Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Good day we got pcc,cv, IMM 5669 Schedule A Background Declaration and travel history request

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Today we got a PCC request along with additional documents which includes biometric request which I believe should be exempted because it was done as part of super visa request. Moreover, if this wouldn’t have exempted then should be requested in the beginning (immediately after submitting application in Dec 2022.

Does anyone have similar experience where ignored previously done biometric and requested another later in the application process?

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Today we got a PCC request along with additional documents which includes biometric request which I believe should be exempted because it was done as part of super visa request. Moreover, if this wouldn’t have exempted then should be requested in the beginning (immediately after submitting application in Dec 2022.

Does anyone have similar experience where ignored previously done biometric and requested another later in the application process?
Biometrics need to be provided again even if they had been previously provided during super visa application, I had similar experience.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Reactions: aashamsi

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Received request for police certificate .. does the police certificate is required since the age of 18 or for the last 10 years? Please reply

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Received request for police certificate .. does the police certificate is required since the age of 18 or for the last 10 years? Please reply
Generally, police certificates are required for countries where the applicant has stayed for 6 months or more in a row. And those are periods from when the applicant turned 18 years AND it has to be within the last 10 years.

However, there may be additional instructions on case by case basis.
See the link below for examples and clarifications, I hope that helps. Good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Generally, police certificates are required for countries where the applicant has stayed for 6 months or more in a row. And those are periods from when the applicant turned 18 years AND it has to be within the last 10 years.

However, there may be additional instructions on case by case basis.
See the link below for examples and clarifications, I hope that helps. Good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
My mother has lived in KSA until 2003. and since then she left KSA is resident of Pakistan. Now Police certificate from Pakistan for last 10 years would be sufficient only for Pakistan and is not required to cover the period since the age of 18.? Is this correct, please explain
The period she lived in KSA will require police certificate but since KSA wont provide that . I Can explain to visa officer about that.

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Thanks for you quick reply, then I will immediately apply for an appointment
My mother has lived in KSA until 2003. and since then she left KSA is resident of Pakistan. Now Police certificate from Pakistan for last 10 years would be sufficient only for Pakistan and is not required to cover the period since the age of 18.? Is this correct, please explain
The period she lived in KSA will require police certificate but since KSA wont provide that . I Can explain to visa officer about that.
In the link I previously shared with you from IRCC, there is an an example there that clearly fits your situation:
Example B: 7-month stay 20 years ago
Feras is 45 years old. He worked in Turkey for 7 months when he was 25 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from Turkey.”

With this in mind, your mother obviously does not need to provide police certificate from KSA unless otherwise specifically requested by IRCC.
Provision of police certificate from Pakistan will be sufficient. Good luck!

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hello everyone can anyone please advise- after getting approval and passport is being stamped to enter canada. withing what time frame does our parents enter canada? once visa is stampped can they chose to enter canada 6 months ? or the rule is to enter canada withn 30 days of getting visa?

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hello everyone can anyone please advise- after getting approval and passport is being stamped to enter canada. withing what time frame does our parents enter canada? once visa is stampped can they chose to enter canada 6 months ? or the rule is to enter canada withn 30 days of getting visa?
Once their passport is stamped, your parents can choose to enter Canada any time within the validity of their stamped visa. The visa expiry date is written on the top right-hand corner. This expiry date is same as the expiry date on their COPR. Good luck!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Hello quick Update we submitted the police certificate and some updated document, finger cross for next request, hopefully passport request

Lambo-s-LAW

May 16, 2023
I had Final Decision on August 10th but PCC has yet to be reviewed, eligibility is still being reviewed and background check is still being processed. Is this normal?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • July 16, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 31, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • August 10, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: PG-BColumbia

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Submission: 12-Dec-2022
Medical Request: 18-Jul-2023
Medical Update: 10-Aug-2023
Pre-Arrival Letter: 23-Oct-2023

In the Medical section it used to say we have received your medical, last week it went into Blank. not sure what is happening