May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
tanvir.hossain said:
My sister applied for both my parents and brother in mid of January 2016 as PR and we received a letter end of November, 2016 wrote that need to test DNA for proving relationship with my sister. So we paid the fees and waiting for sample collection, now it's under process. At the mean time my sister wants to apply for tourist visa for my parents. Is the any conflict for the both process..................
Suggestion will be highly appreciable
No Conflict at all. Go ahead and apply for Super visa or TRV for parents. I have done numerous time while PR application is still in progress.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
mikeymyke said:
If your parents are coming here on the super visa, they're not allowed to be working, so they won't be able to pay any taxes into the system anyway.

Also if you're sponsoring your parents, I don't know how long it normally takes for folks in the US, but for other countries, typically it takes about 4 years as mentioned, just for the income requirement of sponsor, plus another 4-5 years processing. So it'd be total 8-9 years from the time you start working in Canada until your parents will land as PRs
Oh, they can't work on a Super Visa. My parents are retired and receive a pension from their previous employment. I would assume that they would need to claim that income and file taxes as a resident in Canada, even under a Super Visa. So, that's where I'm coming from in my thinking of them paying taxes and not getting the benefit of those tax dollars. Anyways, it is what it is, I suppose. Thanks for the info on the time frames.

shampy2009 said:
The same reason anyone else coming to Canada qualifies...though they are new, they will be paying taxes just like everyone else. (Didn't Understand what you mean? your'e referring a new Immigrant as a PR?)

Besides the 3-month waiting period, why not, considering they will pay taxes and contribute to the economy? ( Really don't know what are you referring to?) I know it isn't that way, but it isn't completely ridiculous to think that it could be.
No, I wasn't referring to them as a PR but was thinking along the lines of my response above. That should clarify what I meant.

siamu

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
I have an important question -

Can the Super Visa be applied for in ANY embassy (and country) or only the embassy of country the parents have citizenship of?

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
I have an important question -

Can the Super Visa be applied for in ANY embassy (and country) or only the embassy of country the parents have citizenship of?
It depends, if they have legal status in another country other than their country of citizenship, they can apply from there. By legal status I don't mean on visitor visa in another country but living in that country on study permit, work permit or with permanent residency.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting for my permanent resident card. Therefore, can I still apply for my mother's super visa using the Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter?

Jun 8, 2017
HI Team,

Could you please advise that is it possible now to apply for supervisa , while holding a valid multiple entry visa (expired in Nov 2018)?

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
HI Team,

Could you please advise that is it possible now to apply for supervisa , while holding a valid multiple entry visa (expired in Nov 2018)?
I think your passport expiry date is also Nov 2018? right? Visa offices don't issue visa beyond expiry of passport. Even if you apply for supervise it will not be for 10 years rather only up to the expiry of the passport. Secondly, even you have super visa it is still not guarantee that visa officer allow two year stay at the time of entry.

Your best option is to submit application to extend the stay from within Canada one month before expiry of valid visa. Once you get new passport then apply for super visa.

Jun 8, 2017
Thanks rightback for your reply!

But for supervisa, my parent need to leave Canada? because they don't allow to get visa counterfoil (Visa sticker for re-entry purpose) within Canada
So, for supervisa fshould I apply following steps?

1) First I renew passport for 10 years
2) Then apply supervisa right after to get their new passports, however they hold valid multiple visa (till Nov 2018)?

MSPK

Jun 14, 2017
I am planning to apply super visa for my mom who is already staying with us in Canada on visitor visa for last 2 months. In 2018, She is planning to travel India and come back after a month. Will the super visa allow this break from Canada and continue for the remaining duration (likely 1.5 years). If she plans to visit US after obtaining super visa, would the same principle applies? Thanks in advance for providing inputs here.

Civia

Jun 17, 2017
Hi all,
I have a question on which I couldn't find straight answer here on forum or anywhere else. So, my parents have super visa since 2014, upon visa was granted (valid for 10 years) they came to Canada and stayed for one year and then returned back home. They had required medical insurance for the whole period they stayed in the country. Now, they're planing to come and visit us again, but this time only for 4 months.
My question is: could they enter the contry with super visa, but without of medical insurance if they have no intention of staying longer than 6 months?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Any Syrians out there who applied for supervisa or TRV for parents still living in Syria? Were you successful??

C.

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
My father is a cancer patient,he is stable but on medication.Can he get s Super visa?
If I go for TRV can he stay longer than 6 months and if yes for how long.I understand an extension can be taken but what is the duration of that extension and can it be taken again and again.

Also,I am not sure if insurance for him will be available as he is a cancer patient.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My father is a cancer patient,he is stable but on medication.Can he get s Super visa?
If I go for TRV can he stay longer than 6 months and if yes for how long.I understand an extension can be taken but what is the duration of that extension and can it be taken again and again.

Also,I am not sure if insurance for him will be available as he is a cancer patient.
He can certainly try to apply for a super visa but given his medical condition, there's unfortunately a decent chance he will be refused. But again - you can try. It's unlikely you will find insurance that will cover the cancer since it's a pre-existing condition. If he comes to Canada, you need to be prepared to pay for any health care he requires related to the cancer out of your own pocket. This could very quickly amount to tens of thousands of dollars - even hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If he is successful in obtaining a TRV and wants to extend his stay - whether the extension is approved will be entirely up to CIC (none of us can guess what will happen). Typically extensions are six months. You can apply for multiple extensions but should expect he will be refused sooner or later and sent home.

I think the biggest issue you're probably facing is the cost his health care in Canada and how you are to pay for it. Again, you should assume any health care issues he has in Canada related to the cancer will not be covered.

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
He can certainly try to apply for a super visa but given his medical condition, there's unfortunately a decent chance he will be refused. But again - you can try. It's unlikely you will find insurance that will cover the cancer since it's a pre-existing condition. If he comes to Canada, you need to be prepared to pay for any health care he requires related to the cancer out of your own pocket. This could very quickly amount to tens of thousands of dollars - even hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If he is successful in obtaining a TRV and wants to extend his stay - whether the extension is approved will be entirely up to CIC (none of us can guess what will happen). Typically extensions are six months. You can apply for multiple extensions but should expect he will be refused sooner or later and sent home.

I think the biggest issue you're probably facing is the cost his health care in Canada and how you are to pay for it. Again, you should assume any health care issues he has in Canada related to the cancer will not be covered.
Thanks for your reply,i choose to migrate to canada for a reason since parents can stay with me.

I am not sure is there any way for hom.to staykya with me for atleast 7-8 months in a year and then remaining in india if not the full time.

Is it worth to consult a lawyer and see if something can be done on a humanitarian grounds