+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Can someone pls help understand what is happening with my mother-in-law's PGP PR application?

Background:
  • Dec 2021 application
  • IRCC asked for PC in 2022 - submitted them immediately
  • Medical test asked to be done again in 2022 as previous one had expired. Did so and submitted
  • Somewhere in late 2022, IRCC confirmed medical test has been completed and file was being processed in Mississauga office
  • Then there was radio silence for many many months. Following up did not help
  • Early this year, the background check status showed in progress. Status also said they need more info
  • After 2 months, got a call from IRCC agent asking for my father-in-law's details to be added. My mother-in-law and father-in-law have been separated (without formal divorce for 30 years and we are unaware of where he is). We were asked to fill in form with him as a dependent as formal divorce has not happened. We submitted new form with his name stating that we cannot upload all forms or get his signatures as we do not know where he is
  • 2 weeks later, IRCC updated my father-in-law's name as a dependent
  • 1 month later in May, got a letter that application is being moved from Mississauga office to Vancouver office - no concrete reason given
  • Status then changed and showed Medical is being reviewed, additional document still required, background change still being done etc.
  • Last night, the status had an update and only the background check moved to "not applicable"
The current status is as below:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
Not applicable.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

cooldim84

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I need your experts advise.

We submitted our mother's PR application when she was in Sri Lanka back in December 2022. Today we got the email to do her medical exam. However, she is currently visiting us in Canada with us now as a visitor (visit visa). Is it ok to do the medical exam here in Canada (from the list of doctors given by IRCC) or should she go back to Sri Lanka to get her medical exam done??

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Yes, you can do it in Canada

Dear All,

I need your experts advise.

We submitted our mother's PR application when she was in Sri Lanka back in December 2022. Today we got the email to do her medical exam. However, she is currently visiting us in Canada with us now as a visitor (visit visa). Is it ok to do the medical exam here in Canada (from the list of doctors given by IRCC) or should she go back to Sri Lanka to get her medical exam done??

Canada053

Jul 18, 2016
Invitation letter - Oct 13, 2022
Applied - Nov 30, 2022
Sponsorship approval - May 2,2023 (moved to Montreal office)
Medical request June 14, 2024
Pre-arrival letter - June 14, 2024
New update;

Applied - Nov 30, 2022
Sponsorship approval - May 2,2023 (moved to Montreal office)
Medical request - June 14, 2024
Pre-arrival letter - June 14, 2024
Medical passed - June 28, 2024
Police certificate requested - June 28, 2024 (email came from the Niagara office)

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW
Mar 8, 2018
Applied - Dec 08, 2022
Sponsorship approval - May 2,2023 (moved to Vancouver office)
Pre-arrival letter - June 26, 2024
Medical request - June 27, 2024

Yes, I heard that if applicants living in Canada, the medical result could be extended for a while.
Could you please share your timeline?

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW