+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

bjn

May 29, 2024
Hi everyone
I hope everything goes well for all of you, I have a question and I appreciate you if guide me .
I received pre-arrival email today, how long does it take to receive ppr?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: himankkohli6

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi everyone
I hope everything goes well for all of you, I have a question and I appreciate you if guide me .
Thanks in advance
Congratulations wich VO are you

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone
Thanks in advance
I don’t think there’s a set general rule for everybody. Sometimes it may depend on the visa office. I got pre-arrival in April and PPR this August.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjn

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Hi everyone
Thanks in advance
Like others have said ,no specific order depends on the office. I got both same day within hours so you never can tell

Reactions: bjn

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
As a protected person if I apply for my PR and for my spouse overseas approx how long will we take to get it done ?
I am in Ontario
And my spouse in Pakistan
The processing time on the IRCC website presently stands at 51 months for overseas dependents of protected persons. This is just a guide because some get it way before, some before and some after. Everything depends.

Last edited:

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
The processing time on the IRCC website presently stands at 51 months for overseas dependents of protected persons. This is just a guide because some get it way before, some before and some after Everything depends.
Depends on what if I may ask?
Coz I have a situation to deal with and that depends on PR

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Is there any way to expedite the PR process?
This question is a bit ambiguous. Is it for a protected person, dependent of a protected person or for just anyone with immigration intentions?

One way to expedite PR is to apply through Express Entry or by investment in Canada. It’s faster this way all things being equal.

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
This question is a bit ambiguous. Is it for a protected person, dependent of a protected person or for just anyone with immigration intentions?

One way to expedite PR is to apply through Express Entry or by investment in Canada. It’s faster this way all things being equal.
It’s for my spouse overseas
Unfortunately he cant invest or go with express entry both