20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janpreet said:
Sorry that is not true. In fact CIC do not even ask for your employment verification at all.

They are only interested in NOAs from last three consecutive taxation years.
You are incorrect. CIC will and do have the right to determine that you do maintain the LICOS during the entire PR process. There is a link. I will provide when I can.

So before your parents/grandparents land, CIC will ask for your NOA's for the years up to your parent's planned landing to prove that you have maintained your LICO. Once they determined you failed the LICO during the process, they will abort the sponsorship.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
janpreet said:
Sorry that is not true. In fact CIC do not even ask for your employment verification at all.
Yes it is true. This is from CIC:
c. Lengthening the period for demonstrating the MNI from one year to three years for sponsors of PGPs
Requiring prospective sponsors of PGPs to provide evidence of income over a three-year period, as opposed to 12 months, would demonstrate greater stability in employment earnings and make it difficult to temporarily inflate income. Lengthening the period for demonstrating the MNI to three years may be perceived as an administrative and/or financial burden on some prospective sponsors of PGPs, such as those who are not in stable occupations. However, a lengthened demonstration period is a more reliable indicator of a sponsor’s financial stability and ability to adequately support their PGPs and their accompanying family members throughout the sponsorship undertaking period. As with increasing the income threshold, this regulatory change would meet the objectives of ensuring sponsors are better able to support their PGPs thereby improving the fiscal sustainability of the PGP program.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Meeting LICO+30% for 3 years does not have anything to do with how much tax you contributed, or somehow showing you have contributed enough in taxes to pay for parents future expenses....
You keep repeating same thing over and over again I already answered that.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
janpreet said:
Yes but obviously you didn't read the reasons directly from CIC on why they implemented that new rule, as your thinking that it's to ensure you've paid more taxes... is completely wrong.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes it is true. This is from CIC:
c. Lengthening the period for demonstrating the MNI from one year to three years for sponsors of PGPs
Requiring prospective sponsors of PGPs to provide evidence of income over a three-year period, as opposed to 12 months, would demonstrate greater stability in employment earnings and make it difficult to temporarily inflate income. Lengthening the period for demonstrating the MNI to three years may be perceived as an administrative and/or financial burden on some prospective sponsors of PGPs, such as those who are not in stable occupations. However, a lengthened demonstration period is a more reliable indicator of a sponsor's financial stability and ability to adequately support their PGPs and their accompanying family members throughout the sponsorship undertaking period. As with increasing the income threshold, this regulatory change would meet the objectives of ensuring sponsors are better able to support their PGPs thereby improving the fiscal sustainability of the PGP program.
Of course I never disagreed with that but my point was CIC does not ask for Employment verification. They only ask for NOAs. You can go through document checklist and verify if they ask for any job verification documents.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janpreet said:
As Rob mentioned above, the 3 years LICO requirements has nothing to do with making sure your 30% more will be enough to cover your parents medical expenses for their remaining life in Canada.

The 3 year requirement is use to show job stability in supporting your parents. Nothing to say that the 30% extra will go to cover future medical cost.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
janpreet said:
Of course I never disagreed with that but my point was CIC does not ask for Employment verification. They only ask for NOAs. You can go through document checklist and verify if they ask for any job verification documents.
CIC assumes that if you meet LICO + 30% for 3 years, and meet it during processing and right up until your parents land so could be 6 or so years in total... then you have a stable job.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janpreet said:
No CIC does not look for employment verification. That is not their job. They want verified income which they will get with CRA, option c printout and NOA. So if you lost your job and went on EI for a year, CIC is going to notice that in the NOA. If it doesn't meet the LICO during sponsorship, you can lose sponsorship.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes but obviously you didn't read the reasons directly from CIC on why they implemented that new rule, as your thinking that it's to ensure you've paid more taxes... is completely wrong.
It is taxes and other factors not just one factor. I have already mentioned number of factors many times before outlining why Parents immigration is not a bad thing.

You are untitled to your opinion but fact remain CIC allows me to sponsor my parents. You can come says whatever you want online it really doesn't matter or hold any value.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
screech339 said:
No CIC does not look for employment verification. That is not their job. They want verified income which they will get with CRA, option c printout and NOA. So if you lost your job and went on EI for a year, CIC is going to notice that in the NOA. If it doesn't meet the LICO during sponsorship, you can lose sponsorship.
I don't know what you are trying to convey. It was claimed that CIC wants to verify your employment but fact is CICdont ask for employment verification.

If you go on EI, that will affect your ability to contribute hence you will not be able to sponsor.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janpreet said:
It is taxes and other factors not just one factor. I have already mentioned number of factors many times before outlining why Parents immigration is not a bad thing.

You are untitled to your opinion but fact remain CIC allows me to sponsor my parents. You can come says whatever you want online it really doesn't matter or hold any value.
You are entitled to sponsor your parents but just so you know, you must also maintain your LICO + 30% during the entire parent PR process.

We are just letting you know that just because you must provide 30% more of LICO, doesn't mean that 30% for 3 year is going to cover your parents future medical needs.

I still stand by that parents / grandparents do put a strain on the medical care finances since 10 years of employment if they did work, will not be enough to cover their actual medical care if needed. It is not like they were born here, worked 40-50 years of paying taxes towards medical care to the time they retire.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janpreet said:
I don't know what you are trying to convey. It was claimed that CIC wants to verify your employment but fact is CICdont ask for employment verification.

If you go on EI, that will affect your ability to contribute hence you will not be able to sponsor.
Going on EI after you submit your parents sponsorship will also affect your ability to sponsor as well. If CIC sees your income drop below LICO after your submitted your parents PR sponsorship, CIC can cancel your sponsorship.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
janpreet said:
I never said sponsoring parents was a bad thing. What i was saying is that it needs to be carefully done, as the lifetime costs in sponsoring parents costs all Canadians, not just the sponsors that bring them over.

Also i'm not sure why you think taxes paid to date are a factor. CIC clearly explained the specific reasons they changed the rules, and taxes paid is not one of them nor is it mentioned at all. CIC only cares about steady income at a certain level, that they equate with job stability. So that is just your own opinion, but not reflective of CIC's.

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
screech339 said:
You are entitled to sponsor your parents but just so you know, you must also maintain your LICO + 30% during the entire parent PR process.

We are just letting you know that just because you must provide 30% more of LICO, doesn't mean that 30% for 3 year is going to cover your parents future medical needs.

I still stand by that parents / grandparents do put a strain on the medical care finances since 10 years of employment if they did work, will not be enough to cover their actual medical care if needed. It is not like they were born here, worked 40-50 years of paying taxes towards medical care to the time they retire.

Screech339
It makes me sad and laugh at same time when everything is only about profit and loss for some people.
Everyone who does not work or cannot work or they have special circumstances which stop them from working is not always a liability.
If we go by that logic; children, disables, house makers etc should be kicked out as they are only putting strain on the system.

I so glad and proud of our Nation that majority of us do not think like this :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janpreet said:
It makes me sad and laugh at same time when everything is only about profit and loss for some people.
Everyone who does not work or cannot work or they have special circumstances which stop them from working is not always a liability.
If we go by that logic; children, disables, house makers etc should be kicked out as they are only putting strain on the system.

I so glad and proud of our Nation that majority of us do not think like this :)
I agree with you that children and disabled and those who don't work do put a strain on the health care too. But they are now here in Canada. We just don't want to add more strain to the existing problem by adding more parents/grandparents that never contributed their whole lives.

BTW: the disabled can work as well. Try telling them that they can't work. Good luck with that.