+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Received medical request. My mother has a history of heart disease including a bypass operation. Would this be a concern during medical exam? I hope they realize most people in this age bracket have some medical history
I don't think that would be a problem. I was once told by a Canadian doctor that he had an instance where the would be migrant was HIV positive and even then he was cleared for Canadian PR. So don't worry, your mum should be fine.

Tykoon

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Hi Heena
I understand its a dreaded wait untill we hear some faint noise !!
Suggest check the PR portal status where you submitted..If the status is not returned yet, you can have high hopes of the application getting picked up soon for next steps. As i remember sometime around feb / mar or so many applications were returned and i heard people stating change in status on PR portal. Most said they had no mail about returned status ..
As far as number goes they will provide PR to 15k out of 24k invites sent...
What about the rest 9k applications

Reactions: tah201

nims38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
My parents stayed in Canada for exact 6 months on Super Visa last year. Now during PCC, do I need to get the PCC from Canada too as their stay was for exact 6 months?

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Hi there, need an urgent help. I received a letter from IRCC for missing documents.

imm5406 - They have asked to resubmit IMM5406 pdf form for both the parents. I downloaded the latest pdf form, on the form it is mentioned to write all the names in english and native language, I tried using Google translate however when I paste it shows "?????", how do I fix this? If someone has submitted this form, could you please advise. Also, I filled out the form in english but when I press Validate nothing happens. Should I just download and print and get my parents to sign or there is a work around for this? (I am using Mac OS)

dwyspk

Feb 12, 2019
Updating my timeline:

Application - November 11, 2023
AOR received in mail box-letter dated June 7, 2024
Application linked-June 26, 2024
Biometrics requested-July 2, 2024
Additional Document requested-July 3, 2024 (Proof of relationship-Household Registry)

Question:
When I submitted all documents, my parents were in China. My mom came to visit me earlier last month and is planning to stay here for several months. Do I need to update IRCC that one of the applicants is currently in Canada? Thank you.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IMM 5768)
is not letting me sign electronically even though the guide says we have to electronically sign. The form isnt letting me type out my signature. Should I print it out and sign?

Reactions: Canadian Dreams

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IMM 5768)
is not letting me sign electronically even though the guide says we have to electronically sign. The form isnt letting me type out my signature. Should I print it out and sign?
You can sign the form electronically with ease. Here is what you need to do.
1. Fill out all the fields as required except the signature field.
2. Print the form to pdf (Note that I used Microsoft Print to PDF as Adobe PDF printer never worked for it)
3. Then you will be able to sign the form electronically with any PDF Fill & Sign application.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
You can sign the form electronically with ease. Here is what you need to do.
1. Fill out all the fields as required except the signature field.
2. Print the form to pdf (Note that I used Microsoft Print to PDF as Adobe PDF printer never worked for it)
3. Then you will be able to sign the form electronically with any PDF Fill & Sign application.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
thank you!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Form IMM 0008 asks for current country of residence. My parents are currently in Canada visiting on a supervisa since 2019. I have selected "visitor" from the drop down list. Their status has been lawfully maintained via visitor extensions. For the "To" date I have listed the date of expiry of the most recent visitor record, is that the correct way to answer this question?

Also, should I upload a copy of the visitor record along with an LOE (explaining they are currently here on a supervisa and status has been kept maintained and will attach the visitor records as proof). Or will that not be necessary?

mithu0727

Jun 4, 2024
Hi there, need an urgent help. I received a letter from IRCC for missing documents.

imm5406 - They have asked to resubmit IMM5406 pdf form for both the parents. I downloaded the latest pdf form, on the form it is mentioned to write all the names in english and native language, I tried using Google translate however when I paste it shows "?????", how do I fix this? If someone has submitted this form, could you please advise. Also, I filled out the form in english but when I press Validate nothing happens. Should I just download and print and get my parents to sign or there is a work around for this? (I am using Mac OS)
Just google translating english to your native language and you will find some website to copy and paste the names in your native language. I used QuillBot to translate english names to punjabi names and copy and pasted on the application and it worked fine for me.

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Just google translating english to your native language and you will find some website to copy and paste the names in your native language. I used QuillBot to translate english names to punjabi names and copy and pasted on the application and it worked fine for me.
Thank you so much! One last question: the validate button is not generating any barcode, is this normal or the barcodes need to be generated for this imm5406 form?

Last edited: