+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Congratulations! I wish you all the best in Canada.
1. Please, do you have a family in Canada? 2. If you do, are they protected person(s)? 3. When did your family apply for PR.
4. When did they receive PR?

Thank you.
They already shared the principle applicant’s timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2023.
We started processing your application on October 27, 2023.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on November 3, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Gets first portal email on NOV, 2023
eCOPR, December 2023

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
They already shared the principle applicant’s timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2023.
We started processing your application on October 27, 2023.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on November 3, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Gets first portal email on NOV, 2023
eCOPR, December 2023
I am just surprised at the speed of processing; 2 months for the principal applicant and 9 months for the dependent outside Canada. This must be a record. We have dependents here waiting for 4 years and counting. Is there something special/different about this application that we need to know?

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
I am just surprised at the speed of processing; 2 months for the principal applicant and 9 months for the dependent outside Canada. This must be a record. We have dependents here waiting for 4 years and counting. Is there something special/different about this application that we need to know?
I don’t know if they are in a special program or something, but it seems that there is a wide gap between applications and it all depends on the officer processing the file

Shiny12

Apr 19, 2023
I don’t know if they are in a special program or something, but it seems that there is a wide gap between applications and it all depends on the officer processing the file
2 months of the principal applicant?? This will not happen in the express entry program.
And if this really happened it should be under a very special program.

Best of luck for you.

Beamsbabe

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
2 months of the principal applicant?? This will not happen in the express entry program.
And if this really happened it should be under a very special program.

Best of luck for you.
I was super surprised myself when I saw the timeline yesterday but honestly I think God just favored this family.
It also made me conclude that this process that we have all been waiting for can actually be done in 3 months and yet it's been 53 months and still counting. I don't know what's missing or what's going on, what I know definitely is that whatever has a beginning must surely have an end someday.

Congratulations once again to your family. Cheers

Ra1993

May 29, 2024
Yes, it was really fast processing, We were surprised too! Thanks for god

Ra1993

May 29, 2024
I was super surprised myself when I saw the timeline yesterday but honestly I think God just favored this family.
It also made me conclude that this process that we have all been waiting for can actually be done in 3 months and yet it's been 53 months and still counting. I don't know what's missing or what's going on, what I know definitely is that whatever has a beginning must surely have an end someday.

Congratulations once again to your family. Cheers
Thanks! Hope you get your PR soon

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Congrats, there are so many factors involved again its depend on VO office and every case is different,

yesterday i got this information from MP office and i lost my hope again look like they are just dragging it.

I hope you’re well! As discussed, please find the update below from IRCC:

- The application was received on August 23, 2021.

- The verifications related to Criminality are passed.

- The verifications related to medical exams passed and are expired (Rest assured that the responsible office will contact applicants directly if they need to be redone).

- The verifications related to Eligibility are currently in progress.

- The verifications related to Security have not started yet.

- All required documents have been received.

- Estimated Processing Time is 50 months; brings us to October 2025.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Congrats, there are so many factors involved again its depend on VO office and every case is different,

yesterday i got this information from MP office and i lost my hope again look like they are just dragging it.

- The verifications related to medical exams passed and are expired (Rest assured that the responsible office will contact applicants directly if they need to be redone).

This is frustratinggg

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

Hi,
Is this for your pr application after you received positive NOD or for your overseas dependents? 50 months too much. Processing time shows 24 months.