+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
It’s just God wow principal applicant was processed in just 16 months and dependent 28 months, and to top it all up in Accra I tap from this grace ijn.
HI, THANKS FOR YOUR UPDATES ON HERE. I HAVE BEEN A QUIET MEMBER.
JESUS HAS HELPED ME TO SECURE MY PR AND THIS IS MY TIMELINE BELOW.

MY SPOUSE APPLIED FOR PR FOR BOTH OF US IN APRIL 2022 (I AM OVERSEA DEPENDENT BASED IN NIGERIA).
MY SPOUSE GOT HER PR JULY 2023 AND THREE DAYS AFTER MY FILE WAS TRANSFERRED TO ACCRA GHANA FOR PROCESSING.
I GOT PRE ARRIVAL IN AUGUST 2023
I GOT MEDICAL REQUEST IN SEPTMEBER 2023
THEN LONG SILENCE
REQUESTED GCMS IN JAN/FEB 2024 AND SAW ALL THINGS DONE EXCEPT SCEURITY BACKGROUND ONGOING
WROTE MP FOR HELP BUT NO FEEDBACK FROM IRCC EVEN AFTER MP WROTE IRCC
MY SPOUSE AND I KEPT BELIVEING IN JESUS THROUGH PRAYER AND CALMNESS.
IN JUNE 2024 MY SPOUSE WROTE A COMPASSIONATE LETTER AND SENT TO THE MINSITER'S OFFICE (AS INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF JESUS ON OUR INSIDE)
ON JULY 11TH 2024, I GOT PPR.
I AM CURRENTLY WRITING YOU FROM CANADA!
JESUS DID IT FOR ME! NO MAN ,NOT EVEN MY PARENT COULD HELP, JESUS DID THIS!
I WISH EVRYONE HERE THE BEST.I RECOMMEND PRAYER , TRUST IN GOD AND CALMNESS. NO NEGATIVE ENERGY. AVOID NEGATIVE POST. ABSORB POSITIVE POST.
It’s just God wow principal applicant was processed in just 16 months and dependent 28 months, and to top it all up in Accra I tap from this grace ijn.

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hello

my dependent in home country received biometric request some few days before which is already done my question is when my son will receive medical request and my second question is can we link dependent application to GCKEY which is also start from G and with which category

Reactions: himankkohli6

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello

my dependent in home country received biometric request some few days before which is already done my question is when my son will receive medical request and my second question is can we link dependent application to GCKEY which is also start from G and with which category
Only IRCC knows when it’s time to make any requests of any applicant. Nobody here can tell you that because their request are not in any particular order.

You cannot link the dependent application to a GCKey. They will continue to reach the dependent through email. You can also check the status using the Client Application Status tool.

Last edited:

Homelonely

Jul 12, 2022
Hello everyone. I'm here to thank the Almighty God for finally answering me and also to encouraging everyone on the waiting list

Application received March 15, 2020
Start processing March 17 2021
Sent a correspondence April 7th 2021
Additional documents, proof of communication July 10, 2023
Medical request June 19th 2024
P PR August 6th 2024
Processing time 53 months

VO Accra Ghana

God grant everyone speed in Jesus name. Amen
Congratulations. I hope to be like you someday soon. Right now let me go and find somewhere to chill off somewhere in Europe. I refuse to let IRCC deflate my balloon of hope.

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Congratulations. I hope to be like you someday soon. Right now let me go and find somewhere to chill off somewhere in Europe. I refuse to let IRCC deflate my balloon of hope.
Yes oo, I totally agree with you. Please cool and relax yourself. If you escape IRCC then you move to ticket and airline wahala again. My brother no be small something

Honeygold

Aug 13, 2024
Hello. My husband and my son also applied for a TRV but were denied. Our application is now 32 months. We are thinking of reapplying. Can we get some advice from you. Thank you

Reactions: himankkohli6

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Timelines
April 9, 2021:
Principal applicant submitted application for PR which included a dependent outside Canada.

Nov. 16, 2021:
Through eCAS, processing started.

CPC Mississauga sent email to dependent outside Canada to complete the following;
a. Generic Application Form IMM 0008
b. Schedule A, Background Declaration IMM 5669.
c. Additional Family Information IMM 5406
d. Supplementary information-Your travels IMM 5562
e. Use of Representative IMM 5476
f. Data page of passport
g. Birth Certificate
h. Police Certificate
i. Marriage Certificate or Proof of Common-Law Relationship
j. Proof of Relationship
k. Divorce Certificate
l. Biometric Fees.
m. Missing Documents

All to be sent via Webform.

Jan. 11, 2022:
Dependent submitted the completed forms and other requests.

May 11, 2022:
Dependent’s file transferred to Accra visa office.

June 14, 2022:
Principal Applicant (me) & dependents in Canada became a PR.

June 27, 2022:
Principal applicant & dependents in Canada received PR Cards by mail.

July 22, 2022:
Accra visa office via email demanded the following from dependent outside Canada: Generic application form IMM 0008, Additional family information IMM 5406, Data page of passport, Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate.

August 8, 2022:
Dependent outside Canada submitted the forms & documents requested.

April 5, 2024:
Medical Request letter.

Police Certificate, Proof of payment for biometrics, Schedule A, Background information IMM 5669 & Supplementary Information- Your travels IMM 5562

April 6, 2024:
Pre-arrival email

April 13, 2024:
Dependent submitted all the forms & documents requested.

April 25, 2024:
Dependent had his medical.

May 11, 2024:
eCAS, medical results have been received.

August 14, 2024:
Passport Request.