Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Submission: 12-Dec-2022
Medical Request: 18-Jul-2023
Medical Update: 10-Aug-2023
Pre-Arrival Letter: 23-Oct-2023

In the Medical section it used to say we have received your medical, last week it went into Blank. not sure what is happening
The reason could be that the medical has expired as IRCC medical is only valid for one year. They will probably be sending you to do another medical in few days to come, just be prepared for it. Good luck!

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
I had Final Decision on August 10th but PCC has yet to be reviewed, eligibility is still being reviewed and background check is still being processed. Is this normal?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • July 16, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 31, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • August 10, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Nothing to worry about as it is absolutely normal. Just be expecting your PPR and COPR in few weeks. Good luck!

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
The reason could be that the medical has expired as IRCC medical is only valid for one year. They will probably be sending you to do another medical in few days to come, just be prepared for it. Good luck!
That is so annoying, they send you to medical, their background check takes longer, they send you again to do medical, I don't want to be whining but this is so annoying

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
hey All, recently my parents was asked to re-do the medical for 2nd time because they did their medical a year ago. they went to do the medical in same clinic they did last time and the clinic had shared the report with my parents which i uploaded in the portal.

issue this time is-upon completing the test clinic told my parent have TB and they need to do additional test. The problem is this clinic is refusing to share the medical report based on which they decide my parents have TB. My parents have completed the test the have asked to do and also did the same tests to another clinic that is no affiliated with IRCC and turns their they do not have any TB or any disease. My question is it normal or legal for medical to refuse to share reports with the patient? The clinic is saying IRCC has changed rules and they can no longer share any of the test reports with the patient. Can please someone shed some light how valid this information is or how can validate this information?

for context i am quebec aplicant and quebec processing time in today's date is 48 months processing time outside quebec is 24 months. I have confirmed with IRCC agents multiple times over the phone that background security check has been completed for my parents and only factor left is their medical test. Anyone who had to redo their medical and had TB took them 7-12 months to finally clear the medical test. it doesn't take rocket science to understand my file is being strolled to reach the 48 months processing time.

can any one advise if clinic can refuse to share medical report with the patient ? is that legal? if not legal how can i challenge that?

Ash-13

Oct 11, 2023
Medical was requested on 22nd July 2024, submitted on 24th July 2024. Still waiting for the update on this, Any idea how long does it take to update the GC key account?

kauraman1996

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I applied for my parents PR in 2022 so do i need to maintain income criteria for the year 2022, 2023 and 2024?? Also applied for my brother at the same time he is now 24 years old will he gets PR together ???

because I am still waiting for sponsor approval

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I applied for my parents PR in 2022 so do i need to maintain income criteria for the year 2022, 2023 and 2024?? Also applied for my brother at the same time he is now 24 years old will he gets PR together ???

because I am still waiting for sponsor approval
So if your brother was included in the 2022 PGP application, and he was under 22 at that time, then his age is locked and remain as a dependent of your parents.
You need to maintain your income for your family + 3 (parents and brother) until the application have been finalized.
He will get PR in the same application as your parents. Did your parents and him get medical request?

Blueberry138

Mar 11, 2020
Hi all,

When the portal said, ‘You passed the medical exam.’ while it shows the primary applicant my mom name as login name, does that means my mom and my dad (dependent) all passed the medical?

My mom is primary and my dad is listed as dependent but the clinic was skeptical about the results and thinking there might be further tests… so just wanna make sure before I pass on the good news.

Nov 28, 2023 Biometric Request
Nov 30, 2023 Sponsor approved (forwarded to Vancouver Immigration for further
processing)
Jun 28, 2024 Medical Request
Jul 17, 2024 PR fee paid
Jul 19, 2024 Medical passed
Aug 27, 2024 PCC request

v6z2c3

Jun 3, 2024
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Hi All,
finally got PR Request from Vancouver office on 27-July-2024 . after a long long wait.
one key point to highlight keep putting webform every bi weekly to Vancouver office for status of your PGP application . Don't leave on them. Just pursue you case. finally you will find update or movement from them.
Congrats. You are the first I heard that got approved by the Vancouver blackhole. Have you gone through a security screening process? Do you mean submitting an ATIP case inquiry every 2 weeks could expedite the process?

Blueberry138

Mar 11, 2020
hey All, recently my parents was asked to re-do the medical for 2nd time because they did their medical a year ago. they went to do the medical in same clinic they did last time and the clinic had shared the report with my parents which i uploaded in the portal.

issue this time is-upon completing the test clinic told my parent have TB and they need to do additional test. The problem is this clinic is refusing to share the medical report based on which they decide my parents have TB. My parents have completed the test the have asked to do and also did the same tests to another clinic that is no affiliated with IRCC and turns their they do not have any TB or any disease. My question is it normal or legal for medical to refuse to share reports with the patient? The clinic is saying IRCC has changed rules and they can no longer share any of the test reports with the patient. Can please someone shed some light how valid this information is or how can validate this information?

for context i am quebec aplicant and quebec processing time in today's date is 48 months processing time outside quebec is 24 months. I have confirmed with IRCC agents multiple times over the phone that background security check has been completed for my parents and only factor left is their medical test. Anyone who had to redo their medical and had TB took them 7-12 months to finally clear the medical test. it doesn't take rocket science to understand my file is being strolled to reach the 48 months processing time.

can any one advise if clinic can refuse to share medical report with the patient ? is that legal? if not legal how can i challenge that?
My dad had similar issues when applying for supervisa. Also suspected TB and multiple additional tests were requested. They were still not satisfied even after half a year of testing. At the end we just did a private CT scan, which is more accurate than Xray and uploaded directly to IRCC along with an explanation letter.
They won’t share the report but we know it was related to a tiny shadow on lung x-ray.