+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

AF006

Jun 29, 2024
With the escalating conditions in Beirut it is really hard to predict what would happen
I hope that we all stay safe

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
Honestly I understand your pain however I would advise you devise a coping mechanism because when it gets to IRCC, please expect anything.
My application made 53 months yesterday and I'm still waiting on them. I'm not scaring you just preparing your mind. I pray God intervene for everyone on the waiting list. Amen
Sorry to ask, Why didn’t you apply for family sponsorship when the principal applicant became a permanent resident.

Jun 3, 2024
HI, THANKS FOR YOUR UPDATES ON HERE. I HAVE BEEN A QUIET MEMBER.
JESUS HAS HELPED ME TO SECURE MY PR AND THIS IS MY TIMELINE BELOW.

MY SPOUSE APPLIED FOR PR FOR BOTH OF US IN APRIL 2022 (I AM OVERSEA DEPENDENT BASED IN NIGERIA).
MY SPOUSE GOT HER PR JULY 2023 AND THREE DAYS AFTER MY FILE WAS TRANSFERRED TO ACCRA GHANA FOR PROCESSING.
I GOT PRE ARRIVAL IN AUGUST 2023
I GOT MEDICAL REQUEST IN SEPTMEBER 2023
THEN LONG SILENCE
REQUESTED GCMS IN JAN/FEB 2024 AND SAW ALL THINGS DONE EXCEPT SCEURITY BACKGROUND ONGOING
WROTE MP FOR HELP BUT NO FEEDBACK FROM IRCC EVEN AFTER MP WROTE IRCC
MY SPOUSE AND I KEPT BELIVEING IN JESUS THROUGH PRAYER AND CALMNESS.
IN JUNE 2024 MY SPOUSE WROTE A COMPASSIONATE LETTER AND SENT TO THE MINSITER'S OFFICE (AS INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF JESUS ON OUR INSIDE)
ON JULY 11TH 2024, I GOT PPR.
I AM CURRENTLY WRITING YOU FROM CANADA!
JESUS DID IT FOR ME! NO MAN ,NOT EVEN MY PARENT COULD HELP, JESUS DID THIS!
I WISH EVRYONE HERE THE BEST.I RECOMMEND PRAYER , TRUST IN GOD AND CALMNESS. NO NEGATIVE ENERGY. AVOID NEGATIVE POST. ABSORB POSITIVE POST.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
HI, THANKS FOR YOUR UPDATES ON HERE. I HAVE BEEN A QUIET MEMBER.
JESUS HAS HELPED ME TO SECURE MY PR AND THIS IS MY TIMELINE BELOW.

MY SPOUSE APPLIED FOR PR FOR BOTH OF US IN APRIL 2022 (I AM OVERSEA DEPENDENT BASED IN NIGERIA).
MY SPOUSE GOT HER PR JULY 2023 AND THREE DAYS AFTER MY FILE WAS TRANSFERRED TO ACCRA GHANA FOR PROCESSING.
I GOT PRE ARRIVAL IN AUGUST 2023
I GOT MEDICAL REQUEST IN SEPTMEBER 2023
THEN LONG SILENCE
REQUESTED GCMS IN JAN/FEB 2024 AND SAW ALL THINGS DONE EXCEPT SCEURITY BACKGROUND ONGOING
WROTE MP FOR HELP BUT NO FEEDBACK FROM IRCC EVEN AFTER MP WROTE IRCC
MY SPOUSE AND I KEPT BELIVEING IN JESUS THROUGH PRAYER AND CALMNESS.
IN JUNE 2024 MY SPOUSE WROTE A COMPASSIONATE LETTER AND SENT TO THE MINSITER'S OFFICE (AS INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF JESUS ON OUR INSIDE)
ON JULY 11TH 2024, I GOT PPR.
I AM CURRENTLY WRITING YOU FROM CANADA!
JESUS DID IT FOR ME! NO MAN ,NOT EVEN MY PARENT COULD HELP, JESUS DID THIS!
I WISH EVRYONE HERE THE BEST.I RECOMMEND PRAYER , TRUST IN GOD AND CALMNESS. NO NEGATIVE ENERGY. AVOID NEGATIVE POST. ABSORB POSITIVE POST.
Congratulations!
May I ask which minister you wrote to?

yhel

Jun 18, 2013
Hi All,

I hope somebody can answer me about my situation.

I am a dependent of protected person living abroad with my daughter. Our application is still on process. My husband received a eligibility letter last Feb. 2024, until now no update.
When i checked my application online it's says "in process"
1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2022.
2.We started processing your application on February 24, 2023.

I'm just wondering why, until now, I haven't received any requests for my biometrics and medical. We have a representative who monitored our application. Since my husband received an eligibility, does that mean I am also eligible? Can I also apply for an open work permit? Our representative told us that I can apply for an open work permit since our application is in process. If I apply for OWP, do I have a chance to be approved? Is the VO of my husband and mine different? The VO is Mississauga. Can I call the VO of my country to follow up? Or the representative should be the one to follow up. Does anyone here have the same scenario as mine? Please help and thank you in advance.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi All,

I am a dependent of protected person living abroad with my daughter. Our application is still on process. My husband received a eligibility letter last Feb. 2024, until now no update.

I'm just wondering why, until now, I haven't received any requests for my biometrics and medical. We have a representative who monitored our application. Since my husband received an eligibility, does that mean I am also eligible? Can I also apply for an open work permit? Our representative told us that I can apply for an open work permit since our application is in process. If I apply for OWP, do I have a chance to be approved? Is the VO of my husband and mine different? The VO is Mississauga. Can I call the VO of my country to follow up? Or the representative should be the one to follow up. Does anyone here have the same scenario as mine? Please help and thank you in advance.
Since you are living outside of Canada you can not apply for work permit. Your husband will get his pr and they will start processing yours. You need to wait until he get his pr.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi All,

Me and my dependent same as you

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Hello everyone. I'm here to thank the Almighty God for finally answering me and also to encouraging everyone on the waiting list

Application received March 15, 2020
Start processing March 17 2021
Sent a correspondence April 7th 2021
Additional documents, proof of communication July 10, 2023
Medical request June 19th 2024
P PR August 6th 2024
Processing time 53 months

VO Accra Ghana

God grant everyone speed in Jesus name. Amen

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hello everyone. I'm here to thank the Almighty God for finally answering me and also to encouraging everyone on the waiting list

Application received March 15, 2020
Start processing March 17 2021
Sent a correspondence April 7th 2021
Additional documents, proof of communication July 10, 2023
Medical request June 19th 2024
P PR August 6th 2024
Processing time 53 months

VO Accra Ghana

God grant everyone speed in Jesus name. Amen
Finallyyyy!!! Congrats:)))