+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

canparents

Sep 10, 2024
Hello everyone.
I had received AOR for application to sponsor my parents by mail in July. Since then I have not received any email or mail, and I am also unable to link the application. The AOR received has an application number starting with F, and it said submit financial evaluation if not already submitted. I had already submitted that with my application. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on how to proceed from here.
Thank you

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Hi Folks,
This week , I've received a request to provide Medical, Biometrics, and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for my application. However, I'm facing an issue. The applicant's middle name was dropped during a passport renewal due to document requirements, resulting in a different name now. All my immigration documents are under the older name. I submitted an affidavit for the name change in March 2024, but I've still received the request for the above documents with the old name. I have one month to submit these three documents. I'm unsure whether I should:
  1. Request a name change now, or
  2. Try to obtain these documents with the old name and submit a request for a name change after these documents are submitted (assuming I can get the documents with the old name, even though the passport has the new name).
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hello everyone.
I had received AOR for application to sponsor my parents by mail in July. Since then I have not received any email or mail, and I am also unable to link the application. The AOR received has an application number starting with F, and it said submit financial evaluation if not already submitted. I had already submitted that with my application. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on how to proceed from here.
Thank you
Beside linking your application to GCKey account, there isn't much to to do than to wait for further updates from IRCC.
For linking the application, you need to ensure the information you're entering are exactly same as you provided them when you completed the application.
Take note of the last field in the questionnaire requesting input for number of people in the application.
Just to be sure you are entering the correct number of people in the application correctly; assuming you (sponsor) and your spouse (cosigner) are sponsoring your dad (primary applicant) and mom (dependent) with no dependent children. Therefore, the number of people in the application will be 4.
You could adapt the example to suit your specific situation. Good luck!

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Did any one got Australian PCC (my mom (Indian citizen) travelled to Australia and stayed over 6 months) ? She was in Victoria ,do we need DL info too ?

Nagi_ravipal

Jun 22, 2016
You may have been entering an incorrect figure to the last question in the questionnaire about number of people in the application. Note that you as the sponsor need to be included in the count. For example, If you're sponsoring only your dad with no dependent children and no co-cosigner, that count will be 2.
Good luck!

I tried that and it's still not work and I have tried all different variations with UCI and Family name , UCI and application number as well. I don't know what is going on with this.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
I tried that and it's still not work and I have tried all different variations with UCI and Family name , UCI and application number as well. I don't know what is going on with this.
Do you have a cosigner?

Imroz

Oct 16, 2017
Hi
I submitted application in Oct 2023
I received additional document requests in July and received Medical, Biometric, and PCC requests yesterday but not any official AOR Email yet.
Is there anyone in the same boat?
Does anyone know how much time PCC takes in PUNJAB, INDIA?

Reactions: GNPLC

sampri

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
Hello, I got PPR letter for my dad who is the PA, Is there a separate letter for dependents or Is it just one letter!
Congratulations!

IRCC only issues one letter directing to PA. The letter clearly mentions submitting passports for all accompanying dependents.

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
New Update: Portal 2 email received today, see timeline below:

Interest submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 11, 2023
Application submitted: October 17, 2023
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre in Mississauga
Medical Passed: Feb 9, 2024 (From Supervisa Medical done in Aug 2023)
Linked Application: February 27, 2024
Additional info Requested on: March 1, 2024
Info submitted: March 15, 2024
Biometrics requested: March 19, 2024
Sponsorship Approval received: March 20, 2024
Office changed to IRCC Montreal: March 20 2024
AOR received: March 26, 2024
Biometrics Completed: April 5, 2024
PCC Submitted: April 18, 2024
Pre-arrival checklist: July 3, 2024
Another Medical Request: July 22, 2024
Medical Passed: August 1, 2024
Final decision: August 13, 2024
Portal 1 Email: August 29, 2024
Portal 2 Email: September 12, 2024
eCOPR:

Tykoon

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
New Update: Portal 2 email received today, see timeline below:

Interest submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 11, 2023
Application submitted: October 17, 2023
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre in Mississauga
Medical Passed: Feb 9, 2024 (From Supervisa Medical done in Aug 2023)
Linked Application: February 27, 2024
Additional info Requested on: March 1, 2024
Info submitted: March 15, 2024
Biometrics requested: March 19, 2024
Sponsorship Approval received: March 20, 2024
Office changed to IRCC Montreal: March 20 2024
AOR received: March 26, 2024
Biometrics Completed: April 5, 2024
PCC Submitted: April 18, 2024
Pre-arrival checklist: July 3, 2024
Another Medical Request: July 22, 2024
Medical Passed: August 1, 2024
Final decision: August 13, 2024
Portal 1 Email: August 29, 2024
Portal 2 Email: September 12, 2024
eCOPR:
Good happy for you

Reactions: Solarmanng

NicoleHG

Sep 12, 2024
HELP! Application was canceled.

I was invited in 2023 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship, and I submitted the completed application on Oct 24, 2023.
On June29, 2024, received IRCC letter saying my application is not complete, and requesting the Consent and Declaration Form with handwritten signature. I don’t know why they say my application is not complete, as they only required electronic signature on the PR portal. However, it’s just a signature, I complied, I asked my father to complete it on the same day. And submitted it on June 30, 2024. I followed up after 2 weeks and was advised by IRCC call agent that they received the required document.

On August 13, 2024, I saw my status changed to “returned”, I called in, the agent said the application was canceled because the Consent and Declaration form is blank. I then checked my email, and found out the blank version of the form was mistakenly attached, as it shares the same name with my completed version. I send the completed version immediately after I found out. the IRCC agent said she will let the officer know, but it’s the officer’s decision whether the application can be re-opened.

I sent an explanation letter on August 13.2024 with the evidence that this is unintended human error and requested to reopen my application. I followed up on September 7,2024. No update yet.

My questions are:
1. Are they actually gonna review my re-open request since the file is canceled?
2. How likely my file is going to be re-opened? How long does it normally take for the officer to make a decision?
3. Does anyone have this similar issue?
4. I have asked for help from MP, I requested MP to write a letter to IRCC, but still I’m waiting for MP’s response. Is there anything else I can do?
5. Should I involve a immegration lawyer at this point? given 1) my application was completed initially, if they require handwritten signature, why they don’t require it at the beginning? They created this mass for no reason. 2) when I followed up on July he IRCC agent adviced that they received the required document, which is incorrect, otherwise, I still have time to submit the correct form.

I’m so frustrated right now cause I have been waiting for this opportunity for years, and they just canceled my application for this human error. any help or advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!