+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

SC1989

May 2, 2024
I got the biometric request letter. The medicals says passed as I think it happened in 2019 when the supervisa was processed. But now I notice on the gc key account the medical line is deleted (Nothing shows now).
Do you guys think the medicals will happen although I have received pre-arrival services letter?

Srazi84

Sep 8, 2024
Is there any excel file for PGP 24, where I can add my info plus track others timeline?
Thanks

APPLIED for sponsorship: 2020
Letter of invitation: 23 Oct, 2023
Application submitted on Nov 23, 2023
Additional doc requested April 20, 2024
Sponsorship approval on June 20, 2024
Biometrics requested: July 11, 2024
Biometrics done: July 15, 2024
Application moved to Vancouver office: July 26, 2024
Medical request: Sept 7, 2024

Last edited:

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
I got the biometric request letter. The medicals says passed as I think it happened in 2019 when the supervisa was processed. But now I notice on the gc key account the medical line is deleted (Nothing shows now).
Do you guys think the medicals will happen although I have received pre-arrival services letter?
Definitely, expect to receive a medical request letter soon. Receiving pre-arrival services letter only indicate that you have a PR application in progress and you could get that at anytime during the process.

SC1989

May 2, 2024
Definitely, expect to receive a medical request letter soon. Receiving pre-arrival services letter only indicate that you have a PR application in progress and you could get that at anytime during the process.
Is the medicals received done for supervisa not suffice the requirement. I am asking because I see the line medical passed on September 7 and then that line is removed now!

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Is the medicals received done for supervisa not suffice the requirement. I am asking because I see the line medical passed on September 7 and then that line is removed now!
Medical done for supervisa should be sufficient only if it is not older than one year. What I have noticed is that once you link your application to GCKey, it will show pass for both biometrics and medical (if the applicant had done any of them in the past). Noting that medicals are generally valid for one year and biometrics for PR is different from that of visitor visa; new requests to complete them will be sent to the applicant if required.
For example, my mum completed both biometrics and medicals in August 2023 for supervisa application. When I linked her PGP application in February this year, both biometrics and medicals showed PASSED. However, I got biometrics and medicals requests in March and July respectively.
If the PGP application had been completed before July, probably there won't be any need for them to send her another medical request given that medicals are valid for one year. I hope that helps.

ROBBEN

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Sept 2015
Doc's Request.
sent along with app
AOR Received.
Nov 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 2015
Med's Request
03 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
10th Aug 2016
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
APPLIED for sponsorship: 2020
Application submitted on Dec 18, 2023
Additional doc requested from Sponsorer ( Financial Evaluation) May 25, 2024
Biometrics requested: Sept 7 , 2024
Additional Docs requested from applicant: Sept 9
Applied for Indian PCC: Dec 11, 2023

We received an email requesting Biometric fee, Current address, and Indian PCC. Its been a long time since we applied for Indian PCC, and upon me inquirinng they have asked us to send an email to Indian Consulate, Please advise what steps I should take to get the PCC soonest, I live in Calgary and applied for Indian PCC through Vancouver BLS.

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
See answers in BLUE above, I hope that helps. Good luck!
I am in a similar situation. My parents have a valid visitor visa until July 2025. Their medicals were cleared in July 2024, since then no updates. I am thinking of having my parents travel to Canada on visitor visa so they could at least be with me while they await their PR. Question is, how do I update their address? also although IRCC hasn't asked for their PCC yet, I have already got it. How do I upload to the their applications? thank you.

SC1989

May 2, 2024
Thanks alot, much appreciated for your help!

Medical done for supervisa should be sufficient only if it is not older than one year. What I have noticed is that once you link your application to GCKey, it will show pass for both biometrics and medical (if the applicant had done any of them in the past). Noting that medicals are generally valid for one year and biometrics for PR is different from that of visitor visa; new requests to complete them will be sent to the applicant if required.
For example, my mum completed both biometrics and medicals in August 2023 for supervisa application. When I linked her PGP application in February this year, both biometrics and medicals showed PASSED. However, I got biometrics and medicals requests in March and July respectively.
If the PGP application had been completed before July, probably there won't be any need for them to send her another medical request given that medicals are valid for one year. I hope that helps.

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
I am in a similar situation. My parents have a valid visitor visa until July 2025. Their medicals were cleared in July 2024, since then no updates. I am thinking of having my parents travel to Canada on visitor visa so they could at least be with me while they await their PR. Question is, how do I update their address? also although IRCC hasn't asked for their PCC yet, I have already got it. How do I upload to the their applications? thank you.
You can proactively upload your PCC via webform to your application since you already have it using https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application by selecting option Add a document to your application.
IRCC will update your file accordingly will not ask for it again.

Meanwhile, once your parents arrive Canada on a visit visa, you can easily update their address via webform using the same link as stated above by selecting option Change or update your contact information.
I hope that helps. Good luck!

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Hi guys,

Yesterday we received a request for passport to submit via VFS Global.

Here's our timeline:

October 2020 - Interest to Sponsor
October 2023 - Invitation to Apply
June 2024 - Request to submit IMM 1344 hand-signed (was signed electronically as per the form itself and the guide, but still...)
July 2024 - Confirmation of Sponsor's Eligibility
July 2024 - Requests for Biometrics, Medicals, and PCC's
August 2024 - Bio, Meds and PCC's done and submitted; also submitted a letter stating that one of PCC's is not required as PA had left the country before turning 18, hence PCC requirement not applicable
September 2024 - Request to submit Passport and Photos for PR via VFS

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hi guys,

Here's our timeline:

June 2024 - Request to submit IMM 1344 hand-signed (was signed electronically as per the form itself and the guide, but still...)
August 2024 - Bio, Meds and PCC's done and submitted; also submitted a letter stating that one of PCC's is not required as PA had left the country before turning 18, hence PCC requirement not applicable
Congratulations!

adesola

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
Nomination.....
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
04-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-10-2014
Hi guys,

Here's our timeline:

Congratulation

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
You will get the medical exam request soon. I had the same thing and medical line was deleted. And few days later I got the medical request.

Nagi_ravipal

Jun 22, 2016
Hi
My father is in living in India and use to have super visa in past.
I am not able to check the status of my father's application PGP pr and not able to link the application to my online account.
tried all other method UCI and application number and family name.
Biometrics , PCC and medical request came in Aug 2024 everything has been done and submitted from my side.
Now I am trying different ways to check the status but it says they cannot locate the file and no applications found.
I have submitted the PCC thru web form online because my application is not linked with my GC account.
Also I have received the Pre-arrival letter and decision letter regarding sponsor.
Also does anyone know how long is it gonna take to get the passport request from now ?
Can anyone help how to figure it out to check the status ??

Last edited:

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hi
My father is in living in India and use to have super visa in past.
I am not able to check the status of my father's application PGP pr and not able to link the application to my online account.
tried all other method UCI and application number and family name.
Biometrics , PCC and medical request came in Aug 2024 everything has been done and submitted from my side.
Now I am trying different ways to check the status but it says they cannot locate the file and no applications found.
I have submitted the PCC thru web form online because my application is not linked with my GC account.
Also I have received the Pre-arrival letter and decision letter regarding sponsor.
Also does anyone know how long is it gonna take to get the passport request from now ?
Can anyone help how to figure it out to check the status ??
You may have been entering an incorrect figure to the last question in the questionnaire about number of people in the application. Note that you as the sponsor need to be included in the count. For example, If you're sponsoring only your dad with no dependent children and no co-cosigner, that count will be 2.
Good luck!

Reactions: YVR123