+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland received a passport request, but no portal email for the inland principal applicant

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@ArunKK Do we just have to wait till we get ECOPR or is there anything else that could be done from our side too??
After you declare that you are in Canada and upload the photo and add the address, you just have to wait for the eCOPR. It will be uploaded into the PR portal where you submitted the photo and you will receive an email saying eCOPR is available for download. This will complete the process on your end. Your dependent will get their passport stamped with one time entry TRV and two copies of COPR (client copy and IRCC copy). You both need to confirm that the details in your COPRs are correct and update IRCC if there are any errors. If all good, you should download the eCOPR and sign it and keep it for your records. Your dependent should not sign the COPR until they have landed - They need to sign the COPR in front of the officer at the port of entry. Your dependent should carry the passport, both the copies of COPR (IRCC copy and client copy) and a print of your signed eCOPR. Once you receive the COPR your application for the first PR card will be created on its own and a card will be dispatched to you in a month time.

Reactions: Sheika

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
After you declare that you are in Canada and upload the photo and add the address, you just have to wait for the eCOPR. It will be uploaded into the PR portal where you submitted the photo and you will receive an email saying eCOPR is available for download. This will complete the process on your end. Your dependent will get their passport stamped with one time entry TRV and two copies of COPR (client copy and IRCC copy). You both need to confirm that the details in your COPRs are correct and update IRCC if there are any errors. If all good, you should download the eCOPR and sign it and keep it for your records. Your dependent should not sign the COPR until they have landed - They need to sign the COPR in front of the officer at the port of entry. Your dependent should carry the passport, both the copies of COPR (IRCC copy and client copy) and a print of your signed eCOPR. Once you receive the COPR your application for the first PR card will be created on its own and a card will be dispatched to you in a month time.
@ArunKK i received my eCOPR , thanks for explaining everything in detail. Hope we get our cards soon too

Jul 31, 2023
@ArunKK, I have received my P1 and P2 Mails and waiting for COPR. My spouse lives in Australia. He did not receive Passport request yet. I tried calling IRCC and agents were mentioning that they will be sending passport request only after I receive my COPR.

But I see everyone is getting passport request even before principal applicant’s COPR. I’m not sure what to do. I raised web forms as well but no reply yet. Any suggestions please?