+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
Hi all, after receiving AOR and linking the application to Gckey, do you get biometrics/PCC update in email or have to watch the Gckey account for an update?

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Hi all, after receiving AOR and linking the application to Gckey, do you get biometrics/PCC update in email or have to watch the Gckey account for an update?
All your new requests will be sent to the GCKey account. However, you’ll always be notified via the email you used for the linking whenever there’s a new update in the GCKey account.

Dynamite007

Jun 25, 2024
That's a good update, it appears Montreal visa office is awake for PGP files.
Last year August, my mum completed her medical for supervisa at IOM clinic in Abuja. The process was pretty straight forward with online appointment booking and confirmation after applicable had been received. She paid 40,500 naira for the medical. According to her, the service was great on the scheduled day.
See their appointment scheduling portal for either Lagos or Abuja here:
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
Hi I wanted to ask if your application is also at the Montreal office.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Has anyone who submitted between december 19-23 received any updates?

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all,
I submitted my father's sponsorship file in December 2023, my father or I have not received any letter or letter of acknowledgement from CIC, is it normal for parents application to take that long. I have waited like 11 years to apply for my father. I do not remember how many invitations CIC sent in October 2023, is it possible that out of whatsoever invitation they will only accept a certain number of applications. rest they will return to applicants.

nims38

Apr 3, 2017
Hello All, received Pcc request with following line for mom dad:
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You
must report any changes to your address.

so my question is how to provide them current address as it’s already on file.
Thanks
@Adeep2112 I have the same question. How did you provide this information to them?

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
hello all,
I submitted my father's sponsorship file in December 2023, my father or I have not received any letter or letter of acknowledgement from CIC, is it normal for parents application to take that long. I have waited like 11 years to apply for my father. I do not remember how many invitations CIC sent in October 2023, is it possible that out of whatsoever invitation they will only accept a certain number of applications. rest they will return to applicants.
Hi Heena
I understand its a dreaded wait untill we hear some faint noise !!
Suggest check the PR portal status where you submitted..If the status is not returned yet, you can have high hopes of the application getting picked up soon for next steps. As i remember sometime around feb / mar or so many applications were returned and i heard people stating change in status on PR portal. Most said they had no mail about returned status ..
As far as number goes they will provide PR to 15k out of 24k invites sent...