+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Ash-13

Oct 11, 2023
Received Medical today. My mother went for her medical exam recently for visitor visa extension. Can we submit the same exam file or does she need another medical exam?

also do we wait for PCC to come or can we just get it before IRCC requests for it?

Thanks

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, on the 19th, we got an email regarding Pre Arrival Services for my mother-in-law (Dec. 2021 applicant). Same time, IRCC also stated that her medical is passed. Can anyone tell me please where the application could be and how much time it may take for PPR now?

Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - July 19, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - July 18, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I think your PPR should be very soon.

I saw your case delayed for a while. May I ask a question: did your mother-in-law have military services or work for government before?

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I think your PPR should be very soon.

I saw your case delayed for a while. May I ask a question: did your mother-in-law have military services or work for government before?
No military service. She and my father in law have been separated (not divorced) for 30 years. IRCC wanted his details, but we do not know where he is. That delayed the process a bit.

Reactions: katezhu

Faisal Sandhu

Mar 24, 2013
Calgary
Received Medical today. My mother went for her medical exam recently for visitor visa extension. Can we submit the same exam file or does she need another medical exam?

Hi Ash: I am in a similar situation because my parents recently completed their medical exams for a Super Visa application. I submitted a webform yesterday with their still-valid medical results. Has anyone in this forum had a similar experience where IRCC accepted old (valid) medical results via the webform?

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Here is my timeline. Good luck everyone.

Sponsored Person: Mother
Province: Ontario
Invitation Date: October 14, 2022
Application Submitted: December 18, 2022
Additional Documents Req: IMM 5768 February 08, 2023
AOR: May 04, 2023
Sponsor Approval: July 19, 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Vancouver
Request of additional info: April 25, 2024
Pre-arrival services: June 15, 2024
Medical Exam Request: July 04, 2024
Police certificate Request: July 05, 2024
Passport Request: July 24, 2024

Lambo-s-LAW

May 16, 2023
Here is my timeline. Good luck everyone.

Sponsored Person: Mother
Province: Ontario
Invitation Date: October 14, 2022
Application Submitted: December 18, 2022
Additional Documents Req: IMM 5768 February 08, 2023
AOR: May 04, 2023
Sponsor Approval: July 19, 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Vancouver
Request of additional info: April 25, 2024
Pre-arrival services: June 15, 2024
Medical Exam Request: July 04, 2024
Police certificate Request: July 05, 2024
Passport Request: July 24, 2024
Congrats!
When did you submit the PPC and medical? Just trying to gage the time between submitting those to receiving the final decision and PPR. Thanks

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Principle applicant's medical expired on July 24, 2024.
Today I checked GCkey account, there is blank under "review of medical results". Before, it shows "Review of medical results - Oct 25, 2023 You passed the medical exam" because the dependent's medical passed on Oct 25, 2023.

Does anyone have the same status if one of medicals expired?

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Hi, on the 19th, we got an email regarding Pre Arrival Services for my mother-in-law (Dec. 2021 applicant). Same time, IRCC also stated that her medical is passed. Can anyone tell me please where the application could be and how much time it may take for PPR now?

Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - July 19, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - July 18, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
do you know when your doctor completed or submitted the result to IRCC? On July 19 or earlier?

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All,
finally got PR Request from Vancouver office on 27-July-2024 . after a long long wait.
one key point to highlight keep putting webform every bi weekly to Vancouver office for status of your PGP application . Don't leave on them. Just pursue you case. finally you will find update or movement from them.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
My dad's medical expired on July 24, 2024 and the medical status is blank now.

I do not receive any information to redo medical so far.
thank you! both of my parents medical will expire on Aug 2nd. and today morning i received email to do medical again. And medical status where previously stated "you have passed medical" is now blank.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hi All,
finally got PR Request from Vancouver office on 27-July-2024 . after a long long wait.
one key point to highlight keep putting webform every bi weekly to Vancouver office for status of your PGP application . Don't leave on them. Just pursue you case. finally you will find update or movement from them.
its a great idea!! what was your verbiage on the webform ? because i am very close to call this morons incompetent. i was just asked to re-do medical again. not only its expensive, but the political condition in the country is very dangerous. they simply can't make appointment and go.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Hi All,
Congratulations

any idea when you got medical and pcc request? When they they were submitted?