+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland received a passport request, but no portal email for the inland principal applicant

JadeTiger

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
Hello everyone!

I'm an inland applicant with the Outland spouse. I'm in Canada, my spouse is not.
Today we received an Information letter in the GCkey portal from the Ankara office to my name with a passport submission request for "you and/or your outland dependants".
No portal email for me.

Anyone who was in the same situation? Should I wait for another email for myself or does it mean that an officer made a mistake and sent a passport submission letter for both of us as outlands, forgot that I'm an inland applicant?

JadeTiger

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
Hi @JadeTiger I am in the same situation. Would you please let me know what happened in your case? Did you receive portal emails eventually?
Hi!

I submitted a webform where I specified that I'm in Canada while my spouse is outside Canada. Received my portal 1 email 2 weeks later, portal 2 several days after. My spouse sent his passport to a visa center after my portal 2 email.
Now he has a visa in the passport, I got my ecorp inside Canada.

Reactions: ArunKK

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@Sheika No responses at all. I think it takes roughly 25 days for the webforms to be added to the file. I had submitted supporting documents on June 27 and July 1, which were added to my file only on July 23 and 26, respectively. I will try to call IRCC today and check if they have sent any portal emails which I might have not received. If they haven't sent any, then I just have to wait wait wait...............

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
@Sheika No responses at all. I think it takes roughly 25 days for the webforms to be added to the file. I had submitted supporting documents on June 27 and July 1, which were added to my file only on July 23 and 26, respectively. I will try to call IRCC today and check if they have sent any portal emails which I might have not received. If they haven't sent any, then I just have to wait wait wait...............
Did you recieved RFV on 23 July??

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
It was on July 22 , and how do you know the dates of your documents being attached on your file , from the tracking account??
I received emails saying the documents I sent were added to my file. Tracker is inactive from June 14. I think it is dead for now.

Margee patel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
He
Hello everyone!

I'm an inland applicant with the Outland spouse. I'm in Canada, my spouse is not.
Today we received an Information letter in the GCkey portal from the Ankara office to my name with a passport submission request for "you and/or your outland dependants".
No portal email for me.

Anyone who was in the same situation? Should I wait for another email for myself or does it mean that an officer made a mistake and sent a passport submission letter for both of us as outlands, forgot that I'm an inland applicant?
Hey, what was the timeline of your outland application?

Margee patel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hey what was your timeline of outland application?

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
Hey what was your timeline of outland application?
Application: Express Entry In-land
October 20, 2023: Application submitted
January 5, 2024: Biometrics and Medical request
January 30, 2024: Medical passed
February 16, 2024: Went to India for my wedding
February 19, 2024: Received P1 email asking to confirm if I am in Canada. Replied saying no and provided return date
February 21, 2024: Received an email asking to update IRCC once I return to Canada
February 29, 2024: Got married
March 2, 2024: Updated IRCC about my marriage
March 14, 2024: Uploaded documents for adding spouse to the application through webform (IMM forms, PCC, medical, marriage certificate, wedding photos)
March 17, 2024: Returned to Canada
March 18, 2024: Updated IRCC of my return to Canada
April 5, 2024: Received P2 email confirming my PR and asking to confirm my presence in the country and upload PR photo. At this point my wife was not added as a dependent to the application
April 5, 2024: Called IRCC call center explaining this situation. The agent told not to confirm and not to upload PR photo. Asked to write to the VO explaining the change in family composition and the marriage status
May 14, 2024: COPR cancelled and request for additional documents - spouse addition (IMM forms, PCC, PR fee, upfront medical)
June 15, 2024 - Wife added as a dependent
July 18, 2024 - Final decision
July 23, 2024 - Ready for visa letter

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
Should I submit my spouse passport or do I need a wait a little bit more ??? @ArunKK
I honestly don't know. I told my wife to submit the passport for stamping as the RFV letter said to do so within 30 days and I am hoping that they will stamp it. There is a good chance they will send it back without stamping as I still am waiting for portal emails and haven't landed. The worst thing that might happen is they will send it back and ask to resend it once I have landed. Please call IRCC again and see what the agent suggests. In my case, the agent didn't give me a definitive answer and I went ahead and submitted the passport as I didn't want to wait.

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I honestly don't know. I told my wife to submit the passport for stamping as the RFV letter said to do so within 30 days and I am hoping that they will stamp it. There is a good chance they will send it back without stamping as I still am waiting for portal emails and haven't landed. The worst case that might happen is they will send it back and ask to resend it once I have landed. Please call IRCC again and see what the agent suggests. In my case, the agent didn't give me a definitive answer and I went ahead and submitted the passport as I didn't want to wait.
Im also waiting for portal request, so I could send . Ircc agent told that wont be any other letter for passport request and vfs will probably hold the passport until my landing is done .