+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Congrats, there are so many factors involved again its depend on VO office and every case is different,

yesterday i got this information from MP office and i lost my hope again look like they are just dragging it.

I hope you’re well! As discussed, please find the update below from IRCC:

- The application was received on August 23, 2021.

- The verifications related to Criminality are passed.

- The verifications related to medical exams passed and are expired (Rest assured that the responsible office will contact applicants directly if they need to be redone).

- The verifications related to Eligibility are currently in progress.

- The verifications related to Security have not started yet.

- All required documents have been received.

- Estimated Processing Time is 50 months; brings us to October 2025.
Honestly I understand your pain however I would advise you devise a coping mechanism because when it gets to IRCC, please expect anything.
My application made 53 months yesterday and I'm still waiting on them. I'm not scaring you just preparing your mind. I pray God intervene for everyone on the waiting list. Amen

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Honestly I understand your pain however I would advise you devise a coping mechanism because when it gets to IRCC, please expect anything.
My application made 53 months yesterday and I'm still waiting on them. I'm not scaring you just preparing your mind. I pray God intervene for everyone on the waiting list. Amen
I believe it gets easier when the main applicant obtains PR. The hard part is over Insha’Allah.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I think it’s time your spouse besieged his/her MP for intervention. Your spouse can also order GCMS notes to ascertain, in detail, what is actually going on since you have already gone beyond the processing time.

Last edited:

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
I think it’s time your spouse besieged his/her MP for intervention. Your spouse can also order GCMS notes to ascertain, in detail, what is actually going on since you have already gone beyond the processing time.
Yeah you are correct and both options has been done. We contacted the MP who didn't do much than to give us the same information over over again. Nothing new every 3 months she checked plus the GCMS notes saying the application is on que for review plus no response to webform only automated responses. Nothing more to do than to wait. That's why I advised that applicant to get a coping mechanism because it's the only thing that can help. My husband has been a PR holder since 2021.

N

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Yeah you are correct and both options has been done. We contacted the MP who didn't do much than to give us the same information over over again. Nothing new every 3 months she checked plus the GCMS notes saying the application is on que for review plus no response to webform only automated responses. Nothing more to do than to wait. That's why I advised that applicant to get a coping mechanism because it's the only thing that can help. My husband has been a PR holder since 2021.

N
At this point I don’t know what to expect anymore. I wish they would just indicate a processing time and stick to it instead of making us anxious all the time.

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
At this point I don’t know what to expect anymore. I wish they would just indicate a processing time and stick to it instead of making us anxious all the time.
Processing time for dependant is 50month at this time & that’s the card they are playing everything you enquire they say you are still in your processing time rest assure there is no further document required so kindly wait.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
Good day, is it possible for dependents of protected persons to apply for family class sponsorship after the principal applicant obtain pr.

fidaaballan

Star Member
Mar 14, 2024
Hello everyone!

Principle applicant is already an PR on August 2022

As a dependent outside we received an Medical request on April and did it on May
However, right after medical we request an request for updated Schedule A and PCC. Which we already summit. Does any one have similar experience or suggestion on the process.
hi can you please let us know how long you waited for your pr? and are you at quebec?

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Processing time for dependant is 50month at this time & that’s the card they are playing everything you enquire they say you are still in your processing time rest assure there is no further document required so kindly wait.
But the fact that some applications are being processed in less than a year tells you that they don’t NEED those 50 months they’re just procrastinating

Hopper

Jul 23, 2024
Hello everyone. Is it common for just one dependent to receive medical request? One of my dependents got their medical request yesterday but other one has yet to get that. Biometric instruction letter and pre arrival services were sent to both??

Please help it's been hard without my husband and kid here and i'm worried!!

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hello everyone. Is it common for just one dependent to receive medical request? One of my dependents got their medical request yesterday but other one has yet to get that. Biometric instruction letter and pre arrival services were sent to both??

Please share your timeline.
Regarding your question, I have no idea:

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021

People actually have different experiences with the sequence of requests from IRCC. Therefore, you can only get ideas here. Everybody’s has a different experience.

Concerning the Medical Institutions, do both use the same email? You can quickly send a Webform to the Visa Office about this anomaly.