+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

LeCalgarien

Apr 21, 2022
Can we share this document with news outlets? Maybe media coverage will make a difference, or at least force the IRCC to formally respond
Please keep in mind that the document is regarding the 2021-2022 fiscal year, which ended on March. We are in the 2022-2023 fiscal year now.

Reactions: iceman55

wink

May 25, 2021
As @wksj is not responding to my question, if anyone else know/share info on how to file atip request and what should be the wordings to get details on ircc's 2022-23 plan/strategy for e-apps, please share it here. so that someone else can file a request as well. I remember some discussions in the past that the wordings are important when placing a request to get the right data we wanted. Thanks.

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Procedures for the processing of multiple general applications
There are times when clients decide to file a second application when they already have an active application for the same case type. This can occur, for example, when applicants realize they do not meet the residence requirements in the first application. In general, the CPC-S accepts the second application and enters a bring forward (BF) date until the outcome of the first application is known. The second application will remain on hold pending the outcome of the first application. The CPC-S usually contacts the holder of the initial file to determine what action should be taken depending on the circumstances of the case.
Withdrawal
  • If the client chooses to withdraw the first application, the CPC-S will send a withdrawal form to the client. Once the signed withdrawal form is received, the CPC-S will inform the local office. The local office will return the first file to the CPC-S who will close off the file and proceed with any refunds. The CPC-S will enter the second application into the system and send it to the local office for processing.
  • If the client chooses to withdraw the second application, the CPC-S will send a withdrawal form to the client. The CPC-S will close off the file and proceed with any refunds once the signed withdrawal form is received.
  • If the application is withdrawn before the “capture” stage is completed, the total fee is returned. If the application is closed off after the “capture” stage is completed, then only the Right of Citizenship fee is refunded.
Application on hold
  • If the client does not wish to withdraw an application, the client can choose which application is processed first. A note will be put on the other application and the local office or the CPC-S will hold it pending the outcome of the chosen application.
  • If the application is successful, the application on hold will be designated "incomplete", the file retired and the appropriate fees returned.
  • If the application is unsuccessful, the suspended application is released from hold and processing continued.
  • The client should be instructed to advise CIC if their application is unsuccessful in order to ensure that their second application is released from hold and processed promptly.
So we have a few different things to consider here if we are going apply by paper

1. What is the plan for year 22-23.
If their plan is good then online be processed faster than paper. Either way judging by the amount of time it will take to get that report for us to even confirm this is their plan it will take two months the very least. One thing for sure is online applicants are entirely frozen like the weather.

2. Withdraw or chose which one to process.
Withdraw makes no sense incase one move faster than the other and we bet on the wrong horse. That said the current AOR time is only 1-2 weeks at the moment for paper (source: 2022 sheet). Since it says we select which one to process I guess use that option is good. But no idea how to express this selection. if anyone knows please share.

3. Update application
I think the physical presence calculation (and maybe other info, can't recall right now) will need to corrected for the new application. Also if you left country to home, US etc might will need to be added I guess. What a pain?!

3. Lastly Cost
Their instructions say fee will be refunded for one application and even if it's not the case. IMO its a small price for time, peace and freedom.

Let me know if I've missed something and what everything is thinking about applying again.

Reactions: smash1984

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
@ycheng did you withdraw your online application or did you put that on hold? Can you share the process for informing IRCC about a previous application?
I sent a paper application package along with an application to withdraw the online application.
You can find my comments in this thread before for more details.

Reactions: Zain.Lugo

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
This is a very detailed inquiry and when they release this information I hope they tell us that they have finish training the new staff and that they will process the online applications at the same time as the paper applications. I hope that they haven't completely abandoned the online applications because they may get a wave of duplicate applications from persons who think online apps are no longer working .

Reactions: saou17

indimmigrant

Jan 25, 2018
@ycheng @wksj Thank you for sharing the information. May I know why you are recommending to withdraw the online application when applying by paper while they both can stay active and we can choose which to be processed depending on the progress?

@wink posted the link about the guidance on processing application in this thread and he shared the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?wbdisable=true

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
@ycheng @wksj Thank you for sharing the information. May I know why you are recommending to withdraw the online application when applying by paper while they both can stay active and we can choose which to be processed depending on the progress?

@wink posted the link about the guidance on processing application in this thread and he shared the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?wbdisable=true
Hmm, I did not know about that option when I decided to do it actually. It is kinda too late now I guess. So I will just go with one paper application then

Reactions: indimmigrant

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
My MP's office says they cannot do anything about it, they can only relay information about my application status, and that I should contact the IRCC through their call centre agents with no authority to do anything or contact the minister who does not even care to reply. :D I thought they were elected to represent the people but I guess they don't care until we are actually citizens, or maybe they don't care at all. Well guess who won't be getting my vote when I have the right.

Reactions: saou17 and ycheng