+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland received a passport request, but no portal email for the inland principal applicant

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
That the information was sent to appropriate officer , thats it
Did you get any update? I called IRCC on Friday and the agent told me that my application is ready for landing and eCOPR is not yet generated. the agent told me that there is no timeline when they would send the portal emails I should frequently check my email. I had raised a webform on July 23rd saying I am in Canada and they added it to my file on August 7th.

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
@ArunKK I called IRCC they just said to wait and nothing much , they received my webform thats it .Not sure when can I receive the portal mails

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@ArunKK hope we receive our portal mails soon , its already more than 3 weeks
Hope so too. From what I am reading in the threads, the average time from P1 to P2 is 20-30 days, P2 to eCOPR is again 30 days, and from eCOPR to PR card is 40 days. Altogether, we are looking a total processing time of 3 months. I really hope they will skip the P1 part for us as we have already intimated the IRCC about our presence in Canada. Did your spouse submit their passport for stamping?

Sheika

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Hope so too. From what I am reading in the threads, the average time from P1 to P2 is 20-30 days, P2 to eCOPR is again 30 days, and from eCOPR to PR card is 40 days. Altogether, we are looking a total processing time of 3 months. I really hope they will skip the P1 part for us as we have already intimated the IRCC about our presence in Canada. Did your spouse submit their passport for stamping?
Yes my spouse submitted passport on August 5th reached Ircc next day itself , I hope too if they skip portal 1 it would be good and also if we got eCOPR thats enough right for our spouse to land , than waiting till the pr card

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
Yes my spouse submitted passport on August 5th reached Ircc next day itself , I hope too if they skip portal 1 it would be good and also if we got eCOPR thats enough right for our spouse to land , than waiting till the pr card
Yes your spouse can land once you have the eCOPR

McDonald323

Aug 15, 2024
Ensure that the Outland applicant has not received any additional instructions or information through other means, such as postal mail or email.

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
Ensure that the Outland applicant has not received any additional instructions or information through other means, such as postal mail or email.
Would you please elaborate on this? My wife received her COPR, one time entry stamp and an instruction letter. I read the letter and it seems to be generic, saying she cannot enter until the principal applicant is landed or should accompany the principal applicant, and there are other details about how to obtain different services and what to do once landed. I really appreciate if you could guide me.

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
@ArunKK Did you get any update on the portal request, do you think we need to call ircc or submit webforms
No updates yet. I had called IRCC yesterday and they told I just have to wait to hear from the office. All assessment of the application is completed and the application is approved. I don't think the IRCC call center agents are helpful at this point. I just have to wait. The agent told me that my application was transferred to the New Delhi office for processing my wife's COPR and TRV and has to be transferred back to Canada for further processing. Who knows, every agent gives a different story.

You can call IRCC and check if they have received your webform saying that you are in Canada. Other than that, I don't think there is anything we can do other than wait.