+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

I am trying to understand whether we could submit second application without withdrawing the first application as it adds further delay (waiting till withdrawal is approved and then submit the 2nd application).

Looks like in the case of multiple applications, we can choose which application should be processed first and which one should be kept on hold.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?wbdisable=true

Excerpt from the above link:

Application on hold

• If the client does not wish to withdraw an application, the client can choose which application is processed first. A note will be put on the other application and the local office or the CPC-S will hold it pending the outcome of the chosen application.

So looks like we can safely submit another application and let CPC-S know that we want this one to be processed first. Please let me know if anyone has different view on this. Thanks.
What about fees? What about taking the test again? etc. etc. I'm just trying to understand the value of doing this complex manouvre in an already opaque system/process.

wink

May 25, 2021
What about fees? What about taking the test again? etc. etc. I'm just trying to understand the value of doing this complex manouvre in an already opaque system/process.
Maybe it gives some idea for the cases where nothing happened after AOR. And of course for the people who are ready to forgo the fee paid.

It is clear from the memo that they have more resources (agents) to process paper application compared to e-appl and most of the personnel yet to get trained to process e-appl, as of March'22. Not sure how long it would take for this to change.

And we are just trying to think through... before doing something...

Reactions: HAchar and 8494193

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
On the website it says they are processing AOR for the week of may 9th 2022. I applied June 1st. Does that mean I will receive my AOR in about 3-4 weeks?

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
Reactions: ycheng and A_S

iceman55

May 1, 2022

They did not realize that online applicants would send duplicate paper applications when their unfair game plan got exposed. :rolleyes:
How did you apply originally? If you applied online, are you now planning to file a duplicate paper application?

Reactions: saou17

Prince5

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay
So, it is obvious that this is unfair. (online application Oct 21 here)
We can vent here on a web forum. We can also individually call IRCC. In both cases, this will not change anything.
Only Public pressure and the media can help (They did say that media attention has been limited).
If someone tweeted this document to the media and all of us retweeted, Maybe something will move.
We just need a link to a tweet and i am pretty sure with at least 500 people on this Forum, we can make a bit of noise

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Wow, this is incredible. I applied online in March 2022 and received an AOR in 1 month.

My family just applied last week on paper. Had I known this, I would have just held on to my application and applied with the family. I thought it would be first in and first out and 3 months was plenty of head start.

This is so demoralizing.

I also noticed this in my March 2022 thread, people who have sent applications on paper are moving to tests in 2-3 months. Not a single online applicant has moved that fast.

Heck, some people in MAY 2022 are getting AORs in 4 days on their paper applications.

• Wow
Reactions: saou17

wink

May 25, 2021
@wksj , appreciate if can let us know what kind of information you are expecting to receive from your pending ATIP request. Would it cover what is IRCC's plan for online applications for 2022-23? Thanks.

Reactions: thuong

rramazan

Jan 5, 2020
Can we share this document with news outlets? Maybe media coverage will make a difference, or at least force the IRCC to formally respond

Reactions: Rorosgurl