Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Hello, I got PPR letter for my dad who is the PA, Is there a separate letter for dependents or Is it just one letter!
Congratulations. One PPR letter suffice for all.

sampri

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
HELP! Application was canceled.

I was invited in 2023 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship, and I submitted the completed application on Oct 24, 2023.
On June29, 2024, received IRCC letter saying my application is not complete, and requesting the Consent and Declaration Form with handwritten signature. I don’t know why they say my application is not complete, as they only required electronic signature on the PR portal. However, it’s just a signature, I complied, I asked my father to complete it on the same day. And submitted it on June 30, 2024. I followed up after 2 weeks and was advised by IRCC call agent that they received the required document.

On August 13, 2024, I saw my status changed to “returned”, I called in, the agent said the application was canceled because the Consent and Declaration form is blank. I then checked my email, and found out the blank version of the form was mistakenly attached, as it shares the same name with my completed version. I send the completed version immediately after I found out. the IRCC agent said she will let the officer know, but it’s the officer’s decision whether the application can be re-opened.

I sent an explanation letter on August 13.2024 with the evidence that this is unintended human error and requested to reopen my application. I followed up on September 7,2024. No update yet.

My questions are:
1. Are they actually gonna review my re-open request since the file is canceled?
2. How likely my file is going to be re-opened? How long does it normally take for the officer to make a decision?
3. Does anyone have this similar issue?
4. I have asked for help from MP, I requested MP to write a letter to IRCC, but still I’m waiting for MP’s response. Is there anything else I can do?
5. Should I involve a immegration lawyer at this point? given 1) my application was completed initially, if they require handwritten signature, why they don’t require it at the beginning? They created this mass for no reason. 2) when I followed up on July he IRCC agent adviced that they received the required document, which is incorrect, otherwise, I still have time to submit the correct form.

I’m so frustrated right now cause I have been waiting for this opportunity for years, and they just canceled my application for this human error. any help or advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!
You should consult a lawyer at this point as I know convincing IRCC won’t be easy. Let me know if you need contact info of a professional lawyer who also happens to be a member of the Immigration department.

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021
HELP! Application was canceled.

I was invited in 2023 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship, and I submitted the completed application on Oct 24, 2023.
On June29, 2024, received IRCC letter saying my application is not complete, and requesting the Consent and Declaration Form with handwritten signature. I don’t know why they say my application is not complete, as they only required electronic signature on the PR portal. However, it’s just a signature, I complied, I asked my father to complete it on the same day. And submitted it on June 30, 2024. I followed up after 2 weeks and was advised by IRCC call agent that they received the required document.

On August 13, 2024, I saw my status changed to “returned”, I called in, the agent said the application was canceled because the Consent and Declaration form is blank. I then checked my email, and found out the blank version of the form was mistakenly attached, as it shares the same name with my completed version. I send the completed version immediately after I found out. the IRCC agent said she will let the officer know, but it’s the officer’s decision whether the application can be re-opened.

I sent an explanation letter on August 13.2024 with the evidence that this is unintended human error and requested to reopen my application. I followed up on September 7,2024. No update yet.

My questions are:
1. Are they actually gonna review my re-open request since the file is canceled?
2. How likely my file is going to be re-opened? How long does it normally take for the officer to make a decision?
3. Does anyone have this similar issue?
4. I have asked for help from MP, I requested MP to write a letter to IRCC, but still I’m waiting for MP’s response. Is there anything else I can do?
5. Should I involve a immegration lawyer at this point? given 1) my application was completed initially, if they require handwritten signature, why they don’t require it at the beginning? They created this mass for no reason. 2) when I followed up on July he IRCC agent adviced that they received the required document, which is incorrect, otherwise, I still have time to submit the correct form.

I’m so frustrated right now cause I have been waiting for this opportunity for years, and they just canceled my application for this human error. any help or advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!
Sorry that this happened to you. Please consult a lawyer. You might have grounds for reopening the case if a procedural fairness letter was not sent to you, though I am not sure. Given that you submitted a document that IRCC requested within the timeline, a "reasonable person" might conclude that IRCC ought to have checked back with you if they were unsatisfied with the document you submitted, instead of just rejecting the application.

Imroz

Oct 16, 2017
Can anyone tell me when we are able to link the application they ask for a declaration and electronic signature then whose name do we need to enter the principal applicant or the person who sponsored?

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Can anyone tell me when we are able to link the application they ask for a declaration and electronic signature then whose name do we need to enter the principal applicant or the person who sponsored?
I didn't get any prompts for any declarations/signatures when I linked my application. Is there supposed to be a declaration?

Devarudy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

Few questions about Parents PR programs. Will be grateful for detailed replies. Appreciate a lot.

1. If applied for one parent as primary applicant while other one not interested to move in to Canada. Any problem if only the primary applicant comes alone in as landed immigrant?

2. The parent comes in Canada, gets the PR and after getting PR card returns back to native country. Will they be able to renew PR card after 5 years if they have only lived for 3 to 4 months in the period of first 5 years after being PR?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
Yes I do.. My wife is co signing
She’s part of the application. The total number of applicants includes both sponsors and anyone who is sponsored. Add that info and you’ll be able to link
your GCKEY

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
Hello everyone,

Few questions about Parents PR programs. Will be grateful for detailed replies. Appreciate a lot.

1. If applied for one parent as primary applicant while other one not interested to move in to Canada. Any problem if only the primary applicant comes alone in as landed immigrant?

2. The parent comes in Canada, gets the PR and after getting PR card returns back to native country. Will they be able to renew PR card after 5 years if they have only lived for 3 to 4 months in the period of first 5 years after being PR?
Read minimum stay and tax requirements to keep your PR status.