+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Jas2018

Jan 12, 2019
Guys. Last week my ECAS status as a sponsor change From IN PROCESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED then today same thing happen to my parents ECAS status, from IN PROCESS to APPLICATION RECIEVED. Hopefully good news will happen next week. Cross finger :)
Dose anyone know what’s happening?

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Guys. Last week my ECAS status as a sponsor change From IN PROCESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED then today same thing happen to my parents ECAS status, from IN PROCESS to APPLICATION RECIEVED. Hopefully good news will happen next week. Cross finger :)
Hi There,
Would yo ube able to share your timeline?
Are you first round or 2nd round applicant?

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Exactly in the same boat
my status in last few weeks

in process in process

app received in process

app received app received

no change in online status.

No idea what is going on. Line no 166 in spread sheet

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
2nd round. Check the spreadsheet. Im on line 162
mine changed to in process on Jan 08 and they also asked for my dad's death certificate. still no update till now showing in process for both sponsor as well as for applicant

Last edited:

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
@YULIA-2016 Please update SS . I received sponsor approval email on February 1 and they have fwd my application to LVO. They also indicated to proceed to MIDI Quebec to get approval from Quebec govt .

Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016 Please update SS . I received sponsor approval email on February 1 and they have fwd my application to LVO. They also indicated to proceed to MIDI Quebec to get approval from Quebec govt .

Thanks
Ottawa or Newdelhi?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Experienced folks, appreciate your guidance on Financial Evaluation of Sponsor form, Question 14 that requires:
Provide your employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

I worked in the same place for the last five years, should I only have one line, or do it by calendar year?
If one line, not sure which income to put.
If by calendar year, I don't have my income for 2018 yet. Does it mean I cannot apply until I submit my taxes?

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
My Application was received on May 25th - I have not heard anything from CIC not has my ECAS been updated - anyone else in the same situation?

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Another question - under permanent residence application status when I click 'application received' it only says my father's name, not my mother's name. Is this normal?

dde

May 31, 2018
I have a question regarding medical exam.

Hypothetically speaking, if someone was found to have infectious diseases such as active tuberculosis, will they be denied entry based on medical inadmissibility? Certain infectious diseases are curable specifically TB (tuberculosis), but it was mentioned specifically in medical inadmissibility. I'm just wondering if someone has experience with this type situation.

From what I read, procedural fairness letter will be issued if they feel that your application could be denied based on medical grounds. You are then given opportunities to provide information and evidence on the medical diagnosis and treatment to cure your disease etc.

I've seen a post someone whose mother was found to have cancer. But, that case would fall directly under the cost associated with the disease rather than the "danger to public health". Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tuberculosis is somewhat prevalent in my old country and I'm just trying to prepare for the possibility of that diagnosis, although I do not believe my parents have TB. No one in the extended family has it and my parents have been living with them. The reason why tuberculosis is labelled "infectious" is because it can spread to others really fast through saliva and sharing utensils etc. That's why I do not believe that they have tuberculosis because no one in the family has it. If they did have it, someone else would have been diagnosed with it by now and my 70 years old dad would certainly shows sign of TB. A

Anyhow, I'm just trying to prepare for the worst while I hope for that best.

Thanks guys!
Active TB inadmissable. Has to be treated and followup tests including xrays etc have to unequivocally show absence of activity before immigration allowed.