+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Depends on what if I may ask?
Coz I have a situation to deal with and that depends on PR
Your country, your region, the person handling your file etc. verification of documents and response from some government agencies takes longer than necessary in some countries. Locating an address in India may be more difficult than locating one in The Netherlands for example.

Christtop

Apr 24, 2024
Hi fam, I heard dependants overseas of protected persons usually attend an interview during the processing of their PR? How does that work? Thank you.

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
Your country, your region, the person handling your file etc. verification of documents and response from some government agencies takes longer than necessary in some countries. Locating an address in India may be more difficult than locating one in The Netherlands for example.
Understood ….
thank u for ur time and help with explanation.
Appreciate it

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Hey everyone I have a really different question, so my dependent overseas is a colombian citizen but he came to my country 3 years ago and we met there and started our relationship.
He couldn’t get a visa so I am in Canada by myself. When I add him to my PR application is it makes more sense for him to go back to Colombia for the PILOT program? Any answers are welcome. Thanks in advance

Reactions: himankkohli6

Ezio3000

Apr 13, 2024
Hey everyone I have a really different question, so my dependent overseas is a colombian citizen but he came to my country 3 years ago and we met there and started our relationship.
He couldn’t get a visa so I am in Canada by myself. When I add him to my PR application is it makes more sense for him to go back to Colombia for the PILOT program? Any answers are welcome. Thanks in advance
If your talking about the family reunification pilot, I was asking about that in this forum but nobody answered it, in the official IRCC website one of the eligibility criteria to be included in the pilot is if you have applied between 2019 and 2020 but I am seeing that even recent applicants are getting the letter and in one of the IRCC links which was updated recently it mentions the eligible regions and does not say anything about the year of application so if u have found that information I.e. that the program is still in place I think it's a good idea to try cuz it's faster obviously.

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
If your talking about the family reunification pilot, I was asking about that in this forum but nobody answered it, in the official IRCC website one of the eligibility criteria to be included in the pilot is if you have applied between 2019 and 2020 but I am seeing that even recent applicants are getting the letter and in one of the IRCC links which was updated recently it mentions the eligible regions and does not say anything about the year of application so if u have found that information I.e. that the program is still in place I think it's a good idea to try cuz it's faster obviously.
Thank you so much for such a detailed answer, yeah I thought it was december 2019 until december 2020, but you are saying it’s still valid? So it’s a great idea for him to go back to colombia and we can start process there, by the way does he have to stay in colombia all these time? Or can he go back and forth?

Ezio3000

Apr 13, 2024
Thank you so much for such a detailed answer, yeah I thought it was december 2019 until december 2020, but you are saying it’s still valid? So it’s a great idea for him to go back to colombia and we can start process there, by the way does he have to stay in colombia all these time? Or can he go back and forth?
that's also my question , I don't know if they are still doing concurrent processing for the eligible regions. I have seen some 2021 2022 as well as 2023 applicants get the letter in this forum but haven't asked other protected persons or consultants regarding the case. Have you met someone in person recently who has gotten the letter??

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
that's also my question , I don't know if they are still doing concurrent processing for the eligible regions. I have seen some 2021 2022 as well as 2023 applicants get the letter in this forum but haven't asked other protected persons or consultants regarding the case. Have you met someone in person recently who has gotten the letter??
Nope I haven’t, I haven’t seen anyone who got letters regarding this case also, are you sure they haven’t applied before 2020 December? And we tried to contact with Canadian Embassy in Bogota but they said we should submit a webform.

Ezio3000

Apr 13, 2024
Nope I haven’t, I haven’t seen anyone who got letters regarding this case also, are you sure they haven’t applied before 2020 December? And we tried to contact with Canadian Embassy in Bogota but they said we should submit a webform.
search concurrent pilot letter on the bar above and You will see people who have

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I have a question can overseas dependents of protected person apply for work permit if they came to canada on a tourist visa
A friend of mine came to Toronto on a TRV. His family are Protected Persons and already on PR. He applied for work permit and after not getting a response for 8 months despite following up with their MP’s office, he traveled back to his home country to wait out the processing of his PR application.

It may be different for others, who knows. There’s no harm in trying. However, I will advise they don’t stay beyond 6 months if it’s not working out.

armando21

Jun 15, 2024
For refugees, is there a need for photographic evidence of a relationship or proof of a relationship with their spouse abroad? My advisor said that it is not required for refugees either. Ankara office.Does the office want additional documentation regarding this?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
For refugees, is there a need for photographic evidence of a relationship or proof of a relationship with their spouse abroad? My advisor said that it is not required for refugees either. Ankara office.Does the office want additional documentation regarding this?
They can ask. Depends of your situation. My partner with me in Canada. They asked from me.