, i had to check my mom's supervisa application as well to match information so i had logged in here to check her previous application.
as far as i have read around the threads here the linking can only be done once after we have submitted the pgp application, but lets wait to see if others can comment on this part.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello everyone my son got letter for both of us starts with 8DA but I don’t understand what 8DA starts
Can anyone focus on the same.
We are presently in Canada on visitor visa. We are returning in July, Can we leave Canada.
Any focus on above pls…
Congrats on the invitation, Yes you can leave Canada as the processing sometimes can take more than 2 years and less in some cases. Please get your son to start the application process the through the link in the invitation letter he received. If he needs any guidance on it, he can always ask on this forum or the older year forum and people would be able to clarify

GDS

Nov 20, 2013
Is it random selection process? or does anyone think that older the age is chances of getting ITA is lesser? or did anyone got ITA with parents age more than 70

rahulbrampton

May 27, 2024
Is it random selection process? or does anyone think that older the age is chances of getting ITA is lesser? or did anyone got ITA with parents age more than 70
I think it is not random. Maybe they are applying some criteria, perhaps those sponsors who are residing longer in Canada they maybe getting picked up first. I am guessing.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say..the longer you've been waiting, the higher your chances of being selected. They haven't taken any new interest to sponsor applications since 2020 so it's not like the pool size is increasing.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you trying to login into your IRCC account (Sign in (cic.gc.ca) ?, i had to check my mom's supervisa application as well to match information so i had logged in here to check her previous application.
as far as i have read around the threads here the linking can only be done once after we have submitted the pgp application, but lets wait to see if others can comment on this part.
Yeah..that's basically what I did. Annoyed because I don't even remember what the interest to sponsor application looked like. And yes, you can only link the PGP application

ontario101

May 28, 2024
anyone received invites for confirmation # starting with 73?

mine is 73 and still waiting.. :-( wish i get the invite been many years now.

dheepaksutti

Nov 30, 2018
Hi. Quick question on income requirement.

In case of co-signer, do they consider total family income or individual income?

Also does the co-signer needs to have income every year in last 3 years?

Background:
In my case, I was employed full time in 2021 and 2022. In 2023, we started self employment and my spouse is also part of the incorporation. In 2023, our combined income is more than the threshold whereas individual income is less than the threshold.

Am I eligible to accept the invitation? Do you for see any problems. Suggestions recommended.

Because if I don't use co-signer my income will be less than threshold and if I use co-signer, my spouse doesn't have any income in the past years. That's the reason , I need clarity.