+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Super Visa Questions

Cal09

Nov 25, 2017
Me & my baby just entered Canada as PR 20days back. My mum accompanied us (as she already holds a tourist visa). My husband is working abroad and supporting us financially. I am yet to find a job here. I will be in a job within a month. I am looking to apply for a super visa for my mum. I have the following questions :
1.When will I be eligible to apply for her? Is there a time frame only after which I become eligible?
2. Will my husband 's income documents suffice to do so?

Thanks in advance.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi All, i am living on PR since 2016 Jan. we are 5 family members here in Canada and parents are in back home

please answer me following is possible.

0) i applied for my parents 5 months ago for visit visa but rejected for no ties in backhome, not satisfied to VO and proposed stay.
1) Can i apply for my parents super visa ?
2) what is minimum salary to apply for parents super visa ?
3) should i apply for visit visa or super visa for my parents ? if i have $10k CAD plus in my bank account and my salary is $80k CAD plus
4) how much time they take to issue super visa ?
5) any thing special i have to take care of when applying super visa for my parents?

Thank you for your valuable time to give me feedback.

Thank you.

Reactions: gssidhu19

roshveen

Feb 14, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have recently got Canada PR ( Federal) through Express entry. I have also received a job offer from a IT company. I intend to visit to canada in a months time. I have the following concerns and appreciate your support in finding a solution.

1. Can i bring my mother through Super Visa right now
2. What are the chances and how to apply for something which would help me to bring my mother to canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends,

I have recently got Canada PR ( Federal) through Express entry. I have also received a job offer from a IT company. I intend to visit to canada in a months time. I have the following concerns and appreciate your support in finding a solution.

1. Can i bring my mother through Super Visa right now
2. What are the chances and how to apply for something which would help me to bring my mother to canada.
First off you have to have moved to Canada before you apply. CIC usually requires you to submit an NOA with a supervisa and proof that you meet LICO. Starting a job only is your theoretical income. CIC wants to prevent parents from moving with their children if they have just received PR. You are likely not going to be able together a supervisa for 6 months to a year. Parents without PR are always just visitors. You can eventually apply for PGP but you are likely looking at minimum 3+ years. If your mother can get a TRV she can come to visit. The TRV will only be granted if she is her own savings, a good travel history and strong ties to their home country.

roshveen

Feb 14, 2018
First off you have to have moved to Canada before you apply. CIC usually requires you to submit an NOA with a supervisa and proof that you meet LICO. Starting a job only is your theoretical income. CIC wants to prevent parents from moving with their children if they have just received PR. You are likely not going to be able together a supervisa for 6 months to a year. Parents without PR are always just visitors. You can eventually apply for PGP but you are likely looking at minimum 3+ years. If your mother can get a TRV she can come to visit. The TRV will only be granted if she is her own savings, a good travel history and strong ties to their home country.

Thank you very much