+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
For refugees, is there a need for photographic evidence of a relationship or proof of a relationship with their spouse abroad? My advisor said that it is not required for refugees either. Ankara office.Does the office want additional documentation regarding this?
Can you share your timeline please?

armando21

Jun 15, 2024
Can you share your timeline please?
December 2023 main applicant and co-applicant applied pr
July 2024 main applicant received PR
August 2024 Ankara VO requested biometric, health test and documents.
To save time, I am thinking of adding the relationship proof to the file with webform without them asking, how is this idea?

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
To save time, I am thinking of adding the relationship proof to the file with webform without them asking, how is this idea?
Most times they always ask, I'm not sure there is anyone that has been dependant granted PR recently that they didn't ask .

Secondly I want to suggest you adhere strictly to their instructions. Don't give or send anything they didn't ask you to avoid unnecessary complications. Just follow them with patience and prayer.
Good luck

armando21

Jun 15, 2024
Most times they always ask, I'm not sure there is anyone that has been dependant granted PR recently that they didn't ask .

Secondly I want to suggest you adhere strictly to their instructions. Don't give or send anything they didn't ask you to avoid unnecessary complications. Just follow them with patience and prayer.
Good luck
Thank you very much for your suggestion. You are right.I think it would be best to wait.

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Thank you very much for your suggestion. You are right.I think it would be best to wait.
I'm glad you find it worthy. Just be patient, it will come at the right time. I waited for 53 months. It wasn't easy but it works. Though that doesn't mean you will wait that long too but all I'm saying is patience is key when IRCC is involved.

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
It's really fast you mean in 7 months main applicant got their pr . Good for you congratulations hope you will get yours soon

SPeace

Aug 14, 2024
Hello everybody,
How many photos do I need to upload in PR online portal? I have family of 6. If I upload 2 copies (front and back) in jpg format for each member then I have 12 digital copies in jpg format. The max. no. allowed is 10. Any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

Hopper

Jul 23, 2024
Been lurking this thread for a while. Finally I can contribute since I just collected my passport today from New Delhi VO.

Overseas Dependent 1:
Biometric Request - July 16th
Biometric Done - July 19th
Medical Request - July 22nd
Medical Done - August 5th
Passport Request - August 8th
Passport Submitted - August 13th
Passport Collected - September 9th

Overseas Dependent 2:
Nothing after that.

The first dependent got his ppr letter 4 months after the PA got his COPR. Talking with lawyers and other applicants I've found that this is an exception and it usually doesn't progress this quick. Nothing has progressed for the second dependent after biometrics though. I've submitted a web form about it but I've yet to hear anything back.

mafghan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hi,

Are you an overseas dependent of In-Canada protected person (refugee)?

Did you get request for Medical on the same date when you were asked for Biometrics?

mafghan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2022
Been lurking this thread for a while. Finally I can contribute since I just collected my passport today from New Delhi VO.

Overseas Dependent 1:
Medical Request - July 22nd
Medical Done - August 5th
Passport Request - August 8th
Passport Submitted - August 13th
Passport Collected - September 9th

Overseas Dependent 2:
Nothing after that.

The first dependent got his ppr letter 4 months after the PA got his COPR. Talking with lawyers and other applicants I've found that this is an exception and it usually doesn't progress this quick. Nothing has progressed for the second dependent after biometrics though. I've submitted a web form about it but I've yet to hear anything back.
Hi,

Are you an overseas dependent of In-Canada protected person (refugee)?

mafghan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2022
i am refugee.
I am trying to bring my wife to Canada. Biometrics and health requests came at the same time. Ankara office
I hope you are able to unit with your family soon and I wish you all the best

Are you aware of anyone else from Turkey whose case is being processed at a similar pace to your?

Reactions: himankkohli6

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hello, my visa office had requested a “marriage certificate” back in november 2023. Now they are requesting a “copy of the marriage certificate”. Does anyone know why?

mafghan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hello, my visa office had requested a “marriage certificate” back in november 2023. Now they are requesting a “copy of the marriage certificate”. Does anyone know why?
It’s hard to say for sure, but sometimes they request documents again as part of their verification process. The good news is that your file is being processed, at least there is some progress, so stay positive! Just submit the requested documents, and hopefully, things will move forward smoothly